Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    @bkhamill Sucks to hear about the extra work but glad to see you're doing okay!
    Cool story @orangesmartie ! I've never had the courage to meet up with anyone I've met online.
    @noaddedsugarx I am very sorry to hear about the situation with you and your grandma. I wish you and her the best.
    Good job on the scale victories @CountessKitteh and @xLoveLikeWinterx !
    @Coastalpath I hope things improve soon. I really hate the idea that you aren't allowed to feel bad just because someone else has it worse. If I'm allowed to feel happy finding ten dollars on the ground while someone wins the lottery, I'm allowed to feel bad while there are people in the world in situations must worse than me.
    I don't see any issue with hiring extra help for your pets, kids, or home care. It provides a source of income to someone and ensures that whatever you're leaving in someone's care isn't neglected.

Sorry for missing any posts. I need to go grab something for dinner.

Thanks, and I am in Texas, so others here, we might need to do a meetup.

I live in southeast Texas, near Houston, but I am always up for a road trip!!!

Can we do this next time I am in Dallas?

Sounds like a possible plan to me.

Yay! I will let you know when I am coming back. I come here pretty often.

Sweet. It's about four hours by car or 30 minutes by plane!!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    A huge huge thank you to all of you who have donated to my alzheimer's society/Ben nevis fund. It's such a kind and generous thing for you to do for a random Internet stranger (except @girldownsouth whom I have now met once!) I am deeply overwhelmed at the support and encouragement I have had from all of you.

We are not random strangers! Not at this point.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    ((Hugs)) @Tubbs216

I haven't been running either, I think that's why I'm in such a funk. Tomorrow is July 1 and I'm in a weight loss challenge with some friends on Facebook. Tomorrow is the day I get back at it, with a clean colon I suppose...

Well I hear you lose a lot of weight with that....

LOL! My 1-day detox plan!

Our official first weigh-in for the challenge is supposed to be on 7/2, but I will be using my WI from BEFORE the colon cleanse.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I'm going on the Fitbit adding spree lol. I'm Heather and my user pic is a pic of my youngest DS lol

I just checked my Fitbit friends and I don't have a Heather. Did you post your email or username in the Batcave?

ETA: Ignore this...I just stopped by the Batcave and added you!

What is this batcave?

If you head on over to the groups section, we have one 'Confession is good for the soul'. Join up!

OK, I have never been the groups before, and just popped over to join up and cannot find that one and do not have a search feature, as I supposed to have a search feature there? there are 1400+ pages of groups in there.
    Sent you an invite :)
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Currently looking at all the websites on Plantar Fasciitis, I've decided if this isn't gone by next week I am booking an appointment with a Podiatrist. I'm officially over the anxious part and more annoyed because this is putting my half marathon training off by a week!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Confession: The Brits meeting up in real life has made me jealous!

I forget where folks are from, specifically (I think I have everybody's country down, and some of the US states), so I'll just ask!

Any body in the Philadelphia/South Jersey/North Delaware area? We should get together! It could also be expanded into Eastern PA, North Jersey, and maybe even Northeast Maryland. Depends who is willing to make a trek. ;)

I am! New Jersey. I go to Philadelphia often enough. It's only like 45 min from me. Do you run at all? Maybe we could meet and run or walk a 5k? Or walk in the park. I am up for it! I just hope you're not like....I don't like her in real life! (Assuming you like me in virtual life of course!)

I don't run...well. I'm short, and it always feels like an impossible task to get anywhere. Tiny legs and all. ;)

I'm trying to get better at it, so maybe that's motivation! I can definitely walk though.

Of course I like you in virtual life!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    ((Hugs)) @Tubbs216

I haven't been running either, I think that's why I'm in such a funk. Tomorrow is July 1 and I'm in a weight loss challenge with some friends on Facebook. Tomorrow is the day I get back at it, with a clean colon I suppose...

Our official first weigh-in for the challenge is supposed to be on 7/2, but I will be using my WI from BEFORE the colon cleanse.
    I had a colonoscopy a while ago (probably due for another actually). Remember to weigh yourself before and after your prep. In the interest of science. I lost 5lbs.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    A huge huge thank you to all of you who have donated to my alzheimer's society/Ben nevis fund. It's such a kind and generous thing for you to do for a random Internet stranger (except @girldownsouth whom I have now met once!) I am deeply overwhelmed at the support and encouragement I have had from all of you.
    Will you reach your fundraising goal?
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I'm going on the Fitbit adding spree lol. I'm Heather and my user pic is a pic of my youngest DS lol

I just checked my Fitbit friends and I don't have a Heather. Did you post your email or username in the Batcave?

What is this batcave?

If you head on over to the groups section, we have one 'Confession is good for the soul'. Join up!

OK, I have never been the groups before, and just popped over to join up and cannot find that one and do not have a search feature, as I supposed to have a search feature there? there are 1400+ pages of groups in there.

Thanks @Tubbs216 !! I was just about to figure out how to send a link! Hugs to you BTW!! :D
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I just can't keep up. I feel left out :'( .

Way behind, but I wanted to say that I'm so relieved that I am not the only person who hates weddings. I love my friends/family and am happy for them, but my goodness most weddings are the most boring events in the world.

Just jump back in instead of catching up! Sometimes it's too much work to get caught up! This thread should be fun not work!! Glad you're back!
    I can't keep up either at the moment. I feel like I need to sit at the computer full-time to reply to everyone who deserves a reply (and everyone deserves one).

Hugs to those who are struggling at the moment, cheers for those who are having successes. Actually, hugs for everyone. Please send me one back - I'm feeling sad about all the stuff that seems to be happening in the world right now.

Also, I want to eat everything in sight. I haven't yet, but I really want to, and I still haven't been running (one week now. What is wrong with me??)

XXXOOO
    I can't remember are x's kisses and hugs o's? Just defaulted to both.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    @LBuehrle8 I've heard that getting one filled isn't bad, but I totally get the nerves. Good luck!

@pofoster21 those are some awesome shoes!! I also love a platform - way easier to walk in and a whole lot more comfortable in my opinion. Your step count is even more impressive given you're racking them up in platforms!!

@Tubbs216 ((hugs)) Stay strong with your food choices, but don't feel bad if you give in a little. Also, I meant to say yesterday I'm glad V day happened smoothly. If I remember right he was really nervous about it, so I'm glad it all went well.
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Currently looking at all the websites on Plantar Fasciitis, I've decided if this isn't gone by next week I am booking an appointment with a Podiatrist. I'm officially over the anxious part and more annoyed because this is putting my half marathon training off by a week!

Yes, definitely get to a podiatrist! When I had PF, the podiatrist gave me a shot in my heel that made the pain go away long enough for me to stretch and heal. I still ran, pain-free.

I understand I'm lucky, most people take longer to heal and some require a surgery.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    @LBuehrle8 I've heard that getting one filled isn't bad, but I totally get the nerves. Good luck!

@pofoster21 those are some awesome shoes!! I also love a platform - way easier to walk in and a whole lot more comfortable in my opinion. Your step count is even more impressive given you're racking them up in platforms!!

@Tubbs216 ((hugs)) Stay strong with your food choices, but don't feel bad if you give in a little. Also, I meant to say yesterday I'm glad V day happened smoothly. If I remember right he was really nervous about it, so I'm glad it all went well.
    Thanks for the good wishes. Gives me the warm fuzzies.

Hubby recovering well! I, tactlessly (and I promise accidentally, although I suspect there was something Freudian going on...) served him spaghetti and meatballs for dinner last night. He ate a couple and then pushed the rest aside looking a little pale. Poor guy!
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    ((Hugs)) @Tubbs216

I had a colonoscopy a while ago (probably due for another actually). Remember to weigh yourself before and after your prep. In the interest of science. I lost 5lbs.

Oh yeah. I only wish those 5 lbs would stay gone afterward...
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options

What is this batcave?

Thank you so much, A whole new world just opened up to me!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Thanks, and I am in Texas, so others here, we might need to do a meetup.

I live in southeast Texas, near Houston, but I am always up for a road trip!!!

Next time I am heading to visit my family in Southeast Texas, I'll let you know!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ((Hugs)) @Tubbs216

Ohh if the start is 7/2 then you need to eat all the salty foods. Maximum short term weight gain!

No I am not competitive.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Will you reach your fundraising goal?

Hugs to you!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

Thanks for the good wishes. Gives me the warm fuzzies.

Hubby recovering well! I, tactlessly (and I promise accidentally, although I suspect there was something Freudian going on...) served him spaghetti and meatballs for dinner last night. He ate a couple and then pushed the rest aside looking a little pale. Poor guy!

LOL! Glad Vday went well!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Stopping by to say fitbit ordered. In purple! 35% off!

@susieqhusband get cracking... she needs that Fitbit. ;)

Also, has anyone seen or heard from @BZAH10 ...she has been MIA for the past few days...did I miss a vacation announcement?

I've been wondering the same, haven't heard from her in a while! Hope she hasn't left us. :(