Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Stopping by to say fitbit ordered. In purple! 35% off!

@susieqhusband get cracking... she needs that Fitbit. ;)

Also, has anyone seen or heard from @BZAH10 ...she has been MIA for the past few days...did I miss a vacation announcement?

I've been wondering the same, haven't heard from her in a while! Hope she hasn't left us. :(
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    ((Hugs)) @Tubbs216

I haven't been running either, I think that's why I'm in such a funk. Tomorrow is July 1 and I'm in a weight loss challenge with some friends on Facebook. Tomorrow is the day I get back at it, with a clean colon I suppose...

Well I hear you lose a lot of weight with that....

LOL! My 1-day detox plan!

Our official first weigh-in for the challenge is supposed to be on 7/2, but I will be using my WI from BEFORE the colon cleanse.

Ohh if the start is 7/2 then you need to eat all the salty foods. Maximum short term weight gain!

No I am not competitive.

Oh yeah. I managed to "gain" 10 lbs the last week of December. The last time we did this was January, and I was 2nd place.

I still think the person that won held a 5lb dumbbell on the first WI. LOL
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Thanks, and I am in Texas, so others here, we might need to do a meetup.

I live in southeast Texas, near Houston, but I am always up for a road trip!!!

Next time I am heading to visit my family in Southeast Texas, I'll let you know!

That will be great Ceci!!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    @LBuehrle8 I've heard that getting one filled isn't bad, but I totally get the nerves. Good luck!

@pofoster21 those are some awesome shoes!! I also love a platform - way easier to walk in and a whole lot more comfortable in my opinion. Your step count is even more impressive given you're racking them up in platforms!!

@Tubbs216 ((hugs)) Stay strong with your food choices, but don't feel bad if you give in a little. Also, I meant to say yesterday I'm glad V day happened smoothly. If I remember right he was really nervous about it, so I'm glad it all went well.
    Thanks for the good wishes. Gives me the warm fuzzies.

Hubby recovering well! I, tactlessly (and I promise accidentally, although I suspect there was something Freudian going on...) served him spaghetti and meatballs for dinner last night. He ate a couple and then pushed the rest aside looking a little pale. Poor guy!

This was too funny.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

Next time I am heading to visit my family in Southeast Texas, I'll let you know!

Well, dang. I'm not in South Carolina or Texas.

Anybody near Nashville, TN?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    A huge huge thank you to all of you who have donated to my alzheimer's society/Ben nevis fund. It's such a kind and generous thing for you to do for a random Internet stranger (except @girldownsouth whom I have now met once!) I am deeply overwhelmed at the support and encouragement I have had from all of you.
    Will you reach your fundraising goal?

She surpassed it a while ago!
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    I have a Garmin, I think I may be the special snowflake on here haha

My tri watch is a garmin. Too bulky and ugly for every day.

I left my Garmie in a hotel last month. When I replaced it, I wanted the HRM on my wrist and couldn't wait for Garmin to release theirs, so I now use a Tomtom Multisport. It does the job and was cheaper than my beloved Garmie.

Didn't bother to call the hotel to retrieve it? The same happened with my Kindle and I called them, they got it and overnighted it to me for free. La Quinta, too so def not a high end hotel.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    Yes, this is totally surprising to me! I'm glad to see all the housekeeper talk. I've wanted to get one and my husband has been super resistant. We both grew up pretty poor, so paying someone to clean our house seems really extravagant (he says: "we're not those type of people". Um, yes, we are two professors, we actually could be those type of people now). Our compromise was getting a roomba - which is awesome and has reduced cleaning time - but I still would love an every-other week cleaner.

My cat is the proverbially scardey-cat. I don't think she would ever forgive me if I brought home a roomba - or come out from under the couch.

Both my cat and dog are giant wusses. Muffin (the cat) in particular was terrified of the vacuum. The roomba is quieter than the regular vacuum though and she actually will be in the same room as it and watch it. I'll never get an awesome video like this: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCAQyCkwAA&url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLt5rBfNucc&ei=v-GSVYmpMdCoogS-qLugBg&usg=AFQjCNGLgzKzR3Mpc-0rEj_OreHyWVj_bQ&sig2=lxrm_dXLesIOEwZ0OtqqOQ&bvm=bv.96783405,d.cGU but she does OK.

YES! That's the video!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    A huge huge thank you to all of you who have donated to my alzheimer's society/Ben nevis fund. It's such a kind and generous thing for you to do for a random Internet stranger (except @girldownsouth whom I have now met once!) I am deeply overwhelmed at the support and encouragement I have had from all of you.

Excellent!
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »

Wow - that IS a lot of stressors all happening at one time! Last year for me was very similar: our townhouse flooded and my husband and I lived in a hotel for 6 months while it was repaired. We had JUST bought the house and moved in 13 days before the flooding occurred. At the same time, I got really sick with some sort of viral lung infection and was sicker than I'd ever been for over a month. Also at the same time, his sister and nephew came to live with us. At the same time, we were going through some massive computer changes at work that were extremely complex and changed the way I do my job every day and how we interact with the customers we serve. Also, I'd been trying to get pregnant for over a year before all this happened and basically we tried all the things we could afford to try. It's unexplained fertility on my end. Sigh. So, yeah, I can definitely empathize!!! I can tell you, that things get better.

All the stress was going on before I decided I really needed to get fit. I gained about 30-40 lbs throughout the stress of last year. Finally, this year in February, I decided that I REALLY wanted to feel healthy/fit by my birthday in August. That's when I started logging on MFP again and exercising regularly. The exercise alone helped me manage my stress SO MUCH more effectively than anything else!

Hugs to you!! It would be so hard to be diligent on MFP with calories and exercise, etc. when dealing with what feels like stress in every single aspect of your life. Be kind to yourself and know that each day is a new day. I hope your husband's surgery goes well and that he feels better soon. That will help immensely!

What a lovely empathic post - I really appreciate it. I am sorry that you had so much going on, as you say, I can empathise! That sounds awful that you home flooded, and so soon after moving in. 6 months is a long time to be moved out too. Is the house better now than before with all the repairs? Getting sick is awful, especially around that time. It sounds very similar to our situation with the fertility issues too. I am really sorry you have been through that. I am glad that things get better - and agree exercise and eating well does really aid the healing. I never thought I was good at anything, and in the last few years I've taken up running, strength training and even learned to swim! All things I now know I deserve. I used to feel really bad about myself, and although I know I'll never be the best swimmer or runner or cyclist I do it and take part and that's the main thing. Exercise has given me so much more confidence, it's just hard with this other stuff it's knocking my confidence somewhat. I am doing a lot less 'grief bacon' than I used to, and the results of the exercise are starting to show. I love being strong.

I am really pleased that you are doing well with these changes to your health - and so pleased the exercise is helping with the stress. Fingers crossed for you with the fertility - it sounds like you are doing everything right so just keep on going :heart:

Aw, thanks for the well wishes! I'm doing well and YES the house is MUCH nicer now with all the repairs! We got new floors throughout, new kitchen cabinets and new counter tops. It is fabulous! So you have that to look forward to eventually! :smiley:

I'm going to be 39 years old in August, so I think I've made my peace with not being a biological mom. That's ok. I think we'll look into being foster parents for kids in need in the future, but for now, our house is full (husband's sister, her boyfriend, and her son all live with us).

How are things going for you? I hope things get better day by day!!
  • m1xm0d3
    Options

I find ANY watch to be too bulky and ugly for every day. :D
  • Oberon21
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »

I find ANY watch to be too bulky and ugly for every day. :D

I did too until I became hooked on my gear. Now I am lost without it!
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    @LBuehrle8 I've heard that getting one filled isn't bad, but I totally get the nerves. Good luck!

@pofoster21 those are some awesome shoes!! I also love a platform - way easier to walk in and a whole lot more comfortable in my opinion. Your step count is even more impressive given you're racking them up in platforms!!

@Tubbs216 ((hugs)) Stay strong with your food choices, but don't feel bad if you give in a little. Also, I meant to say yesterday I'm glad V day happened smoothly. If I remember right he was really nervous about it, so I'm glad it all went well.
    Thanks for the good wishes. Gives me the warm fuzzies.

Hubby recovering well! I, tactlessly (and I promise accidentally, although I suspect there was something Freudian going on...) served him spaghetti and meatballs for dinner last night. He ate a couple and then pushed the rest aside looking a little pale. Poor guy!

Hahahaha! Poor guy, indeed :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    On plane! 14530.
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    Omg T-2 days until Darius Rucker! I'm thinking about getting a new outfit today for it, if I can convince RaelynnsDaddy to go shop with me haha! ;)

I've been meaning to tell you, that I actually met him a long time ago. It was in a bar in Five Points. I kept looking at this guy at the end of the bar and thought he was really cute. So, a friend of a friend introduced me to him and I didn't catch his name because it was so loud in the bar. And then my friends and I had to leave right after that. When we get outside the bar, my friend said, 'I've never met a famous person before'. And I was like, 'What are you talking about'? She proceeds to tell me that was Darius Rucker. Moral of the story: he's either much better looking in person or I was drunk. Although I've always been a sucker for a bald guy with facial hair!

Ok, now I'm super jealous lol! I'm so excited for Thursday!

My dear old mother has asked me why I want to lose weight. Well, this is why:
    I look forever pregnant. (Which, wouldn't be a bad thing, IF I ACTUALLY EFFING WAS!) Sigh, at least the 6lb drop today is heading in the right direction, now to hit my goal of 140lbs by January 1st! ;)

You can do it! Just keep tracking and moving!

ETA removed picture for mixmode.

Awww <3:smiley:
  • Oberon21
    Options

No but I really want to do the country music marathon. Interested?
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Just sharing today's shoes for my fellow shoe freaks.

ETA the cuts on my feet are from another pair of shoes I wore the other day!!!

No judgement, but YIKES. My wedding heels were less than half of that and I STILL nearly killed myself... I would break my neck with the first step!

Editing to add: I also hate heels. And make up. I'm probably the furthest thing from a girly-girl anyone could ever meet. Did anyone here know that? :D
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options

Excellent!

My first target was £300 and I thought I would struggle to hit that. I've raised it £100 every time I get to the next hundred and today I went just over £700. I'm really pleased and amazed
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Confession: The Brits meeting up in real life has made me jealous!

I forget where folks are from, specifically (I think I have everybody's country down, and some of the US states), so I'll just ask!

Any body in the Philadelphia/South Jersey/North Delaware area? We should get together! It could also be expanded into Eastern PA, North Jersey, and maybe even Northeast Maryland. Depends who is willing to make a trek. ;)

I am! New Jersey. I go to Philadelphia often enough. It's only like 45 min from me. Do you run at all? Maybe we could meet and run or walk a 5k? Or walk in the park. I am up for it! I just hope you're not like....I don't like her in real life! (Assuming you like me in virtual life of course!)

I don't run...well. I'm short, and it always feels like an impossible task to get anywhere. Tiny legs and all. ;)

I'm trying to get better at it, so maybe that's motivation! I can definitely walk though.

Of course I like you in virtual life!

Then let's find a local 5k run/walk! And I see 'vertically challenged' people running all the time. :)
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options

No but I really want to do the country music marathon. Interested?
    Ooh that sounds good, what happens during that one?