Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,367 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

Hugs to those who are struggling at the moment, cheers for those who are having successes. Actually, hugs for everyone. Please send me one back - I'm feeling sad about all the stuff that seems to be happening in the world right now.

(((HUG)))
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I have such a hangry right now. I am struggling lol... I think it's a sign I need to up my calories a bit anyway- kind of a slower slide into maintenance, right? (lol really I just want to EATALLTHETHINGS! lol)
    I think you and I are at similar stages in our 'journey' (apologies to all who hate that). I have 6lbs to go to my first goal, which would put me where I was about 18 years ago. I'm finding it really hard to get motivated to finish the job, and feel like you about slowly switching to maintenance. I'm a chronic yo-yo'er and I'm so scared of gaining it alllll back again.

Yep, lost 30, 10 more to go until goal (I'll probably adjust it another 3-5 after that but who knows. Strict has been working for me up until now. I mean, I still do it, and I'm still losing, but... the motivation is starting to slide away.

My other option is eat a couple hundred more cals than usual today and just avoid the scale for a couple days, too.
    Oh wow. Almost exactly the same then. I'm 34 down, 6 to go, with another 5 on the radar. I have willpower of iron, until I just... don't anymore.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Ok. I ate cherry cheesecake. But I had strawberries and blackberries with it, so that's good, right?

Also, date night tonight for early anniversary dinner. I will be way over calories today. Back to it tomorrow.

Happy anniversary! Also, glad to hear that all went smoothly for your husband. I was sitting here scratching my head over "V-Day" and thinking... "Veteran's Day"? But that's already over... Then it hit me later. :D
    Thanks! Did the meatballs comment clarify it for you?! :D
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Confession: We are taking my son in law out for his birthday dinner tonight, he wants seafood. We will go to Joe's Crab Shack at his request. I do not like most seafood but Crab legs! Yes! I do not care what the calories add up to, I will have the fries and hushpuppies and maybe even some dessert.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Hugs to those who are struggling at the moment, cheers for those who are having successes. Actually, hugs for everyone. Please send me one back - I'm feeling sad about all the stuff that seems to be happening in the world right now.

(((HUG)))
    Thank you, llama.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Just sharing today's shoes for my fellow shoe freaks.

ETA the cuts on my feet are from another pair of shoes I wore the other day!!!

No judgement, but YIKES. My wedding heels were less than half of that and I STILL nearly killed myself... I would break my neck with the first step!

Editing to add: I also hate heels. And make up. I'm probably the furthest thing from a girly-girl anyone could ever meet. Did anyone here know that? :D

I might have guessed. I am totally a girly girl and a Tom Boy. :)

I'm neither... I hate girly stuff like shopping, shoes, and make up, but I'm also not one who would like to "hang with the guys" or something like that. I would love to do stuff like horseback riding, running, climbing mountains, etc., but I think those are gender neutral things (except in Saudi Arabia. -_-)

I confess that I'm rather jealous that everyone's making plans to meet up at some future point and I'm over here with "NEVER GONNA HAPPEN" stamped all over my host country's forehead. *sigh* Although I'm such an anxious chicken that I'd probably never make it to a meet-up anyway...

Onto some positive things! My goals for today were to:
    - Do 30-60 minutes of exercise (Did sixty!)
    - Drink a minimum of 2 liters of water (Drank nearly THREE!)
    - Do the stair thing (Did TWENTY EIGHT FLIGHTS! That's counting up AND down. Up was 18!)
    - Finish the housework (Meh. Lazy won today.)
    - Steal my husband's sticky notes and post them all over the house (DONE)
    - Stay within my calories (Totally accomplished! With room to spare!)

Today was a pretty big win overall! :) In case anyone is wondering, the sticky notes say:
    - What do you want more: To eat that bread, or your HEALTH and HAPPINESS? <-- Posted in my most common secret-eating spot.
    - You can do this! <-- On the refrigerator.
    - Stairs are FUN! *drawing of stairs* <-- Next to the front door.
    - Every meal can either bring you closer to your goal or take it further away. <-- In front of my dining chair, on the wall where I can see it as I'm eating.
    - Are those extra calories worth the EXTRA GUILT? <-- On the kitchen entrance.
    - Getting closer every day! <-- On a kitchen cabinet
    - Every kilo lost brings you closer to a FITBIT! <-- In front of my scale

And, just for fun: "Your wife is SUPER GREAT! *drawing of shark*" <-- On my husband's computer screen. ;)

LOVE the last one! I like the others too.
    Me too!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @kelly_c_77 I might be late but why don't you get your son one and you split it with him?
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Second day in a row we've had a reception with fancy apps and desserts at work. I had to escape this one early because I didn't think I had the willpower in me after yesterday's successful resistance.

Everything was all goat-cheese and stuff-with-fancy-sauce-pipettes and triple-layer-cake. Cruel, really. I love hors d'oeurves a lot.

I hightailed it out of there on the heels of the resident vegan and hoped no one noticed.

Very strong-willed of you! I would have eaten ALL the foods... sigh.
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I love the notes!! Especially the one on your husband's computer!!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Just about to head out from work and need to go grocery shopping before home. Just ate a quest bar to stop the hungries while I am shopping. Here's hoping it can keep me away from the Talenti!! BTW, where is Francl today??

She hasn't been around for a while, just like BZAH. :( I'm not sure where either of them went, but @Francl27 mentioned something about giving up on keeping up with the thread right before disappearing so I don't know if she's going to come back...
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    My Fitbit just died so I won't be making my 10,000 steps.

But I got most of my list done.
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Confession: We are taking my son in law out for his birthday dinner tonight, he wants seafood. We will go to Joe's Crab Shack at his request. I do not like most seafood but Crab legs! Yes! I do not care what the calories add up to, I will have the fries and hushpuppies and maybe even some dessert.

OMG - are you in the Portland/Vancouver area? Cuz that is fabulous! I've never been to Joe's Crabshack, but have always wanted to try it.

Oh wait... that restaurant is a chain, isn't it? And here I was thinking the only one anywhere is in Vancouver, WA. HA! /embarrassed grin
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    The last time I went, I ordered the shark bite drink and liked it. I've still got the little shark sitting sitting on my desk. :p

Order the campfire s'mores.
    thumb_600.jpg?1344799702?1435698568

• Susieq_1994
    Options
    Ok. I ate cherry cheesecake. But I had strawberries and blackberries with it, so that's good, right?

Also, date night tonight for early anniversary dinner. I will be way over calories today. Back to it tomorrow.

Happy anniversary! Also, glad to hear that all went smoothly for your husband. I was sitting here scratching my head over "V-Day" and thinking... "Veteran's Day"? But that's already over... Then it hit me later. :D
    Thanks! Did the meatballs comment clarify it for you?! :D

LOL, nope I got it when someone else commented on the surgery going smoothly... But the meatballs would have done the job if I hadn't! :p
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Just about to head out from work and need to go grocery shopping before home. Just ate a quest bar to stop the hungries while I am shopping. Here's hoping it can keep me away from the Talenti!! BTW, where is Francl today??

She hasn't been around for a while, just like BZAH. :( I'm not sure where either of them went, but @Francl27 mentioned something about giving up on keeping up with the thread right before disappearing so I don't know if she's going to come back...

Was Franci going on vacation, or is that later in July?
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I'm currently reading a series of books written by the author of The Hunger Games. This series is for much younger readers, so doesn't have quite the intensity of the Hunger Games. Anyhow, I thought you might like it? It's The Underland Chronicles (Book 1 is called Gregor the Overlander) and there are 5 books in the series. Written by Suzanne Collins.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    The last time I went, I ordered the shark bite drink and liked it. I've still got the little shark sitting sitting on my desk. :p

Order the campfire s'mores.
    thumb_600.jpg?1344799702?1435698568

OMG - that looks sinful! And jthurman3, I am in Texas so, yes, it's a chian.
  • lxsaps
    lxsaps Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I just had about 5 bites of Carrot Cake and I feel terrible about it.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »

OMG - are you in the Portland/Vancouver area? Cuz that is fabulous! I've never been to Joe's Crabshack, but have always wanted to try it.

Oh wait... that restaurant is a chain, isn't it? And here I was thinking the only one anywhere is in Vancouver, WA. HA! /embarrassed grin

I'm in Pullman, no one else confessed to being northwesterners, so I might be the closest to you.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Just sharing today's shoes for my fellow shoe freaks.

ETA the cuts on my feet are from another pair of shoes I wore the other day!!!

No judgement, but YIKES. My wedding heels were less than half of that and I STILL nearly killed myself... I would break my neck with the first step!

Editing to add: I also hate heels. And make up. I'm probably the furthest thing from a girly-girl anyone could ever meet. Did anyone here know that? :D

I might have guessed. I am totally a girly girl and a Tom Boy. :)

I'm neither... I hate girly stuff like shopping, shoes, and make up, but I'm also not one who would like to "hang with the guys" or something like that. I would love to do stuff like horseback riding, running, climbing mountains, etc., but I think those are gender neutral things (except in Saudi Arabia. -_-)

I confess that I'm rather jealous that everyone's making plans to meet up at some future point and I'm over here with "NEVER GONNA HAPPEN" stamped all over my host country's forehead. *sigh* Although I'm such an anxious chicken that I'd probably never make it to a meet-up anyway...

Onto some positive things! My goals for today were to:
    - Do 30-60 minutes of exercise (Did sixty!)
    - Drink a minimum of 2 liters of water (Drank nearly THREE!)
    - Do the stair thing (Did TWENTY EIGHT FLIGHTS! That's counting up AND down. Up was 18!)
    - Finish the housework (Meh. Lazy won today.)
    - Steal my husband's sticky notes and post them all over the house (DONE)
    - Stay within my calories (Totally accomplished! With room to spare!)

Today was a pretty big win overall! :) In case anyone is wondering, the sticky notes say:
    - What do you want more: To eat that bread, or your HEALTH and HAPPINESS? <-- Posted in my most common secret-eating spot.
    - You can do this! <-- On the refrigerator.
    - Stairs are FUN! *drawing of stairs* <-- Next to the front door.
    - Every meal can either bring you closer to your goal or take it further away. <-- In front of my dining chair, on the wall where I can see it as I'm eating.
    - Are those extra calories worth the EXTRA GUILT? <-- On the kitchen entrance.
    - Getting closer every day! <-- On a kitchen cabinet
    - Every kilo lost brings you closer to a FITBIT! <-- In front of my scale

And, just for fun: "Your wife is SUPER GREAT! *drawing of shark*" <-- On my husband's computer screen. ;)

Great job on your goals for the day! And you are too cute with your little notes! :)