Using Bento Boxes for lunches.

Options

Replies

• LadyAhiru
    LadyAhiru Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    viridiian wrote: »
    Wow, I'm so happy to see an active bento thread here on MFP since I took a break from this site :D

A bento I made a few days ago: Chicken w/ zucchini, pepper, tomato & green bean goma-ae, and mushroom & ume rice
    KfPUUvK.png
    Also some older pics here.

Looking forward to contributing more!

That looks soooo good!
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    viridiian wrote: »
    Wow, I'm so happy to see an active bento thread here on MFP since I took a break from this site :D

A bento I made a few days ago: Chicken w/ zucchini, pepper, tomato & green bean goma-ae, and mushroom & ume rice
    KfPUUvK.png
    Also some older pics here.

Looking forward to contributing more!

That looks tasty. It also makes me wish I was better at food photography >_<
  • Narcissora
    Narcissora Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    8ahvxux4sezu.jpg

Sweet potato wedges with honey; blackened catfish (under the sweet potatoes - you will just have to trust me with this one); peaches; raspberries.
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Finally back at bento!! Today is leftover taco night. Sirloin steak in chipotle garlic sauce, avocado, cheese & sour cream with some strawberries (aww, my picture always looks nicer on my phone than it shows here). Snack bento is a bunny egg, carrots & cherries.
    rzupvgyaacjt.jpg
    xealq7zju9k4.jpg

• LadyAhiru
    Options
    mx43jp8zl0y8.jpg

*cough* guess who inspired me^^
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    My other new bento box! Contains rice, chopped pork chop (teehee), mixed veggies, and a salad.
    uw9n3s9bhbjy.jpg
  • mangrothian
    Options
    My other new bento box! Contains rice, chopped pork chop (teehee), mixed veggies, and a salad.

Teehee, I see what you did there!
  • mangrothian
    Options
    LadyAhiru wrote: »
    mx43jp8zl0y8.jpg

*cough* guess who inspired me^^

Just put it on the universe ^_^ It's tasty enough that the dish speaks for itself.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Ah, to answer, my eggs are actually almost fully cooked. I used plenty of of the broth-y sauce, so it only LOOKS like it isn't. So much glistening.

Also, I'm slowly removing the vegetarian restriction on myself. I used to eat enough beef to almost entirely KO my anemia, but without the beef... n-n; I'm very pass-y out-y. Even if I'm eating tons more greens.
  • TheLittleGingerDoesWeightLoss
    Options
    3txlnvth8t3l.jpg

My pseudo bento until I can find my true bento! Spinach, provolone, and sweet peppers wrapped in Italian herb turkey breast, one slice of bread, hard-boiled egg, carrots, and strawberries. The truest part of this was when I turned the fake sandwich section, nothing fell out! lol

• meadowlark42
    meadowlark42 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've been pretty terrible at posting here, but I've actually been making bento boxes almost every day for lunch for the past two weeks. They've been working really great for balancing portion control with feeling satisfied. Also been getting lots of attention in the break room ;)

I have been taking photos, so here are just a few from the past two weeks. All are between 500 and 600 cal:

7nehmem0iuf4.jpg

using the sistema box for the first time. it was ok, but the latch snapped off in my hand (snapped right back on). Also, I think the compartment sizes are too big for me. Grilled squash sandwich, lentil salad and mixed berries

jkss6w0oly27.jpg

Back to the laptop. Pineapple teriyaki chicken, corn salad, blueberries, crackers and goat cheese

wv4mvsaiv92d.jpg

Leftover tacos laptop: left over carne asada, mangled corn tortillas, cut up pear and two plums, trail mix for a snack. not pictured: half an avocado separately.
  • Narcissora
    Options
    lt4hlsu591r4.jpg

Stir fried ramen, pork tenderloin, peaches, and a fairy bread equals sign.

Because equality makes me happy. And I think fairy bread will too.
  • madiao
    madiao Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Barely remembered to take a picture before scoffing down lunch today :smiley: rice, chicken, salad and misk soup yum!

5f6eorkm6c4p.jpg
  • Narcissora
    Options
    Oh my gosh, guys! Fairy bread is soooooo good! It's like a buttery sugar cookie with the best texture ever - the super soft bread and the crunchy sprinkles! I'm in fairy heaven!
  • LadyAhiru
    Options
    p2fooyk2eun7.jpg

I did another JustBento Recipe and tried the hot chicken wings;)
    Sorry for the bad picture i am super tired!
  • madiao
    madiao Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Narcissora wrote: »
    Oh my gosh, guys! Fairy bread is soooooo good! It's like a buttery sugar cookie with the best texture ever - the super soft bread and the crunchy sprinkles! I'm in fairy heaven!

Hehehehe fairy bread is amazingly tasty!! Was this the first time youve tried it?

Lunch today is rice, crumbed chicken and some salad which is going to get covered with delicious tonkatsu sauce *drools*

q86q2a973akc.jpg
  • Narcissora
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Yep, first time! I posted a picture on Facebook - my friends think I'm crazy for eating sprinkles on buttered bread. They are missing out.

Your tonkatsu looks delicious.

I love how every country has their quirky traditional foods. There is so much that I want to try, and I am seeing so many new things in this bento thread!

Edit: I meant to quote @madiao but I goofed. :o
  • sagj
    sagj Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Yep, first time! I posted a picture on Facebook - my friends think I'm crazy for eating sprinkles on buttered bread. They are missing out.

Your tonkatsu looks delicious.

I love how every country has their quirky traditional foods. There is so much that I want to try, and I am seeing so many new things in this bento thread!

I agree; I love how diverse our little group is!

Still no bento for me since I'm on vacation until next Wednesday but all of your bentos look lovely!
  • mangrothian
    Options

lol. Now I want fairy bread. Don't think my macros can take it today, so maybe tomorrow....
  • Sorchya
    Sorchya Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I would love to find something to take bento. I am in the U.S, don't have a Daiso store nearby.