Starting 30 Day Shred 5/29/11 who's in?

Options

Replies

• misslyssx
    misslyssx Posts: 87
    Options
    I ordered the DVD from Netflix today, so if i get it by then, I am in!
  • kacylaine
    kacylaine Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join in with yall. I've had the DVD for months and I did 3 or 4 days, but I gave up because the pain was unreal the first and second day after! BUT I really need to tone up some, so here's hoping the accountability will keep me motivated!
  • Caroline9252
    Options
    I am already on day 7 of the shred, and I will say that the first few days I thought I was going to rename the video - 30 days and your dead!!!! It was so hard to get started and so hard to push through the pain of the first week, but I am super glad I did. The soreness does get better!!!! You just have to work though it and not give up. I am not sore at all now and attribute it to the fact that I kept pushing.

Level 1 is managable now and I love it. I am going to do 10 days of each level consecutively to result in my 30 day completion.

I am scared to move on to level two but I still have a couple of days before that happens. Anyone add me if you'd like. I would like to share progress with others doing the video.

I am already seeing changes in my "endurance", and it makes me happy. What killed me in the beginning is getting better now. :wink:
  • SuzieR
    SuzieR Posts: 127
    Options
    Hmmm ... ok, so this arrived in the post today ... I guess I have no excuses now! Friday it begins! BRING IT ON JILLIAN!

*I am terrified* lol :)
  • vitamina19
    vitamina19 Posts: 30
    Options
    I am in. I will order the DVD today. But I need to know what the plan is. Does the DVD include all 3 levels? Do I need any extra equipment?
  • SuzieR
    SuzieR Posts: 127
    Options
    I am in. I will order the DVD today. But I need to know what the plan is. Does the DVD include all 3 levels? Do I need any extra equipment?

Yep, the DVD includes all three levels. You'll need some hand weights I believe ...
  • vitamina19
    vitamina19 Posts: 30
    Options
    bump
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    So 5/29 is soon approaching :)

I was planning on doing 10 days in each stage so 10 in stage 1, 10 in stage 2 and 10 in stage 3 (also this is my first time using this)

I am also going to record:

weight
    neck
    bust
    stomach
    hips
    l thigh
    r thigh
    l bicep
    r bicep

So I can not only track my weight loss but also how many inches I lose
  • 2girls4boys
    2girls4boys Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • Staceygurl428
    Options
    Ooops....I actually started yesterday. I thought it started on the 24th and I was late! Oh well. I'll just be a little ahead! I will say this though...my arms are killing me already...and I'm only using 2lb. weights on level one! :blushing:
  • LonelyPilgrim
    LonelyPilgrim Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Mine came in the mail yesterday. I think I'll start it today (I'm the impatient sort) but that's probably good as I know I'll end up skipping some days after a particularly brutal day at work.

I only have 6 and 8 # weights though! I'm gathering from the comments that I need lighter weights.. grrrr.
  • Staceygurl428
    Options
    I would definitely recommend getting some smaller weights!
  • katrana
    katrana Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Last time I did this, I started with the bigger size soup cans. Not sure how much they weigh, but that was more than enough!

I am in! The hardest part for me has been finding time to exercise.
  • LLaDonna
    LLaDonna Posts: 126
    Options
    I watched Day 1 on cable. I'm scared, but I need it...
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    IM IN!
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Count me in too! I was going to do it every day in May, but I didn't like the idea of getting up and doing it before work. Now that we are on summer vacation, I am going to be doing this in the morning, in addition to my regular workouts.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I'll either start tomorrow or Sunday. I need to get a mat tomorrow first though (since I can only do girly push ups for now! LOL!)
  • kb1286
    kb1286 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I've had this dvd for a year and have never gotten past level1
  • LLaDonna
    LLaDonna Posts: 126
    Options
    Can someone explain to me whether or not it is a different workout everyday for 30 days or is it just three LEVELS of workout done at 10-day intervals? Or is it neither of these?
  • Ley2ndtry
    Ley2ndtry Posts: 136
    Options
    I actually started mine last night so if its ok i'll join too? no point starting another thread wth a couple of days difference!

this will be the second time i've started it, the first time i never got to stage 2 >.< i'm in it for the long run this time though :)