My spouse is sabotaging my diet!

Options

Replies

• lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    You're sabotaging my diet, because when you said "cheesecake," I had to make one of my own.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    OP serious aside..I think your wife is funny
    I am guilty of making tons of baked goods knowing that my boyfriend will singlehandedly finish them off. There's some kind of satisfaction for a woman knowing your man is well fed :)

Agreed! If not, he'd go get those brownies elsewhere! :)
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    My Wife will go a very long time without baking or even cooking. I get 20 or 30 lbs off she will start baking cookies they are huge and they are great. I was using one of who cookies as a meal replacement thinking I could still lose weight. WRONG!!! I didn't lose weight and they definitely were a gate way drug of going off my diet. She has done this to me 4 times. I think my will power is stronger this time and if she try this again we are going to have a big argument...I am coming down from my highest weight of 414 and I am down to 393 after a month. I don't need to be smelling fresh baked cookies....

apparently she is most comfortable with you at yr heaviest. you have my sympathy.
  • moesis
    moesis Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Thankfully the only edible things that my wife can cook are healthy. For me the challenge is leaving her at home when I go grocery shopping. If she comes with it's potato chips, sweet tea and other empty calorie laiden foods. I may as well throw my healthy menu and shopping list out the window.
  • VioletHaz
    VioletHaz Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I get an attitude with the hubs when I see all the cookies and ice cream after he has gone grocery shopping but in fairness he went grocery shopping and has heard me say I wish I had some oreos/ice cream.
    Now if he could just want to put both feet into the fitness wagon instead of just a pinkie finger and join me in wanting a potentially healthy middle age I would really like that.

Where I see a real problem is with a friend. She seems to make lots of desserts and such meanwhile her husband has had amputations due to being diabetic. She even brought up one time that he was mad at her for making the desserts. Can only shake your head and be glad its not you.
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    My wife baked brownies last night. I ate 1/2 of one. I told her she was not supportive of my diet. I even used a little whiny girl voice "you don't understand, I have my mother's thighs! It's so hard." She only laughed..haha but seriously she just texted me a picture of a cheese cake in the oven...
    Wellll, it's not exactly a bun in the oven but maybe she was trying to tell you something else? :wink:
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    VioletHaz wrote: »
    I get an attitude with the hubs when I see all the cookies and ice cream after he has gone grocery shopping but in fairness he went grocery shopping and has heard me say I wish I had some oreos/ice cream.
    Now if he could just want to put both feet into the fitness wagon instead of just a pinkie finger and join me in wanting a potentially healthy middle age I would really like that.

Where I see a real problem is with a friend. She seems to make lots of desserts and such meanwhile her husband has had amputations due to being diabetic. She even brought up one time that he was mad at her for making the desserts. Can only shake your head and be glad its not you.

Yikes!

I do the same whenever I do the groceries - swear that's genetic - picking up the richest, most decedent ice cream.

Now the wife and I have a healthy joking relationship with food and will toss candy at one another saying "Eat it fatty!"

• Naener
    Naener Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    every time i mention the word "calorie" in front of my BF, its like he takes it as a personal offense/insult. Hes a type 2 diabetic, self induced... he snacks all day on JUNK, will eat non stop for hours... and if i wont share his ice cream, kit kat, or snack mix, he pouts and makes snide comments etc.

im miserable when im over weight, and he doesnt understand my need to lose.
  • rmitchell239
    rmitchell239 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    faithyang wrote: »
    My wife baked brownies last night. I ate 1/2 of one. I told her she was not supportive of my diet. I even used a little whiny girl voice "you don't understand, I have my mother's thighs! It's so hard." She only laughed..haha but seriously she just texted me a picture of a cheese cake in the oven...

I'm sorry but I couldn't really tell if you were being tongue-in-cheek lol.

I had a similar issue with my hubby flying things like oreos, twix and cookies around making aeroplane sounds and its hard to not open your mouth to take a bite when he makes it so irresistible and irresistibly adorable. Then the gravity of my crime hits and I break down into tears of self-hate and lamentation. I even contemplate flagellation Illuminati-style.

Oh or trying to zen away my craving for things like fudgey mud cake brownies swirled with nutella or peanut butter and pancake stacks laden with chocolate chips and maple syrup and he suggests going to our local Pancake Parlour for a triple stack (I tend to hear triple by-pass). RAWR.

But on a serious note if its really getting to you, its time for a talk. If not, maybe just go along with the ride and text her a picture of food in the 60s and 70s. That's bound to make you drop 3kg almost instantaneously.

swedishbirdsnest.jpg

Your husband sounds like a funny guy, but id feel really bad if I were him and you cried. What is flagellation illimunati style?
  • rmitchell239
    Options
    My Wife will go a very long ti: ithout baking or even cooking. I get 20 or 30 lbs off she will start baking cookies they are huge and they are great. I was using one of who cookies as a meal replacement thinking I could still lose weight. WRONG!!! I didn't lose weight and they definitely were a gate way drug of going off my diet. She has done this to me 4 times. I think my will power is stronger this time and if she try this again we are going to have a big argument...I am coming down from my highest weight of 414 and I am down to 393 after a month. I don't need to be smelling fresh baked cookies....

As Jimmy Johns says: smells are free!
  • rmitchell239
    Options
    My ex husband sabotaged mine on purpose, he didnt want me to become attractive and leave him. Maybe your wife has a similar insecurity

Lol and now hes an exhusband.....
  • rmitchell239
    Options
    VioletHaz wrote: »

That is truly terrible!! All jokes aside she is killing him!
  • rmitchell239
    Options
    cavia wrote: »
    Wellll, it's not exactly a bun in the oven but maybe she was trying to tell you something else? :wink:

4 of thoseband no more! I had a vasectomy and checked my weight afterwords and didnt lose a thing :(
  • rmitchell239
    Options
    Naener wrote: »
    every time i mention the word "calorie" in front of my BF, its like he takes it as a personal offense/insult. Hes a type 2 diabetic, self induced... he snacks all day on JUNK, will eat non stop for hours... and if i wont share his ice cream, kit kat, or snack mix, he pouts and makes snide comments etc.

im miserable when im over weight, and he doesnt understand my need to lose.

Aww thats avserious problem. Have you talked to.him about it?
  • Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    Have you contacted the Beastie Boys? I think they have expertise in this area.

LOL!!
    "Kick It!
    Wifey hates your diet and she said "NO WAY!"
    That hypocrite bakes 2 batches a day
    Man living at home is such a drag
    Now your wife made you run 5 miles for a steak and some snags..."

You gotta fight! For your right!!
  • rmitchell239
    Options

LOL!!
    "Kick It!

You are awesome! Whats a snag? I shall continue:
    You wake up late for the gym.and you dont wanna go!!
    You think to yourself please, but you just got to row.
    You miss zumba class where you could've learned to twerk.
    Now you have to eat the wifes brownies or she'll think you're a jerk!

You gotta fight for your right to not be a larrrrddy.
  • Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Options

LOL!!
    "Kick It!

This is just the best. the best bit of this song will now be singing "Larrrrrrdy" at the end as the song fades.
    Can someone call Weird Al?

On an Australian bbq, a snag is a sausage. I tried to come up with something that rhymed with the ribs you had to eat, but to no avail. ;)
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    My mom is a baker; she is also on MFP & hit her 20# goal. She bakes cookies, pies, etc and then portions each into 2 small servings each & freezes them. This way on lower intake days they are ready & waiting, but because they are frozen, they can't be grabbed on a whim!
  • rmitchell239
    Options

LOL!!
    "Kick It!

This is just the best. the best bit of this song will now be singing "Larrrrrrdy" at the end as the song fades.
    Can someone call Weird Al?

On an Australian bbq, a snag is a sausage. I tried to come up with something that rhymed with the ribs you had to eat, but to no avail. ;)

Haha. Saddly I enjoyed this immensely....I dont know about weird al but someone should call.my wife and tell her I need a date.
  • rmitchell239
    Options
    jenibethbu wrote: »
    My mom is a baker; she is also on MFP & hit her 20# goal. She bakes cookies, pies, etc and then portions each into 2 small servings each & freezes them. This way on lower intake days they are ready & waiting, but because they are frozen, they can't be grabbed on a whim!

Frozen cookies and pies would definitely help my self control.