Things people do at the gym, that you hate.

Options

Replies

• LVNF04
    LVNF04 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Options
    Throwing weight and grunting. I went in and leg pressed (14) 45 lb plates and laughed at the stares I got. Priceless I think I could have did more, ran out of bar.
  • 3AAnn3
    3AAnn3 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    Haha, I leg pressed 200 and this 40ish man came on in between sets and pressed 70. That must have been a bit embarrassing.
  • newfutures
    newfutures Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Old men that come to the gym to specifically hit on the younger gals. :s

one of the reasons I stopped to going to a particular gym. I cant stand creepers
  • newfutures
    Options
    I hate it when people do things at the gym that in no way affect my life and I wouldn't even notice if I were minding my own business

Sometimes you do notice things people do even if you are minding your own business...

sometimes those things are nasty, rude and you just cant help but notice it. obnoxious.
  • newfutures
    Options
    Soopatt wrote: »
    Men that rush over to give you "tips" before you have even picked up a weight. Please don't use this trick to try to cosy up to the ladies, gents - besides being horribly condescending (you are giving me tips before bothering to wait to see how I was going to do it - I happen to be a qualified personal trainer in my former life - things are not as they appear), nobody likes a creeper.

The worst example of this sort of thing is when said creeper then uses the "advice" as an excuse to touch you while your hands are full of weights or equipment. ("You need to feel it here" said one, while touching my butt)

To echo the sentiments of others - if you have the urge to chat anyone up at gym - don't.. just don't.

Unless someone is really doing something daft, don't offer help unless you are asked.

I "accidentally" drop weights on their feet
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    It's been posted already but I'll echo it again. The power rack / squat rack is not for resting your 60-90lb curl bar. If you can curl it you can pick it up off the ground. I guess it one thing if the gym is empty..
    Also, I do think it is very rude to leer and eyeball women in the gym but ladies when you're fit and you're in your Lycra workout clothes, you're going to get a few looks. If you don't want the attention wear baggie tanks and basketball shorts.
    Because it's completely unreasonable to expect grown men to control themselves...?
    Sorry, I don't want to bench press wearing basketball shorts, that creates all kinds of different visibility problems.
  • LVNF04
    LVNF04 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Options
    newfutures wrote: »
    Old men that come to the gym to specifically hit on the younger gals. :s

one of the reasons I stopped to going to a particular gym. I cant stand creepers

I don't care about other people in the gym, and there is no age limit or gender on creepers, I have a name, im not a piece of meat.
  • newfutures
    Options
    Non_Stop wrote: »
    I'll be the first to openly admit that I enjoy a lady that nicely fills out some yoga pants (yes I sneak a peek), but I ABHOR guys that leer and make comments to other guys about a good looking woman trying to get her workout in. Not cool fellas, no problem in admiring, but damn be discreet about it.

THANK YOU
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really annoy me, but it does make me shake my head: The guy who's about 2 seconds away from giving himself a hernia on the lat pulldown machine. Grunting, straining, and with terrible form, obviously with more weight than he can handle. Idk what the deal is, but I see it all the time.
  • catgurl_reeree
    catgurl_reeree Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people at my gym use the weights. I need ALL of them.

This needs a thumbs up
  • 3AAnn3
    Options
    Tialuna18 wrote: »
    Tialuna18 wrote: »
    People are taking what I'm saying far to heart.. : /

Nah, just pointing out that you can't make a generalization based off something not being in line with your specific goals.
    If you can understand what I mean like when young guys typically who don't seem to have the body structure to be taking on such a high level of weight who are clearly struggling manage to do maybe 8 reps and they allow their weights to just smash on the ground?

Ha, I do 5-8 rep sets and have for the last 2 months maybe. I'm making a lot of strength gains. Before I'd do like 20 or 30, stupidly, and NEVER made any gains.
  • 3AAnn3
    Options
    I hate it when people at my gym use the weights. I need ALL of them.

This needs a thumbs up

I concur.
  • emrose347
    emrose347 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ppl that run holding onto the tredmills
  • flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Seeing perfectly fit people using the treadmill on the ground floor. There is only one down there, WITH A HANDICAP PLACARD on it, and I still have to haul my gimpy arthritic knees up a flight of 24 stairs to get to an available treadmill. GGGgrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
  • Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Luke_I_am_your_spotter Posts: 4,179 Member
    Options
    Ive seen an old guy in the locker room drying his balls with the gym hairdryer. that needs to stop.
  • allyouwannado
    allyouwannado Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Chew gum with their mouths open. I can't STAND it. Keep your mouth noises to yourself.
  • zzzhollymariezzz
    zzzhollymariezzz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    When ppl stare at fat ppl like they don't belong in the gym??
  • rdouma73
    rdouma73 Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Refuse to re-rack their weights
  • Mr_Stabbems
    Mr_Stabbems Posts: 4,771 Member
    Options
    i have a home gym...so its when my cat walks in and decided to take a nap on the bench
  • lucy16076
    lucy16076 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Men grunting because are lifting too much weight...I'm sure women do it too in some of the more 'active' gyms, but at mine it seems to be the men that grunt very loudly to indicate to us all that he's lifting far too much weight! :pensive: