Females only - lifting/weight training results?

Options

Replies

• inspirezme
    inspirezme Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Love this thread! Keep it up ladies!
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Love this thread.... DH and I are getting a power rack and setting up a home gym, can't wait as you ladies look awesome!
  • cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    psych101 wrote: »
    Updated picture:

10 months after baby
    vs a year of lifting heavy - I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than do cardio...though the occasional run does happen

hhev30r6h42r.jpg

Soooo...I'll be lifting now. You look FABULOUS! (You ALL do!) Best thread ever!
  • megcorey
    megcorey Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Did anyone gain a few pounds in the begining then start loosing as the went along , i just started over in my 3rd week ,waist smaller but scale up
  • Jillish23
    Jillish23 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I lost 30lbs last year at approximately 2lbs per week by eating at a deficit and going for lonnng walks 2-3 times a week. I've had a break for a while, gained just a few of those lbs back, and started calorie counting again in recent weeks. I barely dropped one clothing size last year after that 30lb loss.

This time around I've been doing kettlebell and dumb bell exercises in the house along with basic stomach exercises (courtesy of YouTube) and started at the gym this week where I'm working on my legs as I don't have that equipment at home.

In this month alone my weight has stayed the same/increased slightly but I've dropped a trouser size and all my tops are baggy already! Lifting seems to be better for me than just cardio.
  • RayneScar
    RayneScar Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You ladies are absolutely incredible! I'm just a beginner, started lifting at home recently and love it! I hope things go as well for me as it has for all you superheroes!
  • mich19025
    mich19025 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    justmytype wrote: »
    I love coming to this thread. It's so motivating! All you ladies are so awesome.

Here's my experience with lifting and weight loss. And for the more "mature" ladies...yes, we can have muscles too!

d6qli09d2sbc.jpg

Fantastic results :smile:
  • inspirezme
    inspirezme Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Everything looks lifted and toned!
    justmytype wrote: »
    I love coming to this thread. It's so motivating! All you ladies are so awesome.

Here's my experience with lifting and weight loss. And for the more "mature" ladies...yes, we can have muscles too!

d6qli09d2sbc.jpg

• mineboy
    mineboy Posts: 2,478 Member
    Options
    gpwo848tbbgv.jpg

Me from 2013 before joining gym and today. Before I weighed 54kg and today I weigh 50kg. I've lost a lot of fat and gained some muscle. BF% was 34.4% and now it's 24.4% so 10% drob in two years :D I still want to build more muscle..
    WOW, great work

• CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I too have been looking to begin weight lifting. Long story short, my husband has been wanting to lose weight/get healthy for a while and tracking food (for him) just isn't appealing at this time. We've tried going for long walks and I tried getting him into running a little and Jillian Michaels videos but he just won't stick with it. We recently both bought rec center gym memberships and finishing up our first week at the gym doing weights. I may have finally found a workout more his speed because he's actually excited to hit the gym. I, on the other hand, am excited but realizing just how stressed I get when I feel like I'm not sweating it out like I'm used to with cardio workouts. I'm determined to make physical changes though so I am going to stick out this weight lifting and hope to achieve great things. I might need to check up on these boards more often for motivation.
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Fabulous work Mrsbiv & Mary!! Such inspiration!
  • hugheseva
    hugheseva Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    While I am an avid runner and believe in the power of cardio, the only way I've ever been able to actually lose weight and reshape my body is by lifting weights. Check out this strength training plan (three phases, 12 weeks long) to use as a base until you get yourself more familiar with lifting. There are videos to show you how to do the exercises as well.

Jamie Eason's LiveFit trainer

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-phase-1.html

I am just finishing Phase 3 and it did wonders!
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    cilwesyg1awj.jpg

cvhrxgecwrq9.jpg

rv1jxr65luva.jpg

Lifting weights makes a woman bulky!!! ;)
    (Instagram @pbandalyssa if interested in more pics. My story is in this thread too.)

Wow. What a difference!!! Way to go!