What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    That I would go into a "normal" store, take the biggest size (as I always do) and it would be too big :o:o:o Said store never ever had anything that fitted me before. I stood in the changing room gobsmacked.

Realizing how terribly uncomfortable I was before. Never realized....

How much better the funky monkey is...ooooooh wow.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    votkuhr wrote: »
    Weight in, weight out. Cash in, cash out on new clothes. :'(
    Have gone from a size 16 to a size 6!

Wow...great job!
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    The profoundly stupid remarks/excuses an overweight friend has used to explain her weight. She keeps asking me to go out to eat.... hahaha prior to going I have checked the menu & nutritional info and know what works for me. Recently, she ate a large appetizer, a large meal and dessert while explaining to me how she "usually" eats healthy organic foods. Seriously in all the years I have known her - I have NEVER seen anything resembling nature or organic food in her house or on her plate. I love her - but sometimes I just want to throttle her.
  • Xandersmommy
    Xandersmommy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just started back on my journey, but I forgot how bad the heart burn gets when you are drinking all that water.
  • Vizhen
    Vizhen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies. This is wonderful. Your post are very encouraging. I've lost a little too and noticed all the things you've mentioned. It's good to know you're not "weird". Other people have similar experiences, feelings, and emotions.
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    That sleeping was going to be a problem! We have an old mattress and it's lumpy as it is. Now I have hip bones and stuff starting to show it's hard to get comfortable enough for a good night sleep. I have to squirm about a bit until I can get that sweet spot where I don't feel anything digging in to me. Also I don't know what to do with my legs as they are leaner now and feel every lump! I tried the suggestion of using an extra pillow that I can rest my leg on and that helps to a certain extent.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    That sleeping was going to be a problem! We have an old mattress and it's lumpy as it is. Now I have hip bones and stuff starting to show it's hard to get comfortable enough for a good night sleep. I have to squirm about a bit until I can get that sweet spot where I don't feel anything digging in to me. Also I don't know what to do with my legs as they are leaner now and feel every lump! I tried the suggestion of using an extra pillow that I can rest my leg on and that helps to a certain extent.

I just noticed the mattress thing this past weekend. It feels so lumpy and uncomfortable now! I might try an extra pillow for my legs, thanks for the tip!
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Options
    Gska17 wrote: »

I just noticed the mattress thing this past weekend. It feels so lumpy and uncomfortable now! I might try an extra pillow for my legs, thanks for the tip!

You're welcome. I got the tip from someone else on this site so it's nice to be able to pay it forward lol
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

I ended up buying one of these from Ikea so I could sleep

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00188484/

sdevhej4z0tk.jpg
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Options
    cblue315 wrote: »

I ended up buying one of these from Ikea so I could sleep

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00188484/

sdevhej4z0tk.jpg

That looks like it might be the answer. I might have to invest in one or something like it. Also I don't know what to do with my left leg anymore. I sleep on my right side and I guess my legs used to be more fleshy. Now they're leaner and more muscled and feel weird when pressed together at night. I was skinny as a teenager. I don't remember how I slept then. I guess I was just used to it.
  • Gska17
    Options
    A pillow top! I wonder if I'd be able to talk my husband into one of those...
  • deselle22
    deselle22 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My boobs shrunk! How vain is it for me to brag I had to buy all new bras!..lol

really? how so? i am looking forward to that ,I need to loser
    50pounds and am pretty sure 20 reside in my boobs,my bust is 46, I want 38 is it possible? how many inches did u lose?
  • Gska17
    Options
    fearnsey71 wrote: »

I'm not exactly springing around like a gymnast but when things roll under the table it's not a broadway production to get them back.

:D:D:D Funniest thing I've read all day. I'm glad!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!