July 4th calorie counts ~9500 here

Options

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I can't count it because it was all eaten out from places that refuse to release nutritional info, but I'm guessing it had to be 15,000 between Friday and Saturday.

I'm hungry now, too. Stretched my stomach out. It will have to suffer. It isn't getting that much food again for a long, long time.

Egads.
  • racheln2017
    racheln2017 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I was really surprised that I didn't go over, I ended up only having 1,182 calories. But, I was able to have a steak tip kabob, bacon wrapped scallops, and a half pound of haddock, so I felt that I made the most of the fourth.
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    1294, for me.
  • AmyJo527
    AmyJo527 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Dang! I came in at 3,132. Not as bad as I thought, but MFP says I will gain 10lbs in 5 weeks if I eat like that every day!
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    For the first time in 176 days I did not track. I did not intend on having a bad food day but it started off bad and stayed that way and in the end turned to a binge. The good news is the binge has not carried over to today. Back on track! In the past a binge lasted days, weeks, or months. THANK GOD I can get back on track today.
  • for_ever_young66
    for_ever_young66 Posts: 2,881 Member
    Options
    I was at 2800 calories but my macros were horrible. Only had about 8 grams of fiber. I'll be munching on fruit and veggies today.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    2935 fr me. Only a little over. I know when I went to bed it was lower though....Now I wonder, was I eating and logging in my sleep?
  • thinnforever
    thinnforever Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well, looks like this is another one of those 'validation' threads.
    To everyone who DID manage to not go crazy over 4th of July - congrats. You're the strong ones.
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    :open_mouth: Hooooooooly shiiiiit! *whistles* That is insanely impressive!
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    I logged an intake of 1039 (which I know is too low, but it was a super busy day) and a great kcal burn of 679. I had actually planned on a White Russian with a neighbor, but time got away from us! Maybe next time!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    2951 is my best guess logging.
    I'm about 150 over for the week (deficit of 3350 instead of 3500) which honestly isn't that bad considering this was my second high day this week.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    To everyone who DID manage to not go crazy over 4th of July - congrats. You're the strong ones.

Oh lawd.
    200w.gif
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    MFP says 1800, but I think it's more like 2200. I'm usually at 1200, but it was worth it.
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options

I didn't read it that way at all. I thought the point was, "And now that day is behind me, time to get back on track!"
    I thought it was a good demonstration of 1 "bad" day not ruining your hard work & not letting it buck ya off!
    I guess therein lies the problem with text...no inflection or nonverbal cues to know OP's intent!
    I am going to assume it was positive!
  • for_ever_young66
    for_ever_young66 Posts: 2,881 Member
    Options
    jenibethbu wrote: »

I didn't read it that way at all. I thought the point was, "And now that day is behind me, time to get back on track!"
    I thought it was a good demonstration of 1 "bad" day not ruining your hard work & not letting it buck ya off!
    I guess therein lies the problem with text...no inflection or nonverbal cues to know OP's intent!
    I am going to assume it was positive!

That's how I took it. To show how resilient we are after falling off the wagon temporarily. Also, it's a holiday, we can't be rigid with our food choices 365/24/7.

• LilannB
    LilannB Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I ate 1304 calories yesterday, so 186 calories under my allowance. That's because I "bank" calories during the week so I have 500 extra calories to "spend" on Sunday. Today I'll be 400-500 calories over my allowance. But when I average all the days for the week the average will be under my daily allowance.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I skipped breakfast and lunch. Probably ate 3000-4000 for dinner and dessert. I also gained 3.8 pounds on my weigh in this morning lol.
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    2955, almost 1400 over for the day.

It was worth every bite. I had an awesome day! And for the next week I'll just pay a bit more attention and effort toward coming in under my goal.

I'm trying to balance being healthy while still enjoying my life. I don't want to live to 100 if all I can eat are grass clippings from now until then.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I logged about 2,850 but I'm going to call it 3000 just in case. My "week" ends today. I'm at a 1900 calorie per day allowance and I banked all week so all is well.