• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    You must be unaware of what goes on here at MFP…
    So what DOES go on around here?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Most of my friend list were people who sent me requests. Most of those people identify as female. It doesn't really matter for my friend list what gender as long as their goal is weight loss and fitness and they aren't making inappropriate remarks to me.
    I feel more weird about befriending a female in their early 20's than a male my age.

If you look in the introduction or getting started forum you might see some guys who want friends. Post to their thread and tell them they can add you- or start a thread looking for people with similar stats and goals.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Here OP you want this section of the forums
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/chit-chat-fun-and-games
    *shudder, sanitizes hands*

Lmfao
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Here OP you want this section of the forums
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/chit-chat-fun-and-games
    *shudder, sanitizes hands*

oh no you didn't!

You just contaminated this thread :laugh:

• yellowantphil
    yellowantphil Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Most of my friend list were people who sent me requests. Most of those people identify as female.

I don’t have many friends on here, but the majority of people who have sent me requests are women. Maybe more than half of the active people on here are female? Maybe women are more likely to send requests? Or maybe it’s a coincidence. I don’t know.
  • Deadpool9
    Deadpool9 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's weird. I simply have more female friends that care about their diet and health than male friends.

I am a guy and am into bodybuilding and weight lifting, so I will add you.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Welllll, I get more random add requests from girls than guys, and I never ask for them... Maybe the girls are just more willing to send random adds? Habits from FB for people may just come over here.

I accept no randoms. Maybe you should adopt that policy?
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    so if i understand it right...
    As a married man it is weird to ask a man to friend him...but woman is oke?
    What about a married woman asking woman to friend them??? weird too?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Op your friend request icon is gonna blow up after this :+1:
  • mjtranter65
    mjtranter65 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wow, I have never posted anything before, and the only hope was to collect MFP friends. The opinions range from toxic date site blah, blah to actual guys that know what I'm saying. To those, thanks. To the others, get back on the treadmill or whatever and relieve some of that pent up tension.
    Thanks. I guess this attempt was in the least interesting, and somewhat successful.

• pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I may be alone in this sentiment, but I think it's fair for your wife not to be happy about your female friends and for her to be snoping your account. My husband and I have a joint Facebook account and would have a joint MFP too if it was physically possible.

I have exactly one friend on here who is male. I have a lot of respect for him and he doesn't come around the forums anymore. If not for that specific situation, it would be zero.

Same rules apply in real life. Unless I have to talk to men as a requirement for my job, I don't without my husband present.

If I was your wife, your MFP account would've been deleted long ago.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I may be alone in this sentiment, but I think it's fair for your wife not to be happy about your female friends and for her to be snoping your account. My husband and I have a joint Facebook account and would have a joint MFP too if it was physically possible.

I have exactly one friend on here who is male. I have a lot of respect for him and he doesn't come around the forums anymore. If not for that specific situation, it would be zero.

Same rules apply in real life. Unless I have to talk to men as a requirement for my job, I don't without my husband present.

You have insecurity issues. Joint FBs scream that. *nod*
  • newfutures
    newfutures Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    So....here is the issue:
    I have an imbalance of female MFP friends to male. My wife (who is not part of MFP) thinks its a bit weird (me too, I guess). The reason I have not requested male MFP friends is because it seems weird to ask because, well, just because. There are some guys that have really similar self improvement and similar goals, but I suppose the issue is that requesting is weird. That said, if your a dude and are serious about getting (and staying) fit, please add me.

Thanks....i hope.
    So....here is the issue:
    I have an imbalance of female MFP friends to male. My wife (who is not part of MFP) thinks its a bit weird (me too, I guess). The reason I have not requested male MFP friends is because it seems weird to ask because, well, just because. There are some guys that have really similar self improvement and similar goals, but I suppose the issue is that requesting is weird. That said, if your a dude and are serious about getting (and staying) fit, please add me.

Thanks....i hope.

I don't think it should matter the gender ratio anyone has. married or not. I think the people who do have underlying insecurities.
  • nora_gettingfitnow
    nora_gettingfitnow Posts: 108 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Deadpool9 wrote: »
    I don't think it's weird. I simply have more female friends that care about their diet and health than male friends.

I am a guy and am into bodybuilding and weight lifting, so I will add you.

There you go, all you needed to do was start a thread :smile:
    Don't be put off by female majority on here, wife or no wife. Women I think in general are more open to sending and accepting requests than guys.
    But send out those requests, the worst thing that will happen is some guys don't accept it. If you look for people who are on a similar journey to you and you add a message to your requests you'll be fine (I personally wouldnt accept random requests)
    Its not the end of the world if they don't accept, but there is plenty of them on here who are genuinely on a fitness ONLY journey (both male and female) !!
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    people can joke mjtranter65
    sheesh

on the more serious note
    Its all about trust.

I always make sure that nobody...and i mean nobody ever get the idea that they even can compete with the shadow of my husband...let alone with him.

So i dont see anything wrong with befriending females or males.

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

Oh boy.
  • LC932017
    LC932017 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    so if i understand it right...
    As a married man it is weird to ask a man to friend him...but woman is oke?
    What about a married woman asking woman to friend them??? weird too?

>:)o:) Kinda a tough one lol