Adding MFP Friends as a married guy

Options

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Most of my friend list were people who sent me requests. Most of those people identify as female.

I don’t have many friends on here, but the majority of people who have sent me requests are women. Maybe more than half of the active people on here are female? Maybe women are more likely to send requests? Or maybe it’s a coincidence. I don’t know.

giphy.gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    Y'all are really piling on pollypocket here. After about 40 posts slamming her, I think she's got the idea.

It's a forum. Sometimes people don't read the replies before they post. Didn't see one where she asked for a white knight either.

Lol. I know most people don't approach life or relationships like I do. ;)

But since I'm in a very small minority with regard to interacting with people as a married woman, it would maybe give the OP some perspective on how reasonable his wife is.

And nothing I my original post is exaggerated.

You have respect for your relationship, and your husbands feelings. I totally get where you're coming from

Sure respect, but is that enough?

I'm not married etc so maybe I don't have the right idea.

But what about trust? What about being 2 individuals that are married?

Just seems odd and what polly has said so far, if it sounded one sided it would be setting off alarms with me of an abusive or controlling relationship, but it seems like it's from both people, and polly seems happy about it so who am I to judge.

Maybe I should preface with the fact that I used to work somewhere where married people having affairs with coworkers was the norm. It was openly talked an joked about. There were days when I was asked out for drinks after work before I clocked in.

I didn't want that to become acceptable or normal for me, so I made sure that everything in my life was completely open and transparent to my husband and I drew certain lines in the sand. Having the joint account also sent a clear message to my coworkers. 10 years later, those lines are still drawn and I am very comfortable with where they are. It's about me being honest and accountable.

So no abuse, just fallout from the Petri dish that I assume most teaching hospitals are.

Having a joint FB account isn't necessarily a fool proof thing that 'proves" a marriage or relationship is completely monogamous. Just putting that out there. And I don't understand how that makes the message "clear" versus you just turning an invitation down.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Y'all are really piling on pollypocket here. After about 40 posts slamming her, I think she's got the idea.

It's a forum. Sometimes people don't read the replies before they post. Didn't see one where she asked for a white knight either.

But since I'm in a very small minority with regard to interacting with people as a married woman, it would maybe give the OP some perspective on how reasonable his wife is.

You have respect for your relationship, and your husbands feelings. I totally get where you're coming from

Just seems odd and what polly has said so far, if it sounded one sided it would be setting off alarms with me of an abusive or controlling relationship, but it seems like it's from both people, and polly seems happy about it so who am I to judge.

Maybe I should preface with the fact that I used to work somewhere where married people having affairs with coworkers was the norm. It was openly talked an joked about. There were days when I was asked out for drinks after work before I clocked in.

I didn't want that to become acceptable or normal for me, so I made sure that everything in my life was completely open and transparent to my husband and I drew certain lines in the sand. Having the joint account also sent a clear message to my coworkers. 10 years later, those lines are still drawn and I am very comfortable with where they are. It's about me being honest and accountable.

So no abuse, just fallout from the Petri dish that I assume most teaching hospitals are.

You work at Ashley Madison or something?
  • pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »

You work at Ashley Madison or something?

You'd think!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

"No thanks, I am married" Doesn't work? :huh:
  • pollypocket1021
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »

Having a joint FB account isn't necessarily a fool proof thing that 'proves" a marriage or relationship is completely monogamous. Just putting that out there. And I don't understand how that makes the message "clear" versus you just turning an invitation down.

No, but it makes male coworkers WAY less likely to send an inappropriate message in the first place.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »

No, but it makes male coworkers WAY less likely to send an inappropriate message in the first place.

Can you prove you don't have any other Facebook accounts?

(The answer is: "No")
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

A married 19 year old doing in a teaching hospital getting asked out for drinks.

Alex, I will take "Making this *kitten* up as as I go for 1,000"

Or maybe you are Doogie Howser.
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I get along with everybody, but enjoy conversations with my male friends better. Some people and maybe you too...have attracted more of the opposite sex friends for the same reason. It's all good. But I do think men and women each have their own set of weigh loss issues, so mixin' it up...is all good too. No one will think u are weird..if you invite more male friends. :)
  • britt01any
    britt01any Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    If your true main goal is fitness...male or female shouldn't matter! If fitness is second or third...stick to your Facebook threads..
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

I didn't want that to become acceptable or normal for me, so I made sure that everything in my life was completely open and transparent to my husband and I drew certain lines in the sand.

I also draw lines in the sand. They look like this -

article-2734352-20CD10F300000578-315_634x309.jpg
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

I didn't want that to become acceptable or normal for me, so I made sure that everything in my life was completely open and transparent to my husband and I drew certain lines in the sand.

Grey's Anatomy is not real life.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Options

Grey's Anatomy is not real life.

This ain't Sea World, this is as real as it gets.

337.jpg
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Most of my friend list were people who sent me requests. Most of those people identify as female.

I don’t have many friends on here, but the majority of people who have sent me requests are women. Maybe more than half of the active people on here are female? Maybe women are more likely to send requests? Or maybe it’s a coincidence. I don’t know.

giphy.gif

I'm scared. ***cries**
  • pollypocket1021
    edited July 2015
    Options

A married 19 year old doing in a teaching hospital getting asked out for drinks.

Try unit clerk during nursing school. And yes, I was married at 19.

Eta: ages aren't on name badges. Young females get asked out.

OP: sorry I hijacked the thread.

Happy wife = happy life.

Peace, ya'll.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Explains so much.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »

Explains so much.

So neither "No, I am married" or "No, I am underage" didn't cut it in a way a joint facebook account did?

Ok!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Options

Explains so much.

So neither "No, I am married" or "No, I am underage" didn't cut it in a way a joint facebook account did?

Ok!

"Hey baby, want to get drinks and get naked later?"

"No thank you, I have a joint Facebook account."

"Man, that's serious commitment! Sorry to bother you with come-ons."
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

Explains so much.

Ok!

"Hey baby, want to get drinks and get naked later?"

"No thank you, I have a joint Facebook account."

"Man, that's serious commitment! Sorry to bother you with come-ons."

Hey, I know this is mighty forward of me, but if you don't have a joint facebook account, do you want to hook up in the supply closet? I know you're underage and I don't want to ruin my future providing alcohol to minors.
  • pollypocket1021
    edited July 2015
    Options

Explains so much.

Well thank god the random internet people believe me.

Seriously, the point of all of this was that the OPs wife is not alone in how she feels. In fact, it is possible to be even more extreme (and still be happy about it).