Adding MFP Friends as a married guy

Options

Replies

• LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    lana0715 wrote: »
    so if i understand it right...
    As a married man it is weird to ask a man to friend him...but woman is oke?
    What about a married woman asking woman to friend them??? weird too?

>:)o:) Kinda a tough one lol
    What about a gay dude? Should all his MFP friends be female?

And I guess anyone who's bi shouldn't have any online friends. That must suck.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Y'all are really piling on pollypocket here. After about 40 posts slamming her, I think she's got the idea.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    Y'all are really piling on pollypocket here. After about 40 posts slamming her, I think she's got the idea.

It's a forum. Sometimes people don't read the replies before they post. Didn't see one where she asked for a white knight either.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    lol, don't let my chivalry stop you now! Go ahead and weigh in, bbq.
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I may be alone in this sentiment, but I think it's fair for your wife not to be happy about your female friends and for her to be snoping your account. My husband and I have a joint Facebook account and would have a joint MFP too if it was physically possible.

I have exactly one friend on here who is male. I have a lot of respect for him and he doesn't come around the forums anymore. If not for that specific situation, it would be zero.

Same rules apply in real life. Unless I have to talk to men as a requirement for my job, I don't without my husband present.

If I was your wife, your MFP account would've been deleted long ago.

D5UjPUK.jpg

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

tumblr_lxwpp4XPlm1qcdms1o1_500.gif
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I may be alone in this sentiment, but I think it's fair for your wife not to be happy about your female friends and for her to be snoping your account. My husband and I have a joint Facebook account and would have a joint MFP too if it was physically possible.

I have exactly one friend on here who is male. I have a lot of respect for him and he doesn't come around the forums anymore. If not for that specific situation, it would be zero.

Same rules apply in real life. Unless I have to talk to men as a requirement for my job, I don't without my husband present.

D5UjPUK.jpg

Bad_Example and I would love to have a joint account -- with a couples total of calories to draw from.
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    My husband has no idea who I am "online friends" with. And I have no idea who his online friends are. And we're both OK with that. We've been married 24 years. We don't need to be up each other's *kitten* 24/7.

Exact same here. DH isn't on MFP and I'm not on the sites/forums he's interested in. We do have lives outside of being married. I have women and men friends on here, most if not all the men are married.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

D5UjPUK.jpg

Bad_Example and I would love to have a joint account -- with a couples total of calories to draw from.

Baahaa can you imagine? "Sorry honey, I spent the last of the calories on a brownie. You can have a treat tomorrow. Right now, I need you to have this celery for dinner."
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I've always viewed MFP as my opportunity to talk about fitness and diet as much as I want with like-minded people. I never really thought about it from a male/female perspective as I don't have extremely personal conversations with my MFP friends.

Are all the girls young, half-naked and "flirting" with you or something? If your intentions were innocent and you keep it relevant to MFP- I just don't see the big deal here.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

D5UjPUK.jpg

Baahaa can you imagine? "Sorry honey, I spent the last of the calories on a brownie. You can have a treat tomorrow. Right now, I need you to have this celery for dinner."

I will have all the fried chicken and ranch dressing, he can have all the lettuce and egg whites.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

D5UjPUK.jpg

lol. That is sick.
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    slaite1 wrote: »
    I've always viewed MFP as my opportunity to talk about fitness and diet as much as I want with like-minded people. I never really thought about it from a male/female perspective as I don't have extremely personal conversations with my MFP friends.

Are all the girls young, half-naked and "flirting" with you or something? If your intentions were innocent and you keep it relevant to MFP- I just don't see the big deal here.

I don't see why "being young" is a requisite for being "half-naked and "flirting" with you or something?"
    but the rest is true.

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

D5UjPUK.jpg

That would put a whole new spin on the "My SO is sabotaging me" threads. :laugh:
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request, but that doesn't mean I want to take long showers till the wee hours of the morning with ya... :D
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

D5UjPUK.jpg

I will have all the fried chicken and ranch dressing, he can have all the lettuce and egg whites.

The fried chicken is mine.

270144_buckethead03_591w.jpg
  • pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Options

It's a forum. Sometimes people don't read the replies before they post. Didn't see one where she asked for a white knight either.

Lol. I know most people don't approach life or relationships like I do. ;)

But since I'm in a very small minority with regard to interacting with people as a married woman, it would maybe give the OP some perspective on how reasonable his wife is.

And nothing I my original post is exaggerated.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    So....here is the issue:
    I have an imbalance of female MFP friends to male. My wife (who is not part of MFP) thinks its a bit weird (me too, I guess). The reason I have not requested male MFP friends is because it seems weird to ask because, well, just because. There are some guys that have really similar self improvement and similar goals, but I suppose the issue is that requesting is weird. That said, if your a dude and are serious about getting (and staying) fit, please add me.

Thanks....i hope.

So... should I have skipped including the d!ck pics when I sent you a friend request?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

D5UjPUK.jpg

The fried chicken is mine.

270144_buckethead03_591w.jpg

You know what's mine?

snickers.jpg