July 4th calorie counts ~9500 here

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Around 3,000 calories, didn't gain an ounce. ;)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    478 calories
    It was a fast day
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I don't regret my two days of chowing down. I chose to do it, knew what I was doing and had a good time. If it sets me back, so what. I can re-lose the pounds. I have over 100 to lose, total, so a couple extra will be a drop in the bucket.

No guilt, no shame. :)
    Well, looks like this is another one of those 'validation' threads.
    To everyone who DID manage to not go crazy over 4th of July - congrats. You're the strong ones.

We'll, we can't all be strong people who think up nasty things to say, then type and send out to strangers on the Internet. Not everyone has that kind of Super Strength! Your parents must be so proud of you.
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    To everyone who DID manage to not go crazy over 4th of July - congrats. You're the strong ones.

To everyone who DID go crazy over the 4th AND managed to get right back on track today are the strong ones!!!

• PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    For the first time in 176 days I did not track. I did not intend on having a bad food day but it started off bad and stayed that way and in the end turned to a binge. The good news is the binge has not carried over to today. Back on track! In the past a binge lasted days, weeks, or months. THANK GOD I can get back on track today.
    You're on top of it! It wasn't a "bad" day, you just ate however and whatever you wanted.

Leave the month long binges to me. :wink: :lol:
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    I don't regret my two days of chowing down. I chose to do it, knew what I was doing and had a good time. If it sets me back, so what. I can re-lose the pounds. I have over 100 to lose, total, so a couple extra will be a drop in the bucket.

No guilt, no shame. :)

We'll, we can't all be strong people who think up nasty things to say, then type and send out to strangers on the Internet. Not everyone has that kind of Super Strength! Your parents must be so proud of you.

:laugh:
    You know there's always one.

cfxcdw4.gif
  • withoutasaddle
    withoutasaddle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I was doing GrEAT. And then my family brought out the brownies and birthday cake for my sister :( I couldn't stop and so ended with about 1200cals just from desert ):( only ("only") about 2000 in all though
  • fishcat123
    fishcat123 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I didn't do a great job tracking but around 2500ish. I ate a light breakfast and lunch and ate a lot of barbeque for dinner. Back on track today!
  • faithyang
    faithyang Posts: 297 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Someday, I want to do a 9,500 calorie blow out too of everything I've always wanted to eat. The most I've ever eaten was 3000 calories since my weight loss journey and that was a massive massive blow out. So that is an awesome goal to have as motivation.

The problem is stomach space, but hell I think I can wing it. *pats OP's back* Good job.

• vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    1397 cals, pretty proud of myself. I lost weight the next day as well.

Well lah-dee-frickin dah! (Chris Farley gif)
    What about having fun on a holiday...y so serious
    It's not about being strong...it's about enjoying life. You know, the special occasions.
    Not everyone needs to eat a lot of food to have fun with their family on holidays.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    vixtris wrote: »

It's not about being strong...it's about enjoying life. You know, the special occasions.
    Not everyone needs to eat a lot of food to have fun with their family on holidays.

Nor does anyone need to judge those who choose to.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Around 3000 :) That's the equiv. of two whole days of food for me! Gonna have to be a good girl the next week or so to get back on track.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    You remind me of the story of Artemis and Apollo. Artemis chastised Apollo for his immoderate behavior as hypocritical of someone who preaches moderation. His reply was, "I preach moderation in all things, including moderation in moderation."
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    magerum wrote: »
    I was at about 9500 calories on the 4th. Post your awesomeness.

43510C4C-3012-4852-A648-E918AB7EC0C6_zpsvfq6lstw.png

Holy crap, dude! My highest day since I started tracking 2.5 years ago was about 4500 and I was struggling to even hit that.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Person A and B both get $600 a month in spending money.

Person A spends $20 per day each day on toys.

Person B spends $10 per day on toys and at the end of the month spends the other $300 on a big ticket toy.

Clearly person A is the "strong" one and person B is doing it wrong. Right guise?
  • 2wise4u
    2wise4u Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    9500 sounds like pure awesomeness and a good time was had by all. LOL
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    vixtris wrote: »

It may not have been a "lot of food", it could have just been high calorie foods. I did my best to balance out my week so that I could have that high calorie day. I lost weight yesterday and this morning too. Even with being well over what it would take for me to maintain on that one day.

Holidays, birthdays, parties, etc are all easier for me (with all the high calorie foods) if I balance things by the week. It's what I did last year through Thanksgiving, Christmas, and all the birthdays/parties that time of year. I lost weight just fine, because my average intake still came out to be right about what it should have even if I had high/low days.
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    2200. I brought a tomato salad and a fruit salad and ate obscene amounts of those.