Things people do at the gym, that you hate.

Replies

• Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    I quit going to a gym 3 years ago, but perfume and cologne were my biggest peeves. Sometimes it was strong enough to choke me. If I'm working out, I'm breathing hard enough as it is!

A more minor peeve was at my gym, there were dozens of treadmills, but only one or two that had really good airflow from the ceiling fans. Since I run hard and sweat a lot, those were my favorites, but they always seemed to be occupied by someone walking slowly and bundled up like Kenny from South Park. Sweatshirt on, hood up, strings pulled close, just their eyes showing.
  • rumijs
    rumijs Posts: 218 Member
    Not toweling machines! :s I can handle a lot of gross things. But my body sitting in someone else's sweat that I didn't realize was there is an instant 0 to 60 rage. Same goes with treadmills. There's this crazy belief in a lot of gyms that sweating all over handle bars and leaving it there is acceptable because it's "just where hands go". NOPE!
  • MurrayBigH
    MurrayBigH Posts: 76 Member
    The guy counting his set out loudly ONE, TWO - GTFO
  • kwiet_storm
    kwiet_storm Posts: 56 Member

pf1975_NW wrote: »
    I recently saw someone on the leg press machine readi :D ng a book! I kid you not!

Reading a book? Dammn, I didn't know people that. What's next, bring a portable TV.
  • kwiet_storm
    Farting in the gym. :D
  • tylahquartez323
    tylahquartez323 Posts: 1,478 Member
    Don't rerack weights in proper place
  • brotundkase
    brotundkase Posts: 74 Member
    edited August 2015
    Give you unsolicited tips that are total bs
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    I recently saw someone on the leg press machine reading a book! I kid you not!

That's a great idea.
  • CJisinShape
    I recently saw someone on the leg press machine readi :D ng a book! I kid you not!

Reading a book? Dammn, I didn't know people that. What's next, bring a portable TV.

They already have tv's all over the gym, no need for that.
  • CJisinShape
    Give you unsolicited tips that are total bs

So I'm not the only one that hears this? I feel better now. Thanks!
  • Kassi_Lynn
    Kassi_Lynn Posts: 149 Member
    Girls doing squats in shorts there *kitten* was already hanging out off. especially when there doing it infront of all the guys. like are you serious?
  • for_ever_young66
    for_ever_young66 Posts: 2,878 Member
    When fitness trainers hog all the dumbbells.
  • DCE96
    DCE96 Posts: 23 Member
    People coming over and talking to me, I am there to focus on working out, not talking about what you are doing for the weekend.
  • kwiet_storm
    DCE96 wrote: »
    People coming over and talking to me, I am there to focus on working out, not talking about what you are doing for the weekend.
    :o
  • TonyMurphy86
    TonyMurphy86 Posts: 239 Member
    Hate when people waste time with equipment and stirring at themselves in the mirror

Oh and girl who wear full face of make up
  • GETU1N
    GETU1N Posts: 1,811 Member
    samjam2801 wrote: »
    Grunters !!!

Same
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Farting in the gym. :D

sorry brah. I had gas I couldn't control. haha
  • blu_de_ville
    blu_de_ville Posts: 4,296 Member
    When people try to advise me on what to do. I didn't ask for any help or advise let me be
  • KT_3009
    KT_3009 Posts: 1,042 Member
    When people don't wipe down their sweaty equipment they've used and just leave it for the next person.. Ew
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    KateTii wrote: »
    Girls who come in with full (and heavy) faces of makeup & people who bring beach/bath towels (usually ratty with mysterious stains)... just to walk on the treadmill.

I also don't get this one. Am I the only person who goes to the gym right after work?

I don't know what kind of make up you are wearing to work in the morning, but my powder, bit of blush and mascara that I apply before work is good and gone by the time I am off work and on my way to the gym.