Over 50 Women's Club

Options
12345679»

Replies

• ppsker
    ppsker Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 61 and have been down with extreme back problems the past 3 years. needless to say core strengthening and yoga are not enough to stop my weight gain. I haven't any support except my fantastic husband. Would love to a apart of a women's group. I miss girl-friendships and would love to join your group.

• jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 and I want to lose atleast 50lbs. I'm new to MFP and looking for friends to get and give support to. Please add me. It's very different losing weight in your 50's.
  • Naughty_ZOOT
    Naughty_ZOOT Posts: 4,307 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

THIS THREAD IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED AND NO LONGER BEING MONITORED! [/b]

If you want to join the group, PM the administrator by clicking on my name and "send message". Please mention the club in your request!
    Thank you!
    Zooty, Admin.

67y1to1b6jqs.jpg
  • Bobbie63
    Bobbie63 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm 51, and I need to honestly lose about 120lbs. I have tried this before, with water aerobics, and nothing. SO then I fooled myself into believing there is no way to lose this darn weight.But there has to be....short, fat and under employed...and a very depressing spring. My mother died, my truck died on the highway in orlando, moved into a house (with the owner, a good friend) we kicked out the renters, house was infested with fleas and german cockroaches (and it's a nice place)...but, I do have "pool perfection" almost....and I hope to use it for exercise. I have moved 2 times in the past 3 months (it was planned not as bad as it sounds)...but honest to pete...I have to drop some weight- I need something good to happen!
  • bgoddess2003
    bgoddess2003 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I hear yeah, I started off good, but have fallen off the wagon so to speak. I find it hard to get in the excerise. I have not totally given up. In my mind if I stay in contact with MFP I will make it.
  • paburk1
    paburk1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Over 50 and would love to join in. Invite please?
  • bandz3
    bandz3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would love to join your group; though I passed the 50 mile marker 16 miles ago, I'm still in the race!

• gkielwei
    gkielwei Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Age 55 next month and need to lose 40 pounds. As we all know, after age 50 it only gets tougher to lose weight. Would love to join the group.
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm 54 - still feel like a teenager, and sometimes I act like a 2 year old.....hahaha. My goals - lose 20lbs and have some muscle definition. I'm fighting those pesky bat wing upper arms. B)
  • tdillabo
    tdillabo Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 in September so yes, it would be great to be part of a group of similar aged people :)
  • tdillabo
    tdillabo Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 56 and in Feb I will be 57 I would like to join the group. I need to lose 70lbs. I'm here 1100 days now and only lost 42lbs.

Judy that is 42lbs less than when you started and you are still here so it still counts as a win :)
  • eclemoine
    eclemoine Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 and struggling to stay on track. I was doing fine for a while but back to drinking my beers on warm summer evenings and have been too ashamed to post the backsliding pounds! I could really use some company on this journey and would love to join your group :smile:
  • cnjz_mom
    cnjz_mom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! I'm 53 and trying to get back down to 145 - felt really great at that weight. Not too fat and not too skinny. My clothes still fit at that size. I have a frayed ACL so that has put a real damper on my walking and I have gained about 20 pounds in about 2 years. ACK! Need to get back in shape and down to my ideal size again. Any help/encouragement is welcome!!
  • eclemoine
    eclemoine Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If anyone is in the Bradford Ontario area maybe we could meet for a walk or a swim? Its always better with a friend to cheer each other on!
  • jocs321
    jocs321 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 and not really needing to loose much weight, I do need to start focusing on eating healthier and getting in shape. My biggest problem is the dreaded middle-age spread that seems so difficult to get rid of. Would love to join and meet others who have managed to lose their muffin top.
  • JulimarieS
    JulimarieS Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi ~ My name's Juli and I'm 57.5 ;) About 12 years ago I was overweight and made a choice to change my habits. One of those habits to begin to exercise and Myfitnesspal helped me in so many ways. Well, I haven't gained back ALL that I lost, but I'm 12 years older and post-menopause and boy HOWDY my body is a whole other world now!! So, I'm back. Back to MFP to be mindful, focused and inspired. Hoping you ladies will be my inspiration and me yours ♥
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    @JulimarieS This is a very old thread. I do know that ‘60 yrs and up’ thread is active. (You can be in your 50’s and join)
  • BeautifullyBroken52
    Options
    I’m 56..after a 3 year illness hiatus I’m back to trying to lose all the weight I gained back. Except this time I’m doing it with a few health disorders and more meds ( from a Covid infection 3 years ago) than last time. It is proving to be difficult. Well the scale is being difficult lol. It’s stressful for me. I could use the support of some old lady’s ( jk) like me. I’m in florida.
  • Shuleran
    Shuleran Posts: 48 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I'm 53 yrs old and trying again. I lost 60lbs with MFP ten years ago but I gained it back and 30lbs more. I'm so disgusted with where I let myself get. I'm entering my 3rd week of trying again. Unfortunately, I am also dealing with a knee injury that will require surgery in a couple of weeks. This means no working out for quite some time as I will be nonweightbearing for two months. This is the first time I've been motivated enough to keep with it in nearly a decade. I just don't want to lose my momentum again.