Eating Fruit

Options
124»

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    4Deepak wrote: »
    I quit eating fruit because of the negative publicity towards weight loss. Having said that, just picked up peaches from the store! Looked very tempting.
    Not diabetic. Just that most fruit has high calories.

What fruits are you eating? I eat fruit daily and typically a serving is around 50-60 calories, no more than 100. They keep you full, have tons of fiber, and natural sugar which is much better than processed/added sugars in other foods

I would agree. I had peach, cream cheese and walnuts for dessert today.

that sounds wonderful
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I do have to watch my total carbs because of T2Dm but I still make a place for some fruit. I can't eat as much as I would like to, but I always have some. I work it in and if it means not having a starch with my dinner, so be it.

On a blueberry kick right now because Aldi has them at 99¢ a pint. They are my favorite fruit of all time!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I failed to lose weight and found the solution in modifying my macros ration. When I started using myfitnesspal, I noticed that I was generally eating 50% carbs, 20% fat and 30%. When I started increasing my protein intake (aiming for 50% protein, 30% fat and 20% carbs) I started to lose weight quickly.

This article helped me to get this insight: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/macro-math-3-keys-to-dialing-in-your-macro-ratios.html

I love fruit but a lot of fruit is quite high in carbs, so I cut fruit out of my diet for the most part. If I eat fruit, I make sure I eat fruit that's low in carbs (e.g., strawberries, blueberries).

Good luck!
    I don't know what your calories are, but that is most likely an unnecessarily high amount of protein. Typically, you only need .8 to 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass to help maintain muscle mass. I will say, I think MFP's goals are a bit low in protein most of the time. For most people, 40/30/30 (c/p/f) is a good combo but if satiety is an issue, then dropping carbs and increasing fats will help.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Good for weight loss or not? Especially those that have high sugar content. Comments/Suggestions very welcome

Neither good nor bad. Fruit is just food.

All the is required to lose weight is a calorie deficit, and that can be accomplished with any food you like. :)
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    isulo_kura wrote: »
    Not diabetic. Just that most fruit has high calories.

Have you met strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, pineapple, watermelon ...............

I meet berries every day!
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    fruit is good for you, bananas are high in sugar so just eat them in moderation or before/after working out. there is a time and place for everything but for the most part fruit is great and should be eaten unless your dr tells you not to because of a health condition.

Everything should be eaten in moderation.
  • DylanThomas2
    DylanThomas2 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    my favorite post workout snack right now is a navel orange and some plain yogurt
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation is fine. As long as you eat a calorie deficit you will lose weight.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    vztkdn9ww82d.jpg
    ak0knjdbg0r0.jpg

my frozen fruit, its like candy for me.
    Every night i eat yummie frozen food
    And because i stay around my daily calorie allowance i lost almost 100 pound.