I knew I was losing weight when... (fun, motivating thread!)

Options

Replies

• Nanogg55
    Nanogg55 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I knew I was losing weight, when on my morning walk-I tuck my cell into my sport bra and this morning it slipped out the bottom! I grinned all the way home. :)
  • Coalbanger
    Coalbanger Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I knew I was loosing weight when I emptied out my closet with all of the clothes that were way too big. Eight trash bags. See you later. Never going back.
  • tesemarie
    tesemarie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    --When I could finally comfortably sit with my legs crossed.
    --When I started to see a bit of actual muscle definition in my legs and arms
    --I discovered my jawbone was actually under the chins that are now apparently gone... :)
    -- when I could wear a dress without "shape wear" underneath. My legs didn't rub for the first time in years.
    -- my favorite is when a friend sent me a picture of her family. I was in the background. She commented on how small I looked in the photo. It took me a minute to find myself. I was looking for a bigger girl. :). When I finally spotted myself I stared for a long time. I was shocked at how far I had come. That was a good day.
  • crazygooselady
    crazygooselady Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I knew I was losing weight when I no longer had visible panty lines.
  • RoadBike777
    RoadBike777 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I knew I was getting fitter when I could cycle up the big hill on my way to work, I don't even stop at the top anymore.
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    ...you can park up close to another car and slip outta your door and effortlessly glide between the space left between your wing and the mirror of the car you're parked next to.
  • Nazy_Ak
    Nazy_Ak Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have none to share but have really enjoyed reading these! So motivational :')
  • R1rainbows
    R1rainbows Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I can cross my legs SO much easier when I'm sitting down!

Putting on and taking off my bras is no longer a crazy acrobatic yoga routine.

I feel like a lazy bum on rest day

I started getting messages from other mfp users asking about what I've been doing on my elliptical and how it's worked for me :) (this one was a big deal because I never once thought in my entire life that anyone would ever ask ME for exercise advice!!)
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I knew I was losing weight wheeeeeeeeen:

- I had to get rid of every belt I owned. (Every. Single. One.)

- I could walk into Forever 21 and fit into anything there. (A first!)

- My bra band size when from a 38 to a 34.

- I looked at my back in the mirror and no longer saw any rolls of back fat. (Huge victory!)

- People I hadn't seen in a while told me I looked AMAZING. :P

- When I purged 85% of the clothes in my closet, since they were all 14's-16's, and I'm in a size 10 (almost 8), resulted in like 6 garbage bags of donation clothes!

- I compared my driver's license picture to my previous one, and discovered how much my jaw line had changed/appeared.

- I measured my body, and found that I had a 10 inch difference between my bust & waist, and waist & hips. I actually got a waistline, and I love it. :D

- I completely lost the feeling of being "the biggest person in the room", which I've had since I was a child.
  • kgmcgee
    kgmcgee Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I knew I was losing when I had to adjust my review mirror down. I guess my butt got smaller!
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    ...when I could wrap a towel fully around me, with no gap
    ...when I was comfortable enough to get regular massages (I would never get a massage when I was at my heaviest - undress and have someone massage all my rolls? I don't think so)
  • losingitinBC
    losingitinBC Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    im in the rather early stages of loss..and have only lost 17 pounds (started at 233) but I knew something was happening when I stopped feeling achy in my joints and got this boost of energy and could feel all my muscles under the fat.I started experiencing the lean, mean, fit me under the weight i had yet
    to lose.
  • schillewis
    schillewis Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    ...when I crossed my legs and I could feel a noticeable difference in how it felt. As in, it wasn't a struggle to keep them crossed!
    ...when all of the clothes from last summer, which had gotten too small, were suddenly just right and now too big.
    ...when I made a muscle in the mirror and could see a defined "cut" in my bicep.
    ...when my bras stopped being unbearably tight.

(this post makes me feel good about myself :)
  • mija029
    mija029 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I knew i was on the right track when my husband told me my thighs look tighter and my clothes felt lose. I know i'm on the right track since i feel the need to double up on my workouts.
  • 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Some of the moments:

when I climbed up on the roof to watch fireworks with my daughter

I can wear anything in my closet with more than half of it really being to big

I'm under 200 for the first time I years

I can fit into any booth at a Resturant
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I knew I was losing weight when I tried to carry too many groceries in at once and on the way up the stairs my pants hit the ground! :s
  • tomnev1
    tomnev1 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I knew I was losing weight when I started looking at my wife's boobs again....as I had lost my own man boobs.
  • julieellam
    julieellam Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I knew I was loosing weight when I didnt have to unbutton my pants to go the bathroom lol

This is what I saw. I'm on to a new set of work trousers and can feel them getting looser now too.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I knew I was losing weight when slowly my whole wardrobe was becoming unwearable. All my clothes were just falling or hanging off of me. Also when I was'nt flabbing/ jiggling all over the place/body as usual :P. My face did'nt look puffy anymore from all the fat :P it thinned out very nicely = ).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!