Community for CrossFitters, by Crossfitters & anyone interes

Options

Replies

• Corinne_Bruce
    Corinne_Bruce Posts: 206
    Options
    10 burpee pull-ups

Nice workout! This is probably the only version of burpees that I haven't had to do yet but I feel like it's coming!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Wed WOD
    10 burpee pull-ups
    20 box jumps (I use the 12in box due to confidence issues with falling on or off the box, hopefully one day these will go away :embarassed:)
    30 kettlebell swings, 1 pood
    40 push-ups modified
    50 broad jumps
    40 push-ups
    30 kb swings
    20 box jumps
    10 burpee pull-ups
    18:10

50 broad jumps? OY!!! As for the Box Jumps - mind over matter. look down at the box and up at the wall when you jump. Constantly staring down at your target will make you dizzy!

Todays WOD:
    7 rounds for TIME & WEIGHT
    35 double unders
    1 SNATCH (83lbs)
    (if you fail your snatch it doesn't count in your total weight.)

I did 6 rounds of the snatch at 83lbs, failed the first snatch

Total 498 lbs & TIME 10:20
  • Corinne_Bruce
    Options
    Today's WOD: 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
    Burpees
    KBS (35 lbs)
    Box jumps (24 inch)
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    So I'm so curious about crossfit. I'm naturally strong but not lifting strong. I was the shot put and discus champion in my area in high school and could out throw some college athletes but I could barely bench press 40lbs. Crazy huh. Well I'm looking to change all that and hopefully crossfit will do it. I like to be challenged and I hate defeat...it just makes me push harder so I'm thinking this would be a good match for me. I'm thinking about doing a free session next week just to get my feet wet.

Can anyone tell me what to expect and what should I bring with me?
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    Desirai - just bring yourself and your motivation to kick some serious *kitten*. Doesn't matter if you can't lift, you'll quickly learn your strengths and weaknesses and boy, do those handicaps improve fast! Trust me, first go you will be hooked.
  • Corinne_Bruce
    Options
    Desirai - just bring yourself and your motivation to kick some serious *kitten*. Doesn't matter if you can't lift, you'll quickly learn your strengths and weaknesses and boy, do those handicaps improve fast! Trust me, first go you will be hooked.

Agreed! Each workout I'm motivated to be better than the Corinne of yesterday. I compete only with myself and I strive to improve my time and my strength each day. Many people make the mistake of trying to keep up with people that they "think" they should be better, stronger, or faster than. Do not make that mistake, you have people of all different levels in crossfit, and your goals should be to improve your performance with each workout. It's great, competitive, and you get one on one help from trainers all the time and they are always watching to make sure you are lifting properly! At my gym we are 1 big happy family, I love it. I would stop by your local crossfit gym to watch a workout and talk to the owner, I promise you won't regret it! Good luck :smile:
  • Corinne_Bruce
    Options
    Today's WOD: 150 goblet squats
    Every other minute stop and do burpees for 1 minute until you have reached 150 squats.

Time: 16 mins
  • bobspdx
    bobspdx Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    This weekend I am taking a break from WODs. I am going to focus on beginning my half marathon training and a bedroom makeover - paint, new window coverings, and new bedding.
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    OOOO - love makeover weekend Robin!

Goblet squat?

WOD:
    21-15-9 Front Squat (Rx 95, I did 65), Pull Ups
    STRENGTH
    21-15-9 Push Press (65 Rx)
    Unbroken, no racking the weight
    5 minutes rest between each set as needed
  • sarahlauren2010
    Options
    goblet squat is when you squat holding a kettle bell up by your head with two hands
  • Corinne_Bruce
    Options
    goblet squat is when you squat holding a kettle bell up by your head with two hands

Well, the kettle bell (35lbs) sits right under your chin and you hold it with both your hands and squat. This version of the squat is what our gym uses when people (like me) don't have enough depth in our squats. In this version you are forced to go all the way down until both of your elbows touch the inside of your knees.
  • nutmeg0686
    nutmeg0686 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    The WOD today involved Donkey Kicks. It was my first time ever doing them, and I have added them to the list of the least enjoyable movements. Maybe it was just the combo of Donkey Kicks and Hand Release Pushups and the fact that the WOD reps increased rather than decreased that made it feel difficult...but for whatever reason...it was no fun! Glad to be finished, though!

3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21
    Kettlebell Deadlift Jumps (35lb Rx)
    Donkey Kicks
    Hand Release Push Ups
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    okay, learning more moves I've never heard of! Donkey kicks? KBDLJ??? I assume hand release push ups are like clapping push ups?
  • nutmeg0686
    nutmeg0686 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    okay, learning more moves I've never heard of! Donkey kicks? KBDLJ??? I assume hand release push ups are like clapping push ups?

Haha! I'd never heard of KBDLJ either...our trainers may have made it up by combining a few moves.
    Donkey Kicks: start in kind of a shortened push up position with your feet close to a wall and then jump/kick both of your legs up and out behind you so they land against the wall at a level above your hips and hold for a second before dropping. It really does look like a donkey kick!
    KBDLJ: Stand in a bottom deadlift position holding the handle of a KB. Deadlift the KB up like you would a bar and then do a slight jump (kind of like jumping air squats)
    Hand Release Push Ups: I thought these were pretty standard, but at the bottom of your push up, your body stays on the ground and the trainers have to see your hands leave the ground (not clapping). I guess this is just extra assurance that you are going all the way down. I actually use these as a modification for chest to deck push ups in WODs since I can't do many of those yet.

After doing this for a year, I was surprised to have a WOD with two movements I wasn't familiar with. Another great thing about CrossFit: You think you know almost everything, and then you don't! :)
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    Yesterday's WOD was 100 burpee pull ups. My hands are totally mangled.

Today is the Filthy Fifty... but it's my day off - and I'll be getting filthy digging a new garden...

Had trouble meeting my calories yesterday :huh: Ever have those days? It's weird because my fat% wasn't even high. I think it was because it was the first hot day here and I spent most of it outside by the pool with the kids. It was a struggle not cracking open a cold beer though!
  • Corinne_Bruce
    Options
    Yesterday's WOD was 100 burpee pull ups. My hands are totally mangled.

Today is the Filthy Fifty... but it's my day off - and I'll be getting filthy digging a new garden...

Had trouble meeting my calories yesterday :huh: Ever have those days? It's weird because my fat% wasn't even high. I think it was because it was the first hot day here and I spent most of it outside by the pool with the kids. It was a struggle not cracking open a cold beer though!

Wow, my hands have just recovered from the 100 pull ups we did in the Angie WOD last week! Great workout!!
  • sarahlauren2010
    Options
    Today's WOD
    5 rounds
    200m run
    30 deadlifts
    20 double unders
    10 kbs
  • sarahlauren2010
    Options
    I was wondering what everyone does when they are on vacation for working out?
  • bobspdx
    bobspdx Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Tuesday WOD:
    10 minute AMRAP
    3 Thrusters 65lbs
    3 chest to bar pull-ups
    6 Thrusters
    6 pull-ups
    9 Thrusters
    9 pull-ups
    ... multiplying by 3 as far as you can go in 10 minutes. add all reps.
    Total: 64 reps

After not Crossfitting for almost a whole week, I was feeling it yesterday. Plus I let myself slide off Primal/Paleo for a day and had some Pugliese bread. Oh, I love it. I don't really crave any other bread component besides Pugliese and French bread. It is kind of nice!
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    June 1st WOD:
    AMANDA - 9-7-5 Muscle Ups, Squat Snatch (Rx 95)
    Since I can't do either I did muscle up transitions & 55 pound squat snatch

Strength skill was sots press 3 x 20 with pvc & Hanging Power Snatch 3 x 3 (35-55-75)

As for Vacay - CF is so versatile that you don't always need a gym or equipment to workout. Last year I was doing a 3 rounds of 400 m run, 50 sit ups, 25 ring rows (or sub with push ups). There is also many sites that give you "Traveling" WOD's (just google). I just bought one of those fast wire skipping ropes from my affiliate - so I'll definitely pack that this year :glasses:

Robin - I have a loaf of rye bread in the house and it's killing me, taunting me, calling out my name... Oh, you are so yummy delish with butter and Havarti...:tongue: I'm hungry now.