I knew I was losing weight when... (fun, motivating thread!)

Replies

• tomnev1
    tomnev1 Posts: 184 Member
    Okay so this isn't the cleanest scenerio but I knew I was losing weight when I became "easier to throw around" during sex. The hubby said so. :wink:
    Nothing to be ashamed of, a sign of health in every sense! Good for you!
  • racheln2017
    racheln2017 Posts: 45 Member
    I knew I was losing weight when pants that never fit me finally fit!
  • ryokinai
    ryokinai Posts: 15 Member
    I knew I was losing weight when I bent down to take off my shoes and my ring nearly flew off my finger and rolled across the room, I knew it was loose but didn't realize it would fall right off.
  • ptbodacious
    ptbodacious Posts: 65 Member
    I remember a lot of these things. I lost 97 pounds and then had a major tragedy in my life, took my eye off the ball and gained 80 back. Think I'm ready to start down again and will use this thread for encouragement.
  • lthaus
    lthaus Posts: 26 Member
    I finally realized I was on the right track when I realized my paint sizes went from 42 to 40.. and I could slide them off without unbuttoning... Then after picking up some 38's again I can slide them off without undoing them.. Now. my original jeans are able to fall off if I don't put a belt on... .. Love reading theses...
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    I knew I was losing weight when my knees quit hurting.
    I knew I was losing weight when I started seeing muscle definition I NEVER had before.
    I knew I was really losing weight when I discovered I had wrist bones!
  • jlturner386
    jlturner386 Posts: 65 Member
    I knew I was loosing weight when I didnt have to unbutton my pants to go the bathroom lol

I haven't had to for a few months, I just don't want to buy new jeans, and belts make me feel dumb....
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    take two steps. pull up shorts. take two steps. pull up shorts. take...
  • fearnsey71
    fearnsey71 Posts: 65 Member

I knew I was loosing weight when I didnt have to unbutton my pants to go the bathroom lol

I haven't had to for a few months, I just don't want to buy new jeans, and belts make me feel dumb....

have you considered duck tape?
  • fearnsey71
    fearnsey71 Posts: 65 Member
    tomnev1 wrote: »
    I knew I was losing weight when I started looking at my wife's boobs again....as I had lost my own man boobs.

this made me laugh
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    urloved33 wrote: »
    take two steps. pull up shorts. take two steps. pull up shorts. take...

It's annoying, right? Even though at the same time it's amazing!

• melissaRmennone
    melissaRmennone Posts: 11 Member
    I knew I was losing weight when I could crossy legs.
    I knew I was losing weight when I could finally see my knee caps :)
    Love this thread.
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    When I mistook my daughter's shirts for one of my own and pulled it on. It actually fit, which would not have happened in the past.
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    When my niece who I had not seen for a while said, "Don't take this the wrong way, but have you lost weight?" ;-)
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    I knew I was losing weight when:

my jeans is baggy and would fall down if i dont use a belt.
    all my blouse is loose and looks baggy

i can wear my 'skinny' skirt that i bought at at the start of my journey

i can now wear size m and its still loose enough.. (i used to be size xl)

1st 3 months, people are commenting how im glowing. now, at 6 month, my mom is forcing me to buy new clothes for the family gathering because my old clothes is too big.

i feel weird while walking because my thigh doesn't collide much like before..
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    I knew it when I could no longer fit in anything in the plus size section! That was the BEST feeling!
    I knew it when I kept having to hold my pants up when I walked.
    I knew it when I saw older pictures of myself and couldn't believe that was ever me!
    Also, when I stopped being hot all the time and actually would start complaining about being cold.
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    I knew I had lost weight when I didn't recognize myself on the CCTV at my local quickie mart.
  • MamaHokie
    MamaHokie Posts: 36 Member
    I had to adjust the strap on my HRM because it kept sliding down.
  • orchidbutterflies
    orchidbutterflies Posts: 59 Member
    -When the size 26 jeans that I had to do lunges in to loosen them up after washing were too big.
    -When I could see the top of my thighs because my gut wasn't so much in the way anymore.
    -When the circumference of my hips/stomach wasn't the same amount of inches as my height.
    -When I could run up a flight of stairs and not keel over gasping for breath at the top.

& I'm only a little shy of being half way to goal. I can't imagine how much bigger that list will be when I get there...

The things we acclimate to when we are overweight; you really don't realize how much the little things change.
  • SharonR1972
    SharonR1972 Posts: 18 Member
    Okay so this isn't the cleanest scenerio but I knew I was losing weight when I became "easier to throw around" during sex. The hubby said so. :wink:

This is awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!