I knew I was losing weight when... (fun, motivating thread!)

Replies

• whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    ...when I could wrap a towel fully around me, with no gap
    ...when I was comfortable enough to get regular massages (I would never get a massage when I was at my heaviest - undress and have someone massage all my rolls? I don't think so)
  • losingitinBC
    losingitinBC Posts: 15 Member
    im in the rather early stages of loss..and have only lost 17 pounds (started at 233) but I knew something was happening when I stopped feeling achy in my joints and got this boost of energy and could feel all my muscles under the fat.I started experiencing the lean, mean, fit me under the weight i had yet
    to lose.
  • schillewis
    schillewis Posts: 144 Member
    ...when I crossed my legs and I could feel a noticeable difference in how it felt. As in, it wasn't a struggle to keep them crossed!
    ...when all of the clothes from last summer, which had gotten too small, were suddenly just right and now too big.
    ...when I made a muscle in the mirror and could see a defined "cut" in my bicep.
    ...when my bras stopped being unbearably tight.

(this post makes me feel good about myself :)
  • mija029
    mija029 Posts: 12 Member
    I knew i was on the right track when my husband told me my thighs look tighter and my clothes felt lose. I know i'm on the right track since i feel the need to double up on my workouts.
  • 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Some of the moments:

when I climbed up on the roof to watch fireworks with my daughter

I can wear anything in my closet with more than half of it really being to big

I'm under 200 for the first time I years

I can fit into any booth at a Resturant
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    I knew I was losing weight when I tried to carry too many groceries in at once and on the way up the stairs my pants hit the ground! :s
  • tomnev1
    tomnev1 Posts: 184 Member
    I knew I was losing weight when I started looking at my wife's boobs again....as I had lost my own man boobs.
  • julieellam
    julieellam Posts: 20 Member
    I knew I was loosing weight when I didnt have to unbutton my pants to go the bathroom lol

This is what I saw. I'm on to a new set of work trousers and can feel them getting looser now too.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    I knew I was losing weight when slowly my whole wardrobe was becoming unwearable. All my clothes were just falling or hanging off of me. Also when I was'nt flabbing/ jiggling all over the place/body as usual :P. My face did'nt look puffy anymore from all the fat :P it thinned out very nicely = ).
  • tomnev1
    tomnev1 Posts: 184 Member
    Okay so this isn't the cleanest scenerio but I knew I was losing weight when I became "easier to throw around" during sex. The hubby said so. :wink:
    Nothing to be ashamed of, a sign of health in every sense! Good for you!
  • racheln2017
    racheln2017 Posts: 45 Member
    I knew I was losing weight when pants that never fit me finally fit!
  • ryokinai
    ryokinai Posts: 15 Member
    I knew I was losing weight when I bent down to take off my shoes and my ring nearly flew off my finger and rolled across the room, I knew it was loose but didn't realize it would fall right off.
  • ptbodacious
    ptbodacious Posts: 65 Member
    I remember a lot of these things. I lost 97 pounds and then had a major tragedy in my life, took my eye off the ball and gained 80 back. Think I'm ready to start down again and will use this thread for encouragement.
  • lthaus
    lthaus Posts: 26 Member
    I finally realized I was on the right track when I realized my paint sizes went from 42 to 40.. and I could slide them off without unbuttoning... Then after picking up some 38's again I can slide them off without undoing them.. Now. my original jeans are able to fall off if I don't put a belt on... .. Love reading theses...
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    I knew I was losing weight when my knees quit hurting.
    I knew I was losing weight when I started seeing muscle definition I NEVER had before.
    I knew I was really losing weight when I discovered I had wrist bones!
  • jlturner386
    jlturner386 Posts: 65 Member
    I knew I was loosing weight when I didnt have to unbutton my pants to go the bathroom lol

I haven't had to for a few months, I just don't want to buy new jeans, and belts make me feel dumb....
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    take two steps. pull up shorts. take two steps. pull up shorts. take...
  • fearnsey71
    fearnsey71 Posts: 65 Member

I haven't had to for a few months, I just don't want to buy new jeans, and belts make me feel dumb....

have you considered duck tape?
  • fearnsey71
    fearnsey71 Posts: 65 Member
    tomnev1 wrote: »
    I knew I was losing weight when I started looking at my wife's boobs again....as I had lost my own man boobs.

this made me laugh
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    urloved33 wrote: »
    take two steps. pull up shorts. take two steps. pull up shorts. take...

It's annoying, right? Even though at the same time it's amazing!

• melissaRmennone
    melissaRmennone Posts: 11 Member
    I knew I was losing weight when I could crossy legs.
    I knew I was losing weight when I could finally see my knee caps :)
    Love this thread.
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    When I mistook my daughter's shirts for one of my own and pulled it on. It actually fit, which would not have happened in the past.
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    When my niece who I had not seen for a while said, "Don't take this the wrong way, but have you lost weight?" ;-)
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    I knew I was losing weight when:

my jeans is baggy and would fall down if i dont use a belt.
    all my blouse is loose and looks baggy

i can wear my 'skinny' skirt that i bought at at the start of my journey

i can now wear size m and its still loose enough.. (i used to be size xl)

1st 3 months, people are commenting how im glowing. now, at 6 month, my mom is forcing me to buy new clothes for the family gathering because my old clothes is too big.

i feel weird while walking because my thigh doesn't collide much like before..
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    I knew it when I could no longer fit in anything in the plus size section! That was the BEST feeling!
    I knew it when I kept having to hold my pants up when I walked.
    I knew it when I saw older pictures of myself and couldn't believe that was ever me!
    Also, when I stopped being hot all the time and actually would start complaining about being cold.
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    I knew I had lost weight when I didn't recognize myself on the CCTV at my local quickie mart.
  • MamaHokie
    MamaHokie Posts: 36 Member
    I had to adjust the strap on my HRM because it kept sliding down.
  • orchidbutterflies
    orchidbutterflies Posts: 59 Member
    -When the size 26 jeans that I had to do lunges in to loosen them up after washing were too big.
    -When I could see the top of my thighs because my gut wasn't so much in the way anymore.
    -When the circumference of my hips/stomach wasn't the same amount of inches as my height.
    -When I could run up a flight of stairs and not keel over gasping for breath at the top.

& I'm only a little shy of being half way to goal. I can't imagine how much bigger that list will be when I get there...

The things we acclimate to when we are overweight; you really don't realize how much the little things change.
  • SharonR1972
    SharonR1972 Posts: 18 Member
    Okay so this isn't the cleanest scenerio but I knew I was losing weight when I became "easier to throw around" during sex. The hubby said so. :wink:

This is awesome!
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    I knew I was getting into Shape when I started training like an athlete.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!