WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY2015

Options

Replies

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    My husband and 16 yr old at a Swing Dance held at the Maritime Museum :-)
    003_zpsqgqotszb.jpg
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    001_zpsbs7tq2j2.jpg
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hello lovely ladies. I hope you are having a fine Sunday. The temperatures have dropped significantly here, which is welcome after such a long stretch of heat. Unfortunately, we have still not had significant rain.

I am taking some time to download pictures for adding to photo albums. That project was on my to-do list for my staycation, but did not happen. I am exactly a year behind, which is not bad! Since the downloading takes a while, I can read through what you've all been up to ;) Once I have posted this, I intend to reconcile the credit card bill. That is always a job and a half. So, you may see me posting a couple of times today.

Lisa - wonderful pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Becca - Swing Dance! How cool.

Renny
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I posted but it went Poof!
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    @Lhannon062709 You live on simply the most beautiful place! Really enjoyed the pictures and explanation of where you live. :)

Cheri NE Ohio
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy sun,enjoyed gramma time with violet yesterday.Went to a party with her,good to get out of the house
    hugs jane
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    @Lisa - the pics are gorgeous, my husband would think he was in heaven for sure. Thanks for sharing.

@Margaret - Hugs and hang in there, they try to wear you down. We went through that for so many years with my (almost) 22 year old grandson. Harder on the parents of course. We love them so much, but truly the only way to help them now is tough love. (((Hugs)))

@Becca - loved the pics, thanks for sharing. I had saddle shoes as a young girl in grade school. Have five older sisters so of course I wanted to dress just like them. :)

I'm so pleased, I have reach well over 5000 steps and still have another 30 minutes of stationary bike riding and cooking dinner, doing dishes, etc. I may actually make it. Whoo Hooo.

Janetr7476
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,260 Member
    Options
    Margaret - ((((HUGS)))) :flowerforyou:

Annr - love the photos! How happy you all are. :flowerforyou:

Lisa - what a place to live! Those deer are awe inspiring! :love: And a great place to get on with writing.

Love Heather UK, who is about to go to bed early and read her book about early humans. :bigsmile:
  • kayak_kutie
    kayak_kutie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Becca - great pictures of your DH and son and your DH with you! Do you own the red classic car? If you do, my DH will be very jealous! :smile: We love going to look at classic cars and he says if he was younger and knew how to fix them, he would definitely get one.

Lisa - love the pictures of the animals on your ranch. How nice that you can see them on your walks.

Jane - glad you enjoyed your time with Violet and had a chance to get out of the house.

Margaret - keeping you and your family in prayer. Such a hard thing to do with those we love.

Aleta - Welcome!

Sylvia - Your walk sounds so beautiful. Congratulations on being able to climb up the 7 stories and how wonderful that your DH is joining you on getting fit.

We rode our bikes this morning and covered 9.11 miles. Getting ready for dinner and then will take 3 of the dogs out to a park so they can get some exercise and enjoy the cooler temps this evening.

Tina in MD
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,312 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Trying to get in as many steps as I can even if they aren't the full 10,000. Every little bit counts. We are at my sisters and I need motivation to keep up my fitness goals.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Hi again!

DH watching the Wimbledon final, so I did my writing. I've nearly finished the first draft of my early memoire. It's just a pile of scribbled pencil on paper, but it's something to work with. Where I wanted to hurry on with a particular story I just left a note to myself like, "grandfather background", etc. so there's still a lot to do while I'm sorting it all out. Then to type it. Nicely.
    Then what to do with it?
    At least I now have a title. It was you, Katla, who gave me the idea when you echoed my thoughts about these "nice" monsters. It's now called, A VERY NICE MAN - memoire of an abused daughter.
    Thank you. :flowerforyou:

Then I amused myself by looking at villas in France with large pools online. Can't go next year as we are spending a fortune on the Arctic cruise, but maybe 2017. I found a couple near airports you can fly to from Southampton. That makes things sooooo much easier. One has a gorgeous heated pool, so it wouldn't matter that much about the weather. Anyway, it kept me amused for a bit! ! ! ! ! ! A girl can dream. :laugh:

The house smells of a mixture of curry and sweet peas. Two of my favourite things! :drinker:

Love from the dreamer Heather in drizzly Hampshire UK

I am in awe of your courage. :heart: :kissing_heart:
  • italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Begin each day anew <3 having a great day from early this morning. Walked the neighborhood and got in my steps for they day. My Las Vegas trip showed me I can do more exercise then I thought with lots of energy left for daily responsibilities.

I've just finished washing floors, and making pasta and green salad to go with marinated grilled chicken for dinner. Time to shower and make a trip to costco (sign).

Going for a walk on the beach this evening with the family. More steps B)

Prayers to all

Rosie
  • janetr7476
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Trying to get in as many steps as I can even if they aren't the full 10,000. Every little bit counts. We are at my sisters and I need motivation to keep up my fitness goals.

You go!! You can do this. I'll be 66 in November and would like to lose at least 5 and as much as 15 more. I am setting 5# goals at a time. We CAN do this. Today is my first day of going for 10,000 steps. This morning I'm saying no way I can't do this, but I'm at almost 8,000 now so I'm GOING to do this. Let us know how it goes for you.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    Options
    italy10548 wrote: »
    Begin each day anew <3 having a great day from early this morning. Walked the neighborhood and got in my steps for they day. My Las Vegas trip showed me I can do more exercise then I thought with lots of energy left for daily responsibilities.

I've just finished washing floors, and making pasta and green salad to go with marinated grilled chicken for dinner. Time to shower and make a trip to costco (sign).

Going for a walk on the beach this evening with the family. More steps B)

Prayers to all

Rosie

Umm What time is dinner??? :)

Good for you, keep up the good work.

Janetr7476 OKC
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    Boy! I am glad I am inside working today. It is to be up to 100 outside. Yesterday we had our family picnic and it was not that bad. My mom was there and doing pretty good. I did real well with eating and got lots of steps in. Friday when I got off work I went over and sit with my friend Lee. She is having such a hard time adjusting with her DH gone. This morning she called and is going to come have lunch with me today.

Mary--Sorry to hear about the issues with the closing on your house. Pray it all works out soon.

Lesley--Sending prayers and hugs for you and DD. One Day at a Time.

Welcome Paula--come often and get to know us and us to know you. This is a great place for support and friendship.

Sylvia--You go girl!!! It is terrible what some people will post and not a thing we can do about it. DH's daugther put on FB a couple years ago her dad was in an abusive marriage and beaten regular. DH saw it and set the record straight. But anyone can post what they want. Like DH told me those who know you know the truth. The rest will believe whatever they want. Your walk this morning sounds like a nice way to start the day.

DeeDee--things at work are terrible. Each day I am surprised at how much stuff the new supervisor can mess up. She spends hours dinky around and in the end getting nothing done and she is upsetting most the staff. I just pray everyday to make it though and to keep my mouth shut. I did blow up on Wednesday as she was going to leave the newest girl a lone for a 12 hour shift. Not safe. I also count my lucky days I do not have to work with her so see her. Thanks for asking.

On the subject of fingerprinting chlldren. When my two oldest boys were in grade school I had them fingerprinted and the only copy was given to me. I still have them in our lock box. With all that happens now day I do think it is a good idea.

katiebug--Looks like you are losing a lot of skin, does it hurt? Foot is looking good.

Lisa--Beautiful and thank you so much for sharing.

I just really feel off today. Lee came and had lunch with me. Today is a good day for her and I am so glad. I am going to go with her to a Bible study class on Tuesday morning. I have the day off so will go and hope that if she feels comfortable she will be able to go. I just chewed DH out and know I was being somewhat mean. It just that I have been working so many hours and days and my days off I have to clean and do errands. His day off he takes off with several friends from our CMA group and ride motorcycles. This morning they went to church in Central City about 30 miles from here, then went riding. Not sure why it made me so mad today. So think when I get off in a little over an hour I am going to go home and just go to bed. I work 6-5:30 again tomorrow. Thanks for letting me whine. Love you ladies.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • janetr7476
    Options
    @Vicki - We all have to do that once in a while. You need to take care of yourself too. I think sometimes our DH's don't stop to think of how much we come home and do and besides our "job". I'm retired now and don't have this, but still with both of us home all the time now, I definitely put in more time with chores, cooking, dishes, laundry etc. BUT I wouldn't trade any of it for the several hours of yard work he does every week or two out in the heat.

Hang in there, be good to yourself!!

Janetr OKC
  • tuliplor
    tuliplor Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Thanks for all your ideas and encouragement!! I get new ideas and strength from each one of you. When I start to get a little cranky about dieting, I log on and start reading!! AND.....it HELPS!! You all take the time to give a little idea or word of wisdom!! Seriously, THANK YOU!!!
    The rain has been very depressing! We haven't been able to do a lot of outside activity.
    Tomorrow my mom and I are going to Philadelphia to see our cousin for 3 nights. It will take all day to get there. We are going up on Amtrak...which I have never traveled that way before. We usually fly or drive. So, it will be a new experience. I told my mom I wanted to go to the grocery store when we get there. I don't want to be rude, but I have to have some healthy snacks and a few things to eat. Since I just started, I don't want to just blow it!! I was thinking...some Laughing cow cheese, nuts, maybe some grapes. I have been eating very low carb. Do you all have any ideas? I don't want to go all out, but since I know I won't be sticking to it seriously I want to have some good food to eat. Help me think of some easy travel food please!! :smile:
  • RebelRenny
    edited July 2015
    Options
    ☼I told you I was coming back today!!!

☼So...it's been awesome to look back over the previous year of pictures to download for a photo album. It shows how much can happen in a year. My DD and DSIL had their 2nd babyboy, my mom nearly died, our 2nd son (we have 4 adult children) came home for a visit, my mom died, I flew overseas for the funeral and cleanup of her flat, my DH had his 65th, I felt I was in a freefall for a while, there were cute grandbaby and grandtoddler moments and missing other grandchildren moments, there were birthdays and other days...you know, all the stuff that makes life a life...the expected and the unexpected.

<3 Love to all
    Renny
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Now, as I remember - the police did give me the only copy of the fingerprints. Glad I never had to use them. But, good to know I have them - even though both sons are grown with families of their own.
  • RebelRenny
    Options
    tuliplor wrote: »
    So, it will be a new experience. I told my mom I wanted to go to the grocery store when we get there. I don't want to be rude, but I have to have some healthy snacks and a few things to eat. Since I just started, I don't want to just blow it!! I was thinking...some Laughing cow cheese, nuts, maybe some grapes. I have been eating very low carb. Do you all have any ideas? I don't want to go all out, but since I know I won't be sticking to it seriously I want to have some good food to eat. Help me think of some easy travel food please!! :smile:

I do find it difficult when travelling, but it can be done. Grocery store is good because you have control over what you buy. I eat low carb: protein and veggies, with some fruit. When eating out, you can ask to hold the bread/potatoes/rice, etc.

All the best.
    Renny