20 pounds by Easter challenge

Replies

• tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Becky you pop in while I was posting . so good morning to you.
    Your lot sounds really nice. Do you have wild animals around you. My daughter does My son in law set up a camera and got some pictures of some critters at night. quite interesting to see what roam you land at night. I would not want to go out at night there. Mostly wild dogs.
    I am doing pretty good on my plan. My #1 enemy is nuts I love Pecans and cashew and can't keep my cotton picking hands out of the till they are all gone.. maybe I better quilt buying them..
    Make this a greater day than the one before

Marie

Marie, At least the nuts are good for you. :-) They are so yummy and also help lower your cholesterol. We have lots of opossum, raccoon, skunk, deer, fox, ground hogs, bald Eagle, Osprey, and lovely water birds being between the Chesapeake Bay and the Atlantic Ocean. Wild dogs would make me nervous, too!

Enjoy your day out with Alice!

Becky

• tenpets
    Here is a picture of our old tiny pond, the new huge pond, and one of our vegetable gardens.
    7u0ci8zo6jp1.jpg

xy2hrtx6ef6t.jpg

ih1dszykxyha.jpg

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Becky they may be good for s but they really pop those lbs. on.

Marie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    good morning ladies,

It sounds like everyone had a good weekend.

connie, good luck with the lot. that is so very exciting!! I hope you find something great!

becky, hard to stick to plan 100% on the weekends. it screws me up to miss a snack also. I am not a huge bar person but the macros on the quest bars are really good and they are pretty clean. for me, the trick is to never get too hungry!

marie, I really like nuts also but almonds are my nuts of choice and I have a hard time with the jar of peanut butter:)

ester, we get a lot of deer around my house also!! what is in raspberry moonshine?

just finished my oatmeal and egg whites off to the gym!

have a great day everyone! still in the 140's, barely after the weekend! will weigh in tomorrow

stephanie
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Steph.....and anyone else who is curious. Raspberry moonshine is raspberries, sugar, yeast, water. Let it sit a few weeks and run it through a still. Not much to it. The hardest part is the patience while it is cooking. It can't be cooked too hot so it takes a while

Esther
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Good Afternoon Misfits,
    Sounds like a busy group today going here and there and doing this and that!!!
    We are taking a lunch break from installing the porch windows. It is soooo hot!!!
    We have three in with two to go and the door. Not looking forward to the door,
    looks like a lot of things to get right!!!
    Marie, Hope you get a good report from your eye doctor.
    Connie, Good luck on finding your lot. That is exciting and watching your house
    being built is fun.
    Stay cool everyone.
    Nancy
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Good afternoon ladies, I just had a long post, I lost when I was going to post a picture with it. I hate when that happens, its getting ready to storm here and I was hurrying up, in case my power went out.

Becky-I like the new pond alot and the set up you have and the garden too. Our tomatoes are starting to get red, we havent had one to eat yet, they are not ripe yet. Its nice having family over, I am sure the kids had fun with the new pond.

My daughter and I went over to my sons, this Saturday for his 33rd birthday. We also went shopping alittle, she broke up with her finance earlier this week, so I asked her to come over and hang out Saturday night, I didnt want her to be alone this weekend,even though she was glad about the break up and me too, her son was at his Dads. She spent the night we had a good time.

Connie-Good luck on your lot looking, that is fun trying to imagine living in different areas. Its hard to believeits been almost 20yrs in November, we moved in the house we built. I wish I woulded added a nice big jaccuzi type tub. But at the time my kids were still young so the tub wasnt a big priority. I was very involved in all the decision making and did get everything I wanted at the time. But now its just my husband and I here and it would definitely be a different house now bigger kitchen, bigger master bedroom, bigger great room, I guess bigger and a nice tub, we have a fireplace already.

Marie-You would love my field, it has rabbits, all sizes , even baby ones, we watch while we're in our pool, also an occassional deer, not as much as years ago. We also get geese, I have a picture I will post later, a couple a months ago there was several, not the norm, that were all in the field, so I took a picture.
    Well I need to go, have a good day everyone Janice
  • janiceclark08
    a7jfin8rcv6x.jpg
    kraoryj4exfx.jpg
    munaep484a2p.jpg
    m34xsob8r6fk.jpg
    yxtfens72pp7.jpg
    Here our some pictures for you Marie, my tomatoe plants, pretty sunset, my dog Angel and the geese I was talking about. Janice
  • CALIECAT
    Well first off just got back from the eye doctor and all is perfect even seeing a little better this time That's was great news Pressure in my eyes perfect don't go back for 6 months

I really did good on my lunch today. had a Vegie plate..... plain baked potato, black beans , green beans,. and steam broccoli , Ice tea/ I use some of the black beans as a topping for my baked potato. Life is good.
    Then came home and all these lovely Photo to feast my eyes on Like I said life is good.

Janice your tomatoes plants look good I thought I seen a glimse of Red among t he pretty green leaves. I had an a Dogie when I first started posting on MFP Name Angel and she was. love your sunset too.

Becky Hey you got some big fish there. Really nice pool you have there. Jerry used to have a pool outside with fish. Nice garden too. How is it going using Hay. Will you do it again next year. We did not plant anything this year. I am unable to fool with it any more but might try the hay out next year If you are plies with it. Keep us informed Love love your sitting outside Patio.

Thanks Nancy yes my report was just dandy I am really having to struggle to remember to take my eye drops. But guess I have been doing just fine.

I feel so bless to have you all for friends Bless you all.

Marie
  • tenpets
    Janice, your property is gorgeous. Don't you love the countryside? I really love it. Your Angel looks very huggable! I love our furbabies. Glad you also got to spend time with family. Your tomato garden is really unique how you have it. I assume it faces a southern exposure? I have had lots of red tomatoes for weeks now because I only buy two plants and I buy the ones that already have small green tomatoes on them. That way I get tomatoes for a much longer period.

Marie, yes we are enjoying having the straw bales around the raised garden. As you can see, all the potatoes in them are growing like crazy (sweet and white). When we harvest in the fall, we will simply knock them over and pick up the potatoes and then put an new bale in place. Easy peasy. We're hoping for great potatoes. Joseph will love helping to gather them. He really enjoyed picking beets on Saturday for his mommy and Aunt Jen.

My workout today was amazing! It was legs and when I did the leg press (for the first time so far), he had me doing 90 lb for the first set. That was easy, so the next set was 165 lb. The third set was 175 lb! It felt great! I surprised the trainer with my baseline strength. I told him I've not been officially exercising, but I have been squatting to move six TON of stone for the pond. LOL

Hope everyone has a restful night tonight. So glad to have all of you as we move toward a healthier lifestyle together cheering each other on. <3

Becky
  • CALIECAT
    Becky you cannot plant any tomatoes in a bale of hay. And which is the sweet potatoes an which is white
    Marie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    3dehoawl1mu7.jpg

Here is a pic of Isaac at grandpa & grandma's ,a sleepover.

Shirley

• eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Ha ha Becky - you are practically pushing my ideal body weight with your legs!! That's pretty impressive!!

Marie help jog your memory - I'm faye ;-) you got my location spot on

Singapore is very hot today - buts it's the same all the time here so I am pretty use to it now. Luckily every time you step inside anywhere the aircon is on! Singapore is the only place you need to wear a coat indoors and take it off to go outside ;-)

Have a good day everyone

Faye
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    You guys have been soooo busy today!

Marie.. Glad you had a great lunch with Alice and glad you're seeing better!
    Becky.. Love your yard and pond! Don't you love the leg press? I do..was sooo proud when I could do 100 lbs!
    Janice.. Love your pics and your fur baby!
    Shirley..your grandbaby has grown so much!
    Nancy.. Don't know how you do it in the heat!
    Esther, Steph, Faye.. Good to see you guys!

I'm up waaaayyy past my bed time. We looked at a model of a house we like and decided our furniture will not fit in the family room because there is only one wall and the fireplace is on it. The kitchen looks out into that room. We are looking at another floor plan that is very similar to our current house, but has enough new elements to make it different. So, we'll sleep on it for now.

Check with y'all tomorrow.
    Connie
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    You all have been super busy! And I love, love, love all the pictures!

Becky, your new pond and yard setup is so beautiful! And I need one of those swings for my back yard! :D

Janice, that's a good idea putting your tomato plants on the side like that. Does it not cause extra moisture around your foundation? We're going to have power line poles in our backyard, and I'm thinking we should plant tomato plants around those. Worst case scenario the electric company has us dig them up.
    I'm glad you got to spend time with your daughter, and I'm glad she moved on from her fiance. I know how worried you were when they got engaged.

Connie, you're making fast progress on your house! I'm super excited for you. :)

Esther, I want some of your flavored moonshines! Also the deer story is so cool.
    We have a ton of rabbits at our apartment complex. It's nice to have some somewhat "wild" animals in the city, haha. I'm curios to find out if we'll have any animals at our house(besides all the kitties).

My sweet kittens are piled in my lap, napping and purring, though one won't stop trying to get at my keyboard. And now he just sat on his brother's face and woke him up. And now back to sleep. Haha. They're so cute.

Marie, I'm glad your eyes have improved! I need to make appointments for our eyes, I think my glasses are a little out of prescription already. I'm assuming my eyes have not improved. I never realized how bad my vision really was until I started wearing my reading glasses all the time. I'm farsighted.

At this point we're just waiting for the bank to send their appraiser out to the house. The payment finally cleared(the bank flagged it the first time as fraud) today, so hopefully they get on it soon. Whatever value it comes back as, I just hope the sellers agree to it and we get the house. I want to get this finalized soon!

I know I've missed commenting on someone, I was behind a couple of days. I was able to read everybody's posts though. It was nice reading about everyone's busy weekend. :)

-Rachel
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Becky can you plant tomatoes in a bale of hay?
    Marie
  • janiceclark08
    Marie-So glad your eyes are better, I know you were having alittle trouble before. I am glad you liked my pictures. I need some cute bunny pictures. You have done so good with your food plan and staying vegan. We are getting some red ones, I cant wait to o eat one, maybe tommorrow, I have one on the table that is ready now. My Angel is so pretty , she is 11 yrs old. I need to post one of Cody, he is 7 1/2 and a lover.

Becky-The tomatoes get lots of sunlight there, its more out of neccessity, if they were in the field the rabbits and deer would eat them, we make salsa with our tomatoes too, we have another area of tomatoes at the back of deck, they dont get as much sunlight, but they are growing. We started in early May with small plants, but thats a good idea to buy plants with small tomatoes on them, just dont know who would have those. I love my fur babies too, they have brought so much joy to me and my husband, since kids are grown.

Shirley-Isaac is sooo cute, he is really growing, I know you are loving having a sleepover with him.

Connie-I hope you find the floor plan and area you love, dont settle.

Rachel-Remember Shepherdsville is already really wet, not worried about it, we have planted there several times and no added problems. I am glad Sarah and I spent time together, she works over 50hrs a week and has shared custody of Mason, thats the new way, no child support involved. I am surprised you remember I wasnt thrilled about engagement, I did give him a chance and he was nice to us, just not wanting to work or be responsible, he would rather fish. You need to post a pic of your kit to ies and your new house soon.

Nancy-You are such a hard worker, putting in windows and doors with your husband, I cant wait to see the finished product of your porch. By the way, how is your son and hand doing? I hope he healed up good.

Gotfa go Janice

• janiceclark08
    hb6fjjtd5y8i.jpg
    gkhe9wd62vad.jpg
    ztwyfxcwhwcj.jpg
    1jytusj8wzc1.jpg
    Here are some more pictures, that is my other dog Cody. I seen the snow pic, and thought it might make us cooler.lol
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Hi gang. Just have to vent........ I got a phone call from my teenage daughters best friend tonight. She was in tears and I couldn't understand what she was saying. She ended up coming over at 10:45 pm. Her sister tried to commit suicide by overdosing on over the counter meds. We are having the friend stay with us while her mom is in the ICU with her sister. I so badly want to go to my kitchen........... It is taking everything I have in me to not go pig out right now. I will be better I the morning if I can get to sleep....... So I shall try to do that. See you all tomorrow.

Esther
  • tenpets
    Esther, I am so sorry to hear the news about the young lady! Prayers for a full recovery and that she gets the mental health help to get her out of the depression!