20 pounds by Easter challenge

Replies

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Nancy-Your porch and yard look very nice, that is going to be a great place to hang out and do whatever. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited July 2015
    Janice..the landscaping is lovely in the area. Lots of woods, hiking trails, and the builder in the area we are looking in has a lot of rules to follow in the community he builds. This new community is within a very large golf course community. We have a lot of rules and regulations as the homeowners as well. We have access to the amenities, but that comes at a price. We don't golf, so as of now, we are not planning on joining the club if we decide to build there. The actual home does have a lot of gorgeous crown molding and wainscoting; and built in bookshelves are an option. I also want ceramic tile showers rather than tubs in all baths except the master (they call it owner's suite now), hardwood everywhere except guest bedrooms and upstairs bonus room, and the screened porch. Those are priorities. Oh..and comfort height toilets :)

Nancy..your porch is so nice! I know it was hard work! That is the one thing I am planning on having..a screened porch and deck! The plan comes with that or a sunroom and deck.

Esther..will the young lady go to counseling to help with the depression?

Faye..absolutely breathtaking view!

My eating for the last few days has been off because of eating out. We are so tired when we get finished looking, that we've been doing take-out. Nevertheless, the scale remains steady.

Connie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    ndiveeyl7qao.jpg

It is lavender season here
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Sounds like you are getting pretty serious now about The lot and house. Connie.

Nancy does your porch looks out toward the lake?

Janice wow just looks at those homegrown tomatoes.Now that would call for a BLT.

Esther lad everything is looking better for your daughter friend. Scary what kids will come up with.

There's Shirley . I forgot where I read it but that trip with your daughter sounds excited. How long will it last?

See you guys tomorrow

Marie

• rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Janice, I love the big hill in your snowy picture! Your dogs look so happy and healthy. :) And your daughter works too long and hard to have to be the only one in the relationship doing it.

Becky, you've taken great care of those swings!

Esther, I'm glad things turned out the way they did for your "other daughter". I hope she will get all the therapy she needs, I know what it's like to be in a dark place. Therapy would have helped a lot.
    And being naughty with the food once is in no way going to get you off track, you're doing fantastic!

Nancy, you're porch is beautiful! Come build me one, please!! :wink:

Connie, your future house sounds like it's going to be gorgeous. I can't wait to see pictures after it's built. :)

Barbie, I love the lavender!

Thank you everyone for the well wishes on our house! We haven't heard back from the bank yet regarding the appraisal, I hope they hurry it along because I'd like to know it's really ours.

I love all the pictures!
  • rayw89
    nq98eeifixg2.jpg
    c16i84deeujz.jpg
    Our tomatoes and potatoes are growing nicely. :)
  • rayw89
    h8dn9cdjtnwh.jpg
    4lfjn9llo6af.jpg
    Baby Frodo.
  • rayw89
    yron1tqnm9vi.jpg
    v2jnbxa1eall.jpg
    Baby Susu.
  • rayw89
    dm50woyeeoen.jpg
    Our little house. :) (hopefully)
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Hi guys. "My other daughter" was released today and has mandatory counseling tomorrow. Her mom is taking off the rest of the week to help her feel better. My hubby and I both went to visit her today before she went home. She told me she had no idea how many people cared or how much they cared about her. She apologized to us for scaring us like this. So now she is at home with her mom and sister and big brother. I will check up on her tomorrow.

Esther
  • janiceclark08
    Connie Sounds like your on it with the amenities, what about fluted jambs, tray ceilings, patio doors with blinds built in, shell cathedral ceilings, gas fireplace, deep sinks in kitchen, just trying to help. The lot and house sounds great, maybe you all can try golfing, its good exercise. I like putt putt golf, put havent done it in awhile.

Marie-I am ready for bacon and tomato, maybe lunch tommorow. I was looking up tomato salads, there were several some with corn, loving the vegetables right now. I made a big salad yesterday with green and red peppers, grapes, jalapenos, pico de gio, green onion, bacon bits, grated baby carrots, and very little shredded cheese, it was so good. I had some today with grilled chicken breast, it was really good. I have been eating kraft thousand island lite for a change, normally its lite ranch, its been really good for a change.

Rachel-Your kitties are so cute and I love the long haired ones, your house looks very nice, too. I love when the weather changes, the hil like s are always so beautiful behind us. I agree my daughter does work to hard and deserves better. I think she finally realizes it. I just talked to her and she is back on mfp and had a great night with Mason reading. Your tomatoes look ripe , we couldnt find any cherry or grape tomatoes when we planted ours, I love the little ones.

Barbie-Your lavender is beautiful, I have never seen a plant like that.

Gotta go its getting late. Janice

• janiceclark08
    Esther I am glad your other daughter is doing better and knows everyone does care, hopefully she gets the counseling she needs to get over wanting to die. I know with so many people showing they care will help her. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Good morning, misfit losers! Happy Wednesday!

B) Ray..your house is lovely and that's the kind of "space" we really wanted. Although the yard is more than my husband needs to manage, his riding mower would be put to good use! Also, there is more than enough driveway to accommodate 2 cars and a truck!

B) Barbie..the lavender is beautiful!

B) Janice..gas fireplace, trey ceiling in master, high ceilings in foyer, and family room, deep sink=yes. No patio doors cause the screen porch leads out to deck. Help is always appreciated!

B) Maire..we are serious, but if the plan that I want cannot be done, then that community is not for us. We are not in any rush.

B) It's gym day for me...personal training and power walk.
    I'll check back later.

Make it a great day!
    Connie
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    I agree with all the posts since I checked in yesterday! So many and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures!

Esther, so glad to hear your report on your "other daughter." Sometimes it takes us hitting rock bottom to really ask for the help we need. I, too, have been there and I came out the other side all the stronger for having gone through it.

Ray, your kittens are adorable!!! I think you said you were fostering in the beginning, have you decided to keep them. Love the names. And I really like your house and property! The tomatoes and potatoes are doing very well on your patio!

Connie, isn't it such a blessing to be able to actually build your dream home?! With all the renovations we have done to our house and yard over the past 25 years, we pretty much have built our dream home in the process! :) I'll post pictures after the guy comes out to professionally power wash it. I adore my kitchen since we completed the renovation last fall!!

Barbie, beautiful lavender! I had that in my herb gardens in the past, but never knew what to do with it. I moved it to the bomb shelter hill and it froze in the hard winter we had that year. :/

Well, I went to bed very early last night because I needed to get up at 4:30 today. Plus, I was really sleepy by 7:15! I'm a person who really needs my 8 hours to feel truly rested. My husband was mowing and it lulled me to sleep. o:)

I have personal training today and I'm super excited to see what they have in store for me. I'm still really enjoying my new meal plan. It's all delicious and I don't feel hungry or like I'm dieting in any way! Win-Win!

Have a great day, misfits.

Becky (in muggy and hot Maryland!)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    :) Becky, there are lavender farmers here who make lotions, shampoo, spices, sachets, and many other things out of lavender. We just enjoy how beautiful it looks in our yard and cut it sometimes to put in vases for a nice smell in the house.
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    hi there,

lots going on this morning!!

Rachel, love those kittys and I am not a cat person. they are adorable and house looks great!

marie, would love the avocado sauce recipe for my zoodles, I just had them the other night

connie, very exciting about the house!! sounds beautiful

Barbie, I love lavender, so calming and soothing

ester, so glad things sound like they have improved dramatically!!

becky, glad you still are loving the plan! the key for me is to switch up every couple of weeks. I get so habitual!

Janice, nancy, faye and Shirley, have a great day!!

went to eye doc yesterday, still 20/20. yay!! did say to pick up a pair of readers at walgreens. off to the gynecologist now, I am going to be one well tuned machine:)

happy wednesday,
    stephanie
  • CALIECAT
    barbiecat wrote: »
    ndiveeyl7qao.jpg

It is lavender season here

Beautiful Barbie. that's what you were doing with all of those rocks . NICE I GUESS IT IS TIME FOR YOU TO GO GET YOUR ANNUAL Lavender icecream>. I never had any.
    marie

• CALIECAT
    I read and seen all the pictures. And will be back to talk about them after I go see some of the other forum I am on.

marie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    I lost my post twice now, I keep hitting the wrong key on my tablet.

Marie - Have you gotten the kitty yet? Looking to see some pictures.

Connie - Your land sounds amazing to build on and so exciting for you and your hubby.

Barbie - Love the lavender, I also have bush and have been picking them to bring
    into the house. Love the smell!

Esther - I am glad your friend's daughter is getting help. Taking one's life is very serious.

Becky - I am same as you, I need my 8 hours or I am not worth anything.

Rachel - Your house is lovely, perfect for you and your husband. It looks so nice and neat too.

Janice - No tomatoes for us yet, but our plants are nice and big due to lots of rain.

Nancy - Hi there.

Today was Yoga this morning, and now going to the bank to finalize our pension plan since
    my hubby is retired now. I am thinking of leaving Thursday night to stay with my daughter
    before going to the retreat. I just emailed her and waiting for a reply.

Well have to get dressed for the bank. Have a great day!

Shirley
  • Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    edited July 2015
    I love lavender, so beautiful Barbie! France is full of lavender, all the pictures I've seen of Lavender seem to be fields from there. Is it very fragrant in the yard?

Connie, all those house decisions, I hope you're really pleased with your final choices.

Esther, gratefully the teenager is able to get a second chance, it's such a struggle sometimes. You're a good friend.

Ray, that hopeful house and the adorable kitties, makes me smile for you. It's such a joy to see.

Janice, You're doing so well with the food choices, that salad sounds delicious. BLT... yes please!!

Stephanie, Still no glasses? Grats! I've had them since 8 and can't wear contacts. They tried to make me trifocals last time. I declined. I don't think so. I'm hoping to get some old fashioned frames when I get my face smaller, sometime around 150 ( that's another 50 pounds away though) my face is too round still for the frames I want.

Becky, it seems like that program is really working out for you. I am really glad. It's always surprising how much we limit our food when sometimes we really need to eat more to lose more. I struggle with it myself. Having a trainer is going on my must do list, once I get a bit lower on my own.

Marie, Today Walmart is price matching Amazon, since Amazon is having a "PrimeDay" sale, you might get some really rock bottom prices. Such competition in retailers today, although I've been disappointed with the Amazon items for sale, nothing I want is on their list.

Oh, misfits, I'm really really trying. I saw 200.8 this morning. Very soon I will break the taboo 200. It's been 25 years since I was under 200. Hopefully doing that will unshackle my mental blocks. My mind has been adamant that I can't break 200, so once I do I will need to push, push, push and get myself to 180. I won't be done then, but I will finally believe it is possible to get to goal.

Eninad