You Know When You're in the MFP "Zone" When...

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    When you go on vacations and stress out because you have to eat out for 10 days and you have no idea what the nutrition info is.
    When the thought 'if only there was nutrition info available, it would be easier to choose' has crossed your mind at said restaurants.
    When you always set dishes on the scale in the kitchen, even if it's to make your kids something.
    When you leave ridiculously small amounts of ice cream/meat/cheese in the package because it won't fit your calories.

Totally agree with 'DON'T YOU DARE TAKE SOMETHING OFF MY PLATE'/
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    When you keep a kitchen scale in your kitchen AND another one on your desk at work.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    When you decide to take a rest day so you only walk 10,000 steps
    This

I was always really stingy with sharing food though. :p
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »
    When you keep a kitchen scale in your kitchen AND another one on your desk at work.

I work in multiple different healthcare facilities and have actually considered finding a decent portable one I can inconspicuously travel with since I can't just leave it on my desk! Otherwise I'd have to buy 4.
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    You have an IDGAF non-logging day and you're still weighing stuff :huh:

Or you go back the next day and log everything you can remember...
  • wrrly
    wrrly Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Dariasen wrote: »
    You have an internal temper tantrum when dinner plans change because you prelogged.

YES! This!

One time husband and I had planned on dinner at this one local restaurant. I had gone online, looked at their menu, picked out what I wanted. Get to the place, it was closed for the evening due to private party. Grr.
  • TuffChixRule
    TuffChixRule Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    When you've decided what you are going to eat at the restaurant by using their website menu, only to find they no longer have the dish available, and every other non-fried or healthier option is made with ingredients that you are allergic to. Grrr!
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    When you leave a measuring cup out for liquids (like milk for your cereal) for your housemates...and they just pour it in the bowl like "normal" people!

Yes, this is definitely me '-'
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Anybody ever done this one? My old pedometer is out of commission / don't have a fitbit, so on day 1 of walking I took the car on that exact route to get my mileage... I began to go a bit further and I counted each step in my head! (hey 100 steps is 100 steps!) Now I'm mainly just timing it & not worried about distance. Kinda feel like I'm from the dark ages without all the awesome tools available, but it's still science! LOL

I have been there. Just ignored the stares I got.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    umayster wrote: »
    I assess the macro content of other people's grocery checkout line contents.

:slinking off:

HAHAHAH I do this all the time too!!!
  • cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Soopatt wrote: »
    (this one is awkward, so if you are a prude look away now)

You wonder at the caloric implications of err.. certain bedroom activities...

I *may* have had this thought before. hehe ;)

• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options

Indeed. Additionally, forgetting to wear your Fitbit seems like a tragedy of epic proportions.

I get all twitchy when I forget mine! All those steps not accounted for.

• helenbenzie75
    helenbenzie75 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    cld111 wrote: »

When you put a few pieces of rice back so that you can get exactly 100 grams.

When you decide to have a little binge at night and not worry about logging it, but then log it the next day anyway so that it doesn't mess up your numbers.

Yep!!! I love this thread, I'm like yep, yep, yep, yep, yep, yep, yep ,yep lol

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »
    When you weigh yourself before and after pooping and you weigh more...

....after

^ :)