Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    While we're on the topic of pronunciation... ENvelope or ONvelope? (I say "en")

I say ON-velope haha
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    Ok, other than that, my confession is that I have always wanted to look like Chun-Li from streetfighter. Those gams! Bam!

I totally did too as a kid! I have pretty generous calves naturally (good thing I live in FL cos boot shopping would be a nightmare), and she's pretty much the only role model who did too.

Them boobies ain't gonna happen for me tho
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Confession: I drink a fair amount of Crystal Light and I never, ever log it. I treat it like a diet soda, even though it does have some calories.

Meh - I wouldn't log it either.

Oh - that's another good word for the pronunciation question: EYE-ther or EE-ther?

ETA - I actually use both, but more often "EE-ther". If it starts the sentence, I think I'll say "EYE-ther" like "EYE-ther one of those is fine." But if it's at the end of a sentence, I say "EE-ther." I'm a weirdo!

No you're not I do the EXACT same thing!! I'll say me EE-ther when agreeing with someone or if someone asks me if I want this or that- I say EYE-ther!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Confession: I drink a fair amount of Crystal Light and I never, ever log it. I treat it like a diet soda, even though it does have some calories.

Oh - that's another good word for the pronunciation question: EYE-ther or EE-ther?
    Eether!
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Okay, as another word comparison, how do you say batteries?

Bat-trees or (the correct way lol) batter-ees ?

DEFINITELY batter-ees!!! Bat-trees is just weird.

It is! I have an uncle that says it that way and it really bothers me. Now I think he does it just to bug the rest of us.

This reminds me that my husband will mispronounce things on purpose just to annoy me. He says stuff like 'antibeeotic' or 'vittamins'. I ignored it for years and when I snapped he was like "Finally!". He's a big jerk, btw.
    My boyfriend does the same thing. Then again, I like to frustrate him, too. The other day I was arguing quite seriously that the spinal chord is a big muscle and bones don't grow in our backs ("That's why some people are paralyzed when they damage their spines! If it were a bone the doctor would be able to set it back and it would fix itself... duh!"). My motive was to annoy him. Kind of makes me sound a little bit evil, doesn't it?

That made me laugh out loud. Did he start to believe you at all?
    "Dude, what are you talking about?! Are you serious? The spine is a bunch of bones! You SERIOUSLY think it's a big muscle?!" I think he did :lol: I've believed him many times during one of his trolling sessions... and I get pretty annoyed. Can't believe I keep falling for it!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options

It is! I have an uncle that says it that way and it really bothers me. Now I think he does it just to bug the rest of us.

This reminds me that my husband will mispronounce things on purpose just to annoy me. He says stuff like 'antibeeotic' or 'vittamins'. I ignored it for years and when I snapped he was like "Finally!". He's a big jerk, btw.

My parents both pronounce(d) some words quite differently than North Americans do, as a result of growing up in the UK. I have retained some of those words just from hearing them spoken that way in the home.

They both said vittamins; I say vitamins. My mum always pronounced "marg - ar - EEN" but I say margarine. My father says "al - you - min - YUM" (I say aloominum) and 'ospital... however, that is the only word he drops the H on.

My mum had a lot of marcasite jewellery that she gave to me, and I do pronounce it "mar - ca - seet" like she did, rather than "mar - ca - sight".
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    en-velope
    q-pon
    ee-ther

ETA: cray-awn, batter-ees
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Can anyone guess what a "Bunny hug" is?

Yep. A hoodie sweatshirt. We've already done that one! @froggybug (I think?) told us. LOL

ETA: Although I love bunnyhug way better than hoodie. Such a better visual...

It wasn't me but I remember that conversation a long time ago on this thread and now I try to remember to use that instead of hoodie now because it's pretty cute. :)

It was @ladybuggnorris that brought that up, 1000 pages ago.

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    bettencc87 wrote: »
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

This post is amazing. Thank you for sharing. I once ate an entire tub of cool whip. It didn't end well.

Another X!!!

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

My parents both pronounce(d) some words quite differently than North Americans do, as a result of growing up in the UK. I have retained some of those words just from hearing them spoken that way in the home.

They both said vittamins; I say vitamins. My mum always pronounced "marg - ar - EEN" but I say margarine. My father says "al - you - min - YUM" (I say aloominum) and 'ospital... however, that is the only word he drops the H on.

My mum had a lot of marcasite jewellery that she gave to me, and I do pronounce it "mar - ca - seet" like she did, rather than "mar - ca - sight".

See, that I get totally! But my husband is from New Jersey. LOL He's doing it to piss me off.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Can't believe I forgot to tell you all this!!
    Remember my special needs boy who almost missed his exam and you all talked me down when I was freaking out about it?! He passed!! That means he's graduated high school, so we are all very, very happy and relieved.

@raelynnsmama52512 - This is the boy who at 3 was assessed and had virtually no language (receptive or expressive), plus a bunch of other learning issues, and at 15 was diagnosed on the autistic spectrum. He now has a girlfriend and a little circle of good friends, and has now graduated from the regular school program. I would never in my wildest dreams imagined he would be at this point when he was very young. Stick with it and I'm sure she'll surprise you.
    (Now he has to get a job!!)

Best news all day!!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Can anyone guess what a "Bunny hug" is?

Yep. A hoodie sweatshirt. We've already done that one! @froggybug (I think?) told us. LOL

ETA: Although I love bunnyhug way better than hoodie. Such a better visual...

It wasn't me but I remember that conversation a long time ago on this thread and now I try to remember to use that instead of hoodie now because it's pretty cute. :)

It was @ladybuggnorris that brought that up, 1000 pages ago.

I was close. It had a 'bug' in it.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Can't believe I forgot to tell you all this!!
    Remember my special needs boy who almost missed his exam and you all talked me down when I was freaking out about it?! He passed!! That means he's graduated high school, so we are all very, very happy and relieved.

@raelynnsmama52512 - This is the boy who at 3 was assessed and had virtually no language (receptive or expressive), plus a bunch of other learning issues, and at 15 was diagnosed on the autistic spectrum. He now has a girlfriend and a little circle of good friends, and has now graduated from the regular school program. I would never in my wildest dreams imagined he would be at this point when he was very young. Stick with it and I'm sure she'll surprise you.
    (Now he has to get a job!!)
    Congratulations!

All this cherry and vanilla coke talk make me glad there are more and more Freestyle! Coke machines.

I was in Seattle a few years ago and a restaurant I went to had a machine like that. It was the highlight of my trip and I still talk about it to this day :lol:
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    @Tubbs216 Congrats on your son graduating from high school!!! That is FANTASTIC!!

@raelynnsmama52512 I've got my fingers crossed for you and your family re: the manufactured home. I sure hope it all works out for the best for you guys!

Thank you! Hubby is talking to them right now about the singlewide, it appears to be a little more promising for us! Hopefully we can figure out the down payment, we're going to look at things and see what our options are.

@Tubbs216 Tell your son congrats on graduating high school for me!

@TigerNY128 I'm so sorry to hear about your nephew!!! I hope insurance helps with the costs for your family! Sending you and your family lots of hugs! ❤️
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    brandi9172 wrote: »
    I confess that most of the threads in the Chit - Chat section drive me absolutely bonkers. "Would you kiss the person above" "Compliment the person above" Blah blah blah. I guess because it's blatant compliment fishing maybe...or perhaps because there are a ton of married/partnered people out there flirting and being inappropriate with other people. I don't know...but it grosses me out. So I try not to look at even the titles...and I never click in. Did it once...won't make that mistake again, lol. :dizzy:

I totally agree. I can only hope their partners know what they're doing online, because yikes.

I don't really get the attraction either. I'm single but I guess I'm not interested in virtual ego stroking? Not into long distance relationships? Not interested in anyone outside of, like, a 200-foot radius?

Why can't I meet a man between the computer and the fridge, that would be the ideal situation

It would be my luck to find one who gets into those threads though.

LOL. Why can't the man bring the food from the fridge to the computer?!

Y'all are cracking me up. If a man I didn't know was between my computer and I my fridge, I'd shoot first and ask questions later!!!

Even if he'd made you a sandwich? haha

But that's probably the correct response lol.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    What about coupon? How does everyone say that. I've heard coo-pon and q-pon.

coo-pon

And bouquet is bow-kay, not boo-kay
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    bettencc87 wrote: »
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

This post is amazing. Thank you for sharing. I once ate an entire tub of cool whip. It didn't end well.

Bingo!

Aww I wasn't fast enough lol
  • ShibaEars
    Options

Envelope... unless I'm speaking with a fake British accent
  • ShibaEars
    Options

ETA - I actually use both, but more often "EE-ther". If it starts the sentence, I think I'll say "EYE-ther" like "EYE-ther one of those is fine." But if it's at the end of a sentence, I say "EE-ther." I'm a weirdo!

I use both, the same way you do
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    I didn't know on-velope was a thing. Envelope for me too!

And... is vi-co a shortened version of vicodin? I have no clue :lol:

LOL no it's what we used to call chocolate here in Saskatchewan when I was a kid. I don't hear it much anymore though.

:confused: What?!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    I'm going to continue with my binge posts and the word ones:

I watch a lot of those House Hunter shows and I've noticed that Americans pronounce foyer as "foy-er". I'm pretty sure all Canadians pronounce it "foy-yay". I get a twitch every time I hear "foy-er" lol