What do we eat?

Options

Replies

• sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    sjohnny wrote: »
    ggbzbqjep9kf.jpg

Is this just a tuna stuff roll? Where's the spinach?

That looks like some kind of pocket pal or something.

I don't get it. It's a long, hollow tube, filled with fish...hey, wait....

Sorry I know it's gross but I freaking love it

Uh huh........
  • PannyTheBug
    PannyTheBug Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    hlnebel wrote: »
    Thanks to everyone who replied so far, I tried to reply to as many of you as I could. Tomorrow, can you post ON HERE a basic calorie count for each meal. Thanks guyyyys!

I don't think anybody is going to do that.

Thanks for the positive feedback

The thing is that you can look in someone's diary and see a meal and see the calories. Why on earth should anyone post it here and do all the work for you?

Especially since the shtick seems to be that you will then give unsolicited advice based on that particular day, LOL.

Thanks. Thanks a whole lot. You really made me feel good about that fact that I was JUST CURIOUS. and can't you take POSITIVE FEEDBACK?

Y so much sodium?

pelican-sees-it1.png

I don't. Sorry, bit late for health jokes, C'est pas?
  • PannyTheBug
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who replied so far, I tried to reply to as many of you as I could. Tomorrow, can you post ON HERE a basic calorie count for each meal. Thanks guyyyys!

The thing is that you can look in someone's diary and see a meal and see the calories. Why on earth should anyone post it here and do all the work for you?

Especially since the shtick seems to be that you will then give unsolicited advice based on that particular day, LOL.

Thanks. Thanks a whole lot. You really made me feel good about that fact that I was JUST CURIOUS. and can't you take POSITIVE FEEDBACK?

Did you want advice or did you want to give judgement "feedback" though? You apparently weren't very clear. Not to mention when someone requests advice it's rather poor etiquette to then critique the advice givers.
    ESPECIALLY when the people giving you advice have been very successful at this whole game. Thus adding a delightful dimension of LOL to this thread.
    I need to go to sleep - but this thread delivers. And it so won't survive until morning.

Yeah. I guess. *hangs head in shame*
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    I look for protein in every meal. Fiber is filling and has other health benefits. Fat is filling and necessary also. My goals are to eat foods I like while getting the most bang for my calorie buck. No food is off limits, although some foods can't be everyday foods.....anymore.

Breakfast - Greek yogurt & low sugar oatmeal - or a Greek yogurt "parfait" (layer yogurt, berries, and Fiber One cereal).

Non-starchy veggies are high volume foods. I can really stretch the portion sizes by adding these to lunch & dinner.

Lunch - grilled chicken (leafy) salads. Different recipes - Cesar, Asian, South West, etc. OR a sandwich on whole wheat (more protein & fiber in whole grain breads and pastas) - Veggie side if I'm not having salad. Fruit side (I typically save this as a snack).

Dinner - protein with starchy something (noodles, rice, potatoes)....then veggies. I like incorporating veggies in sauces. Then I can have a decent serving size.

Snacks - popcorn, nuts, ice cream, or chocolate.....a small serving of something that I'm really craving.
    Gosh you seem to like having a lot of a few things, but that's good, better than me!! My food habits mainly consist of tuna and chocolate.

Gosh, you may want to take a look at that. Probably shouldn't be eating so much mercury. I'd be going for the turkey carved not in front of your eyes over that.

https://seaturtles.org/programs/mercury/
  • PannyTheBug
    Options

I think you need to re-evaluate your understanding of positive feedback.

OMG fine I will try to delete this thread, happy now haters?

Please don't. This could be legendary! You just need to find the strenth to get through this initial awkwardness.

popeye-s-spinach-o.gif

Canned spinach is full of sodium.
    Oh I have fresh.
  • PannyTheBug
    Options
    ggbzbqjep9kf.jpg

Uh huh........

Lol
  • PannyTheBug
    Options

Did you want advice or did you want to give judgement "feedback" though? You apparently weren't very clear. Not to mention when someone requests advice it's rather poor etiquette to then critique the advice givers.
    ESPECIALLY when the people giving you advice have been very successful at this whole game. Thus adding a delightful dimension of LOL to this thread.

TBH kind of both. And I know. I'm a noob.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    TeaBea wrote: »
    I look for protein in every meal. Fiber is filling and has other health benefits. Fat is filling and necessary also. My goals are to eat foods I like while getting the most bang for my calorie buck. No food is off limits, although some foods can't be everyday foods.....anymore.

Breakfast - Greek yogurt & low sugar oatmeal - or a Greek yogurt "parfait" (layer yogurt, berries, and Fiber One cereal).

Non-starchy veggies are high volume foods. I can really stretch the portion sizes by adding these to lunch & dinner.

Lunch - grilled chicken (leafy) salads. Different recipes - Cesar, Asian, South West, etc. OR a sandwich on whole wheat (more protein & fiber in whole grain breads and pastas) - Veggie side if I'm not having salad. Fruit side (I typically save this as a snack).

Dinner - protein with starchy something (noodles, rice, potatoes)....then veggies. I like incorporating veggies in sauces. Then I can have a decent serving size.

Snacks - popcorn, nuts, ice cream, or chocolate.....a small serving of something that I'm really craving.
    Gosh you seem to like having a lot of a few things, but that's good, better than me!! My food habits mainly consist of tuna and chocolate.

That's a wicked combination. How does that taste?

Tuna brownies are the best.

I was just about to post this
  • PannyTheBug
    Options
    ggbzbqjep9kf.jpg

No basically what you do is you get the end of a French stick and hollow it out, then stuff it with a chosen filling. Yum.

Yeah, I'd like to get a hollow French stick and stuff it with my chosen filling!

EWWWWWWWWWWWW THATS WHAT SHE SAID
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

Y so much sodium?

pelican-sees-it1.png

High sodium = salty.
    ggbzbqjep9kf.jpg

Uh huh........

scbu.gif
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    1210880312828.jpg

I don't really feel any shame.. I'm eating better now than I was before I started losing weight, being mindful of what I eat. If I logged my food before, I'm certain my fats and carbs were higher and micros lower. MFP is all about making SUSTAINABLE change, and that's what I'm doing.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Please don't. This could be legendary! You just need to find the strenth to get through this initial awkwardness.

popeye-s-spinach-o.gif

I find that if he eats fresh, locally sourced spinach instead of canned, his launch takeoff will be 23% faster and he won't die at an early age from BPAs.

YOU'RE WELCOME
  • PannyTheBug
    Options
    1210880312828.jpg

I don't really feel any shame.. I'm eating better now than I was before I started losing weight, being mindful of what I eat. If I logged my food before, I'm certain my fats and carbs were higher and micros lower. MFP is all about making SUSTAINABLE change, and that's what I'm doing.

Yeah. I guess diets are different to different people. Just giving my opinion.
  • PannyTheBug
    Options
    1210880312828.jpg

Yeah. I guess diets are different to different people. Just giving my opinion.

And I like the meme. It's perfect.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    ggbzbqjep9kf.jpg

No basically what you do is you get the end of a French stick and hollow it out, then stuff it with a chosen filling. Yum.

Please continue....
  • PannyTheBug
    Options

Y so much sodium?

pelican-sees-it1.png

High sodium = salty.
    ggbzbqjep9kf.jpg

Uh huh........

scbu.gif
    Well this turned from a nice civil conversation to the most awkward one ever, didn't it.
  • PannyTheBug
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »

popeye-s-spinach-o.gif

I find that if he eats fresh, locally sourced spinach instead of canned, his launch takeoff will be 23% faster and he won't die at an early age from BPAs.

YOU'RE WELCOME

AND THAT, MY FRIENDS, IS WHERE I WISHED THIS THREAD WOULD HEAD. THANKYOU
  • PannyTheBug
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    ggbzbqjep9kf.jpg

Please continue....

Sorry. The euphemistic possibilities are endless, I'm aware of this
This discussion has been closed.