Let's have an actual chat - no "would you date/*kitten*/marry/add the person below you" games

Options

Replies

• runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone, I'm Renée and I'm turning 47 in just over a month. I'm from the US originally but moved to the Netherlands in 1994 and been here ever since. I'm married to a Dutch guy, have 2 stepkids, 4 cats and several fish (it's always changing, the number of fish we have). I am a runner, I love to travel and on my birthday I'm actually starting a year-long education for sports massage. I haven't read all 5 pages of the thread but I will try to catch up to get to know you guys as well.
  • WantBestME
    WantBestME Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm sri, 26, mom of a 18 months old boy and i am on the verge of reaching my pre-pregnancy weight...But i am planning to improve the muscle %.. R&D engineer by profession - full time working - love cooking, reading,sleeping, drawing,driving and nagging my hubby :wink: Hate-traffic jam , waiting in queue, being hungry...

• Fitnessflexibility
    Fitnessflexibility Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Thinking of cutting my hair

Noooooo!!!!! I chopped mine off a couple of months ago. Regret it daily. :(

Oh nooooo ok thanks, lol just some days long hair sucks
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options

Oh I agree! It got on my nerves so bad, but now when I see pictures of it I can't remember why I did it. I'm sure yours would look great either way. :)
  • jmac4263
    jmac4263 Posts: 245 Member
    Options

Oh I agree! It got on my nerves so bad, but now when I see pictures of it I can't remember why I did it. I'm sure yours would look great either way. :)

I am the same way cut mine short after being super long and I have spent everyday since the day i cut it wishing for it to grow faster! I cant wear short hair very well!! to each their own I am sure short will look way better on you than me :)
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    Sinistrous wrote: »
    (And I do have to admit)...

Those threads can be fun when you get to creep out and annoy people. Some people take stuff so srs.

Oh how do you get all the colours!? I'm looking at this quote and it looks crazy. Did you type that all out or is there someway to easily do it?
  • tanyamclattenburg
    tanyamclattenburg Posts: 51 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    It's a rainbow generator found here:

http://mpierce.pie2k.com/rainbow_bb_code.html
    or
    http://www.stuffbydavid.com/textcolorizer
    or
    http://patorjk.com/text-color-fader/

See you can change it from any colour fade.
  • The_Invisible_Boy
    The_Invisible_Boy Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone! 43 yrs young, living in the flat part of Ohio! My work day has just begun a few hours ago. All I do is work n sleep. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
  • Ria_StayingFit
    Ria_StayingFit Posts: 6,891 Member
    Options
    Hello all...kind of refreshing to post more than two to three word comments.

I am Ria and almost 41...I have teenaged kids that I had young so I am looking forward to having them leave the best so hubby and I can do some of the things we didn't get around to do by when the kids were little. Mainly travelling more and having adventures I missed out on being a mom in my early twenties. My job is very sedentary so I really look forward to my 1.5 hour workouts and in the summer spend as much time by/in the pool as I can. Want to to know anything else feel free to ask. :)
  • NofatdaddyMike
    NofatdaddyMike Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    i turned 50 this year. I have four kids (one in heaven), ages 12, 10, and 7. I work at a desk all day. Been struggling to get my weight under control. Been overweight for 10 years or so, but struggled with it in my teens and earlier years.
  • jmac4263
    Options
    And today..... I feel like I am starving and my breakfast was more calories today. Come on lunch time!!! Its a rainy and gloomy day here today, and it seems to be dragging on! How is everyone else doing today?!?
  • alpha_515
    alpha_515 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    jmac4263 wrote: »
    And today..... I feel like I am starving and my breakfast was more calories today. Come on lunch time!!! Its a rainy and gloomy day here today, and it seems to be dragging on! How is everyone else doing today?!?

Just had a massive dinner after fasting the whole day. Yeah boii !!
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone. I just needed a place to rant where my friends and family can't see it. I was just diagnosed with ASD, a congenital heart defect that should have been caught when I was a baby. Now, I am not that broken up about it, but I have a vacation to Florida planned for the end of august. To all the freaking amusement parks. All four Disney Parks, Universal Studios, and Universal Island of Adventure, Sea World, Busch Gardens, Tampa. Now, I can't freaking ride anything but the kiddie rides. I am ready to scream. So much money wasted. :| Since then, I have been stuffing my face. I am pissed off at myself for eating out of control, but I see no point in carrying on since the main reason for losing weight was for this vacation. Yes, I have been to all the parks before, but that's not the point. GRRR.
  • asianfashionista86
    asianfashionista86 Posts: 5,045 Member
    Options
    I'm Riley I manage a Thai restaurant my family owns. On the contrary people think in the fashion industry however I just like clothes and I see fashion as an expression of art and oneself. I'm a pretty laidback chill personality. I'm like 95% sarcastic and playful 5% serious. I like to be light hearted and I'm not gonna lie it's fun to mess with people not in a mean way but playfully. If I say anything to offend you it might be intentional but it's all out of love lol.
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Allison, I'm 32 (unfortunately today is the first day I have to say that!) and live in Philly. I did Weight Watchers for years and liked it but switched to MFP a few months ago and prefer tracking here. Enjoying the message boards so far!
  • jmac4263
    Options
    alpha_515 wrote: »

oh man I bet that was something to look forward too! Only 30 mins left until lunch time here! Whoo hoo
  • alpha_515
    alpha_515 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    alpha_515 wrote: »

oh man I bet that was something to look forward too! Only 30 mins left until lunch time here! Whoo hoo

*kitten* aye ! Ate like 2200 calories in one sitting ...boom!
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone. I just needed a place to rant where my friends and family can't see it. I was just diagnosed with ASD, a congenital heart defect that should have been caught when I was a baby. Now, I am not that broken up about it, but I have a vacation to Florida planned for the end of august. To all the freaking amusement parks. All four Disney Parks, Universal Studios, and Universal Island of Adventure, Sea World, Busch Gardens, Tampa. Now, I can't freaking ride anything but the kiddie rides. I am ready to scream. So much money wasted. :| Since then, I have been stuffing my face. I am pissed off at myself for eating out of control, but I see no point in carrying on since the main reason for losing weight was for this vacation. Yes, I have been to all the parks before, but that's not the point. GRRR.

I believe that the diagnoses, came just in time; to save your life. Otherwise you might have gotten on a ride, that might have been unbeknownst to you; fatal for you. So please try to view this, at this time; to be a blessing.
  • kasrok
    kasrok Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I live in Southern California, the not-so-lovely Los Angeles area. I'm just trying to get swoll, I like buying comic books and guns. I have a lot of one and a few of the others