The Cleanse

Options

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    If I've said it once I've said it at least once. The coders for MFP need to be working on two things. One; make a better search engine. Two; auto delete cleanse/detox threads.

OP; you got serious answers to your questions. Don't misconstrue the fact that people were willing to offer sound answers to your questions for actually caring.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    lol, chicken broth is a cleanse now
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    lorenswan wrote: »
    you guys are too serious

The Chit-Chat forum cesspool is that way >>>>>>>>>
  • lorenswan
    lorenswan Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Okay. I'm starting to think this is a matter of semantics. I must be talking about something else. Maybe "Cleanse" or "Detox" is different for your generation then what I remembered and so I'm referring to something you guys all think is evil..... like how coconut oil was once banned because it was said to cause cancer back in the 80's and now its back and everyone is tooting its benefits? Maybe the term "cleanse" has been hijacked by industrial alternative foods or something. Because I keep saying "it doesnt cost anything" and everyone is screaming "dont waste your money!" so that's basically a big tap on the head for me that I must be confused or something.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Okay. I'm starting to think this is a matter of semantics. I must be talking about something else. Maybe "Cleanse" or "Detox" is different for your generation then what I remembered and so I'm referring to something you guys all think is evil..... like how coconut oil was once banned because it was said to cause cancer back in the 80's and now its back and everyone is tooting its benefits? Maybe the term "cleanse" has been hijacked by industrial alternative foods or something. Because I keep saying "it doesnt cost anything" and everyone is screaming "dont waste your money!" so that's basically a big tap on the head for me that I must be confused or something.

The description you gave of a cleanse is pretty much spot on as to what a cleanse is...if there were really such a thing.
  • lorenswan
    Options
    smantha32 wrote: »
    I'm thinking about doing a cleanse for a few days. What are the benefits? How does that work? And wouldnt I just gain the weight right back?

If you've done them before - and everyone and your dog has had great success on them - why would you ask these questions.

:trollface:

we had the same thought, about the same time. lol B)

because I'm an anthropologist.

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

The description you gave of a cleanse is pretty much spot on as to what a cleanse is...if there were really such a thing.

And there is STILL no benefit to it whatsoever.

No one has said 'don't waste your money' in the last couple pages of this thread.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

You and I appear to be the same age if your profile is accurate. I don't think it's a generational thing. I think it's you not bothering to read the responses at this point.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    smantha32 wrote: »
    I'm thinking about doing a cleanse for a few days. What are the benefits? How does that work? And wouldnt I just gain the weight right back?

If you've done them before - and everyone and your dog has had great success on them - why would you ask these questions.

:trollface:

we had the same thought, about the same time. lol B)

because I'm an anthropologist.

You are not involved in the sciences in any way, shape, or form.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

Are you calling people old? Thread delivers.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    LOL

It's not semantics

It's not definitions

There is no case to prove

Cleanses and detoxes come from the land of dieting woo...developed by companies who want your money either by selling you a specific product or by your clicking on their site, reading their magazine. They are opiate for the masses (paraphrases)

Believe what you want but it's not a case you can prove, because there is no scientific rationale for cleansing ...just woo

• randomtai
    Options

tumblr_inline_nbik4od1oX1r2ghad.gif
  • lorenswan
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    LOL

It's not semantics

It's not definitions

Cleanses and detoxes come from the land of dieting woo...developed by companies who want your money either by selling you a specific product or by your clicking on their site, reading their magazine. They are opiate for the masses (paraphrases)

Believe what you want but it's not a case you can prove, because there is no scientific rationale for cleansing ...just woo
    like a broken record. "companies who want your money"? sigh. nevermind. I guess I'll just ask Beyoncé later this week.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    dHoshAJ.gif
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    This quote sums up this thread really nicely...
    I have had so many conversations or email exchanges with students in the last few years wherein I anger them by indicating that simply saying, "This is my opinion" does not preclude a connected statement from being dead wrong. It still baffles me that some feel those four words somehow give them carte blanche to spout batshit oratory or prose. And it really scares me that some of those students think education that challenges their ideas is equivalent to an attack on their beliefs. -Mick Cullen
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »

Let's play a game: how many times can you legitimately use this in one day?
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    My favorite cleanse is Ajax, it does a great job on cleaning the bath tub.
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I did a cleanse. I felt better. I lost weight. I kept it off.

I have a friend. She did a cleanse. She could finally gain weight and stop looking anorexic.

My grandmother did a cleanse. Discovered certain foods that dont agree with her so she takes a vegetable
    enzyme now.

My dog got sick. The vet suggested a cleanse. (chicken broth for a day). He felt a lot better.

When was the last time I did a cleanse? I dunno five years ago. Why do you guys even care?! lol

[Edited by MFP Mods]

Possibly the funniest thing i have read all day. How can one product make you both gain or lose weight?

I think the whole DOG needing a CHICKEN BROTH CLEANSE was probably the kicker!!! Just....whaaaaa?! As one poster pointed out, that has to be to settle the stomach right?

But seriously, if OP could explain how a cleanse can both make you lose AND gain weight with no other variables at play, I would LOVE to hear it.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    LOL

It's not semantics

It's not definitions

like a broken record. "companies who want your money"? sigh. nevermind. I guess I'll just ask Beyoncé later this week.

So...you're also ignorant about basic economics
  • randomtai
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »
    randomtai wrote: »

Let's play a game: how many times can you legitimately use this in one day?

That's my goal for the day. :)