The Cleanse

Options

Replies

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    lorenswan wrote: »
    you guys are too serious

You are too misinformed and unwilling to listen for anyone to have a reasoned discussion with you.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    you guys are too serious

You are too misinformed and unwilling to listen for anyone to have a reasoned discussion with you.

aka she is successfully trolling, because people keep engaging her.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    OP posts thread asking about benefits of cleanses and how they work.

OP receives responses advising against cleanses with backup and answers to her questions in original post.

OP becomes hostile and then claims everyone in her life including pets have done cleanses.

Responses continue to advise OP against cleanses.

OP claims to be an anthropologist and that suddenly she knows more than everyone ever about cleanses.

OP decides she'll just talk to Beyonce later this week.

Well that's it guys... I'm going to go stick my head in an oven now. It's been real.

• dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    giphy_zpsqfdnzthp.gif

Ok, I haven't actually seen 'haters' in this post, just people giving you advice. Mostly trying to be nice. If you don't want to take our advice, so be it. Have fun spending the next couple of days in the bathroom!
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    don__t_feed_the_troll___by_blag001-d5r7e47.png
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »

OP receives responses advising against cleanses with backup and answers to her questions in original post.

OP becomes hostile and then claims everyone in her life including pets have done cleanses.

OP claims to be an anthropologist and that suddenly she knows more than everyone ever about cleanses.

Well that's it guys... I'm going to go stick my head in an oven now. It's been real.

c20447790fac4ad9999b16024a368617.jpg
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Just schedule a colonoscopy with your doctor and you will be clean as a whistle! Plus, you get a coolonoscopy out of the deal.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options

Take me with you.
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    When someone is considered a fruit loop....
    my dog did a cleanse and it worked....omg.
    These people really do exist. LOL
    I need to come up with something to sell to these people.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    ah, man... I missed all the fun.

I like me a good 'cleanse' thread.
    dt5sw8xau8cl8hro11t7vu84k9e2kebetc3yijic23z5v43qmxjcu5kdgnhxxmej.gif
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    well that's all folks, nothing to see here...
    giphy.gif
  • trying4real
    trying4real Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    you guys are too serious

What did you expect, knock-knock jokes?

You asked questions. We answered. That's how adult conversation works.

lol
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    This quote sums up this thread really nicely...
    I have had so many conversations or email exchanges with students in the last few years wherein I anger them by indicating that simply saying, "This is my opinion" does not preclude a connected statement from being dead wrong. It still baffles me that some feel those four words somehow give them carte blanche to spout batshit oratory or prose. And it really scares me that some of those students think education that challenges their ideas is equivalent to an attack on their beliefs. -Mick Cullen
    so true.
    I had a lady try to say that she did not do what a few of us witnessed
    it's my opinion I did not do that

well, everyone saw you...so your opinion is wrong
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Just a small town goat
    Livin' in a lonely world
    took the midnight train
    Goatin anywhere
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »

Take me with you.

LOL
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Ok. Why is everyone so angry? And why is everyone saying "don't waste your money" and "it has absolutely nothing to do with weight loss" Because
    1. cleanses dont cost anything.
    2. you can loose weight. (or gain, if that is your goal)

So no one here has had success? Okay.

Guess what, a lot of people got fat from
    doing P90X. lol

Oh I don't know, honey is pretty darn expensive. As are spices.

I know a woman who did a cleanse after I started losing weight on Weight Watchers. She couldn't find her WW books and didn't want to pay the membership so instead she did a cleanse. For 10 days, she ate lightly and had this drink thing. Within 2 days of her cleanse being done, the weight was back. Because she ate food again instead of mostly just liquid. I've never known anyone who lost weight on them except one. That one person used that cleanse as an excuse to cut calories extremely and ended up with an eating disorder. She was disappointed it didn't work but still claims cleanses work. All I could think was "But... you did it... and it didn't work! Isn't that enough proof for you?"

And no one got fat doing P90X. They got fat by eating too much.
  • soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    In fact, scientist within GI Departments at some of our leading institutions, (Cleveland Clinic is one
    example) are now discovering diverse genetic disparities across the board with gluten intolerance, lactose intolerance, various mild allergies, inabilities to process B12 all causes by the inherited bacterial set of individual intestinal tracts. The rise of antibiotic use attributed to the rise in acid reflux in the past few decades and the need to use probiotics to no avail. In conclusion, a diet for one person may not work for another, due to their bacterial fauna in their gut. Cleanses can correct this.

No they don't. There are numerous studies that describe how difficult it is to change your gut microflora. Some people do change it but they basically have to clear it out and get a fecal transplant to add new bacteria back in.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    In fact, scientist within GI Departments at some of our leading institutions, (Cleveland Clinic is one
    example) are now discovering diverse genetic disparities across the board with gluten intolerance, lactose intolerance, various mild allergies, inabilities to process B12 all causes by the inherited bacterial set of individual intestinal tracts. The rise of antibiotic use attributed to the rise in acid reflux in the past few decades and the need to use probiotics to no avail. In conclusion, a diet for one person may not work for another, due to their bacterial fauna in their gut. Cleanses can correct this.

No they don't. There are numerous studies that describe how difficult it is to change your gut microflora. Some people do change it but they basically have to clear it out and get a fecal transplant to add new bacteria back in.

I pray to the powers that be every day that I never have to get something called a "fecal transplant."