What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I've had three colleagues separately tell me this week how much weight I've lost and how good I look for it. It's making me feel amazing :smile:
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Double-checked the charity shop bag I'd thrown in the wardrobe in the spare room a few months ago and found a shirt that had only gone in out of frustration that it was way too tight in the upper arms. I'm wearing it today :)

(also, I agree with AngeBee18 - this is one of my favourite threads, and it makes me smile a) that you are all doing so great and b) that I keep finding new NSVs to chip in with)
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    lili89 wrote: »
    I could fit my butt down the slide in a childrens play area :)
    I still have a long way to go but this first 20lb gone means i can play easier with my kids!

Omfg! That's bleeping incredible!!!! Yay you great thing!!!
  • ashtonladkins
    ashtonladkins Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    After being pregnant and having my sweet little girl almost a year ago, I just haven't been able to make it to my favorite 5:15am exercise class. I have continued exercising and have been going to other classes, mostly in the evening, but with a baby that wasn't sleeping through the night, I just couldn't do the 5:15am class...

Until today! It felt great to be back and the instructor commented on how great I was doing and said she noticed a lot of improvement in my strength and technique. Happy Friday to me!
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    People from different areas of my life keep referring to me as "the incredible shrinking woman". The scale says my progress has slowed down - bound to happen - but the comments keep me from becoming discouraged.

• Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I did my whole hour of kickboxing without my inhaler (asthmatic). Hello increased lung capacity.

That's awesome, congrats!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I've had three colleagues separately tell me this week how much weight I've lost and how good I look for it. It's making me feel amazing :smile:

You're amazing!
    After being pregnant and having my sweet little girl almost a year ago, I just haven't been able to make it to my favorite 5:15am exercise class. I have continued exercising and have been going to other classes, mostly in the evening, but with a baby that wasn't sleeping through the night, I just couldn't do the 5:15am class...

Until today! It felt great to be back and the instructor commented on how great I was doing and said she noticed a lot of improvement in my strength and technique. Happy Friday to me!

Great job! I have been trying to get up at 5am and have also failed UNTIL TODAY! Feels good man!

Great job EVERYONE. You all rock. Happy Friday!
  • Quichee
    Quichee Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Blew off the gym to hang out with a friend yesterday. Hated the fact that I was below 10,000 steps so much that when I got home I went for a run and and blew away my 10,000 step goal. :smile:
  • acoustophoresis
    acoustophoresis Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    According to my measurements, I'm a size 6 now. I have been looking at the size charts for stores online, and I can't believe it. I haven't tried on any clothes though... I'm almost scared to! :o
  • xqzmuah
    xqzmuah Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Azexas wrote: »
    I'm officially in single digit jeans :)
    Omg isn't that the best!
  • orchidbutterflies
    orchidbutterflies Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I went to a restaurant last week and I fit in the booth! Before my stomach would be cutting into the table xD It didn't even touch the table.

Also, yesterday I had to bring the portable air conditioner upstairs (we live in an old house and the upstairs was converted from an attic, so no proper insulation or cold air return). It weighs around 60-70lbs & it was pretty heavy taking up by myself. About half way up it dawned on me that I've lost 1 & 1/2 of those air conditioners and used to drag all that weight up those stairs multiple times a day. Crazy.

Also, it's nice to only have to bring the AC up at the end of July when before I wouldn't have been able to handle the heat up there in May/June. I probably could have gone all summer with just the fan but my dog sleeps up there and I need to keep it cool for him (:
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Was able to hold my own in a water balloon fight with 10 seven year old boys at Bible School this week without getting winded. :smile:
  • Miles_to_Go
    Miles_to_Go Posts: 48 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Double-post...stupid phone
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    I lost 2 in on my chest.
    I don't know if I would call it a victory but it is a sign my body is moving in the right direction

why, why must the chest always suffer

I saw a tank the other day that said "My boobs aren't small, they're low fat" and LMAO'd. I didn't realize that mine would continue to shrink so drastically. I'm thinking I'll be an A cup by the time I'm at goal weight!!!
  • movegrooveandwatchthefood
    Options
    I had to up my walking speed to 2.5 mph from 2.0 mph to get my heart rate up to 125, my ring fits now, my clothes are looser, and I don't have to use a piece of furniture to aid myself in getting up off the floor! So many things I have noticed and hopefully more in the future!
  • 7Tamara7
    7Tamara7 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    LaceyBirds wrote: »
    AngeBee18 wrote: »
    Can I just say, this is my absolutely favourite thread. I feel so happy and actually proud when I read of all of your achievements on the train every morning (a bit weird, I know, since I don't actually know any of you!).

I agree. I get up in the morning, get my yogurt, Fiber One and water, sit down in front of the computer, log on to MFP, enter my breakfast, and start reading this thread. It is a really motivational thing to do for me, and it is helping me a lot. It is also a lot of fun to read. :)

During the summer, I like to sit out in the yard, drink coffee and do my crossword puzzles. It's a rather big production for me. I have to take out all my "supplies" (crossword puzzle book, pencils, glasses, lip gloss, etc.), carry out my chair, small portable table and lap desk, go get the umbrella from the shed, put it up, set everything out, and then go back upstairs and get my coffee/water and bring it out. I have to do this every time, as I rent and can't leave the stuff outside.

Yesterday, I got everything set up, sat down, pulled out the crossword puzzle book, and realized I forgot my lap desk. I can't do crosswords without it. Frustrated, I set the book on my lap to see if I could just do it that way. It didn't work very well.

Then I crossed my legs.

And discovered that I could actually CROSS MY LEGS!

It's been years and years since I could do that.

Did you know that crossed legs make a nice lap desk? :)

WINNING!!!!

That is so awesome! I've been able to cross my legs for a while but as I've lost inches on my legs it's even more comfortable to do it now, so I do it more often (even though it's bad for my knees).

And I totally agree, I love this thread! I just wish I could like everyone's NSVs. You all inspire me!
  • Tilly1285
    Tilly1285 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm new here . . . didn't know what a NSV was, so I looked around and figured it out.
    I've been watching what I eat for about 6 weeks and on MFP for 4. Last Monday I had lost 6 lbs so far. Today I just felt "skinnier" and was able to fasten my belt on the last hole. That's a total of 4 notches so far and my slacks are bunching up under my belt. Will have to buy better fitting clothes soon!
    I've got a long way to go, but I have to say I just feel better and have more spring in my step.
    Till
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!