WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY2015

Options

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,057 Member
    Options
    Joyce yes Dr. Palmer is from the the Twin Cities sorry to say. He made the front page today because he has gone into hiding.

Sharon sorry about your friend. She is lucky to have you for support. She is most likely in shock right now in losing her job.

Heather admire your your dedication to writing daily.

Today work on the garden and e-mail changes.

:heart: MNMargaret
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,221 Member
    Options
    Ooooooh, just been having a wonderful time using Google Street View to look at my childhood home and area. Of course, so much has changed, but I was VERY excited to see that the corner shop, where I used to buy my sweets on a Saturday morning, still has the same railing and step where I used to hang out with my friends. I would sit on the railing, spin round it and hang upside down from my knees. I would suck Lovehearts. :laugh:
    Also found where my school used to be. And what used to be the doctor's surgery is still there.
    Next door's bronze cherry tree is gone though.:cry:
    60 years ago. :noway:

Heather UK
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Good morning! We turned in the rental yesterday after we picked up my van. It looks so beautiful! I love it so much more now after driving that rental for so long. Yesterday afternoon I went to the auto parts store and told the woman clerk what I had done to the rental and asked for her advice. She came out to look at it. She got a soft cloth and a jar of rubbing compound and used a tiny bit and just wiped the messy paint right off! And she didn't charge me a penny! So, I still had the scratch but it looked much better compared to the messy globs. It was very close to their closing time when we turned it in and they were in such a big hurry they didn't notice the scratch. Hopefully they won't find it today and charge us anyway.

Today I'm driving the kids up to visit their mother. She lives about 90 minutes away, so we will meet her halfway. My son is convinced that she has really changed, but he has thought that before. I am not convinced.

Well, time to do my walking. Have a great day!

Sylvia
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Mary in MN wrote "Janetr- you look great! I also thought that was a pole for pole dancing". That's too funny. I have not one rhythmic bone in my body. Have never danced in my life, not even a HS prom. We were raised very strict Conservative Baptist and we did not dance. MY first husband was an ordained Baptist minister. I have been talking to Barbie about giving line dancing classes a try, scares me to death :) Thanks for your sweet comment.

JanetR in NO - thank you.
  • bjkidfun
    bjkidfun Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm back, will need to read the posts and try to catch up. Still recognize alot of names. Thank you Barbie for keeping g this going, I was so afraid I wouldn't be able to find you.
    Brenda from Md.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I hear my little helper is coming back today!! :) Busy today .... DDIL wanted to take me out for a birthday supper .... I said I would just love to have a wiener roast in the yard. So I will need to mow the grass around the fire pit... not really but it was on the list today and I need the steps. Trip into town ....

First - coffee.....

Later everyone - have a great day!!!

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • mamenat
    mamenat Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    I'll let you know right off, I don't think like most people. Maybe you will enjoy the change. I'm gonna try something different because I have reached a plateau. Took off five pounds in June and stayed there right through July. Can't up the excersise- already doing forty minutes every single day (got the resistance as high as I can get it without my knees hurting, weight on the universal is at 90 pounds, etc.)
    You people might help me with the calorie battle. I'm taking in about half what the program calls for. (Program- 2100, takin in 1400)
    The goal is: get in shape for my daughter's wedding, attact a lovely man, feel feminine, move with grace.
    You learn all these recipes for the kids and your man and then they step off and you're holding forty extra pounds. Gotta develop a new life style. Is your story similar?
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,119 Member
    Options
    We are off to Las Vegas yay! We have a 4 Hour Dr.

Great day everyone!

Mary from Minnesota
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    mamenat wrote: »
    Good morning,
    The goal is: get in shape for my daughter's wedding, attact a lovely man, feel feminine, move with grace.
    You learn all these recipes for the kids and your man and then they step off and you're holding forty extra pounds. Gotta develop a new life style. Is your story similar?

Good goals..... add one more... " I am getting healthy for me" and all the rest will fall into place.

Is there someone supervising your program? Did you decide to restrict the calories or them? When I plateaued I found that I was restricting my calories too much. All the activities needed a bit more calories and then the scale started down again. Just a thought. You could add 250 calories and see what happens. I added more protein.

You are doing 40 minutes already .... so is there something in your regular daily activities that you could add a little more movement to?

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Just a quick, Good Morning to all of you. I'm going to a Craft Fair at the Civic Center this morning. Will get in some steps at least. Had a nice surprise of the scale being down another pound, so a great ending to the month for me. I hope you all have a wonderful day and I'll check ya later.

Love you,
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Terri in Milwaukee: My back doesn't always appreciate the riding lesson, nor does my backside. :noway: My heart and head are always thrilled. I had to take a couple of years off after I messed up my knee posting, and that is what gave me the grit to do something about my weight. Finding MFP and this wonderful group of women was a very lucky break because I didn't have any idea how to take the weight off and keep it off. :flowerforyou:

Janet in OK: You look great in the patterned pants. I also love that particular shade of pink jacket. :flowerforyou:

Kim: Congratulations on paying off your business! You have accomplished a lot in the past month! Lesley said goodbye. Her daughter was diagnosed with breast cancer, and I think she is too worried and busy to post here. I keep her situation in my prayers. :heart:

Joyce: We cook Cornish hens from time to time. I treat them just like chicken and watch my timing because of their smaller size. As to your increased weight, is suspect that the stress of your DH's health situation has a part in sabotaging your discipline. I know that stress eating is how I gained a large proportion of my excess weight in the past. My stress has not gone down because of my husband's health problems but I seem to deal with it differently now. Exercise and adequate sleep are really helping me cope better. :flowerforyou:

It is time for me to get ready for my riding lesson. It will be at 8am this morning because of the heat. I called the teacher and suggested the idea. I didn't think it was humane to ride in 100 degree heat. I am unanimous in that opinion. :wink: It is 7am now and already 80F. I'll be back later to post results and goals. the goals will be familiar. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: If it ain't broke, don't fix it! :bigsmile:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

July Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Went to grocery yesterday & forgot sugar for the hummers,so need to go back before the heat goes up. B)

Joyce: "Pat, is it you or a family member that goes to the cochlear implant clinic?" I have the implant. Just got the latest model & go back in 4 wks to see if anything needs to be changed.

Joyce: "So he said he knows all this stuff, just sees no point in mentioning it because it is something I already know for myself. But he also knows I will go back to my bad habits. So you guys are my 'husband'. Please keep encouraging me even though I have gained almost 30 pounds back. I really do try. It's my exercise I don't do."

You work so much,plus the worry about your son & care for the Grkids......you have an over flowing plate. How does he know you will go back to old ways? Many of us have done that at one time or another,but as long as we keep on keeping on,we WILL get to where we want to be.You can lead the parade! :D

Lillian:...she's adorable ...brings back memories of our 2 DDs & 1 GD.

PIP:saw your x rays......You are so strong! Good luck with healing soon.

The heels shown were gorgeous...to look at,but has been many a moon since I wore spikes :/ Will see if I can find a pic to prove it.

Lisa: that is quite a job you took on. The place looks too clean to use!

Alison: sounds scary to be on the road at those hours. You might feel better if you could get that straightened around. JMO
    The new kitchen sounds great! Has your hub ever heard the saying "A happy wife means a happy life?" A lot of truth to that,but think it works both ways.

Have towels & sheets hung out to dry,need to get to grocery now. Have a great day,Pat
  • janetr7476
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Heather - thanks for the kind words and the encouragement. My 26 yr old DiL (step) suggested the pants. At first I said no way, then I tried them on. Lol. Bariatric surgeon says my weight is fine for "my age". I'd like to lose another 10-15 but not sure it will happen. I've decided to just keep on with what I'm doing, if it comes off great, if not I feel good. I love googling places I used to live, spend hours sometimes. :)

I finished reading Windows.

Janetr. Okc
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,556 Member
    Options
    morning peeps -

my family is wigging out about my shoulder more than I am... sis is asking me if I got a 2nd opinion... i'm thinking, y... mom is wanting me to use this stuff that we used to put on sick pigs (remember I was raised on a farm) and it "cured" them. it's a old Mexican oil called "volcanico" google it. that stuff smells nasty, it's got turpentine in it. she keeps bugging me about buying some... or she will have my sis ship me some :0/

Kirby wants to do the marathon again in November and he asked me so he can know how to register. I've decided i'm going to pass it up. this way he can run his own race, not think about me and see how much faster he can be, I will cheer him on and be able to spend more time with the family. I dunno, maybe I might register later on for the 1/2. I don't need to train for that., we'll see, my shoulder should be ok by then..

my shoulder and neck are hurting more. no doubt cuz of the bone pushing down... i'm able to put my hair up now cuz I don't have a headache or head pressure anymore, which is nice.

damnit - i fell trotting going downstairs. going from the excalibur to the MGM hotel, the outside stairs. i don't remember anything. it was on kirby's bday 7/10 while in vegas

lilymay - cute lil tike! i wanna see the black lab tho, i got one. is he/she an american or english lab, do you know?

janetr- lookin pretty snazzy there hot momma! too late about looking at your computer room loloololol. get the pole out!!

janetmmc - when i see him on the followup visit on 8/14, i'll ask about the fragments.

jmkmom - ::::: putting on my boots, getting my foot revved up :::::::

grandmallie - :::: getting boots w/needles on to ram it up your "husband's" *kitten*!!! :::

whippet - glad to hear you got your momma van back!

fanncy - what happens in vegas, gets posted on facebook baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!

patceoh - ::::: flexing muscles for you :::::: :0)

type to ya later!
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Good Friday Morning!

Still fighting the ants in the kitchen. Cleaned the counters really good yesterday and sprayed along the edges near the wall with Raid. Didn't do a darn thing. Everywhere this AM. Read on line that they hate vinegar and am spraying everything with that. Will try the Terro that Mary suggested if this doesn't work. At least vinegar isn't bad for anything.

Carol-Peach
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Pip - thanks! I'll either get rid of the pole or learn to use it, Ha!!!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,221 Member
    Options
    Carol - I'm with Joyce - the ant bait traps are the best. The ants take it back to the nest and it kills the nest. We have loads of ants here, but the traps do work. You have to use a fresh one every so often. Outside we balance a tile on top of them to keep the rain off. I buy them from Amazon.

Heather UK
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Morning Ladies,

Chris, those shoes are absolutely beautiful!!! And what a bargain. If I could, I’d definitely wear shoes like that, but no way. The only good thing about being so limited in my footwear is that it saves me lots of money. Lol

Lillian, that is the cutest pea peeler I have ever seen. I wouldn’t even care about the peas and would just want to stare at that doll all day.

Janetr
    , yeppers, you look like a million bucks. I hope seeing the pictures helps….often when we look in the mirror we don’t see the same thing. You just keep doing what you are doing and enjoy life. Remember, this is it, and not something down the road. We are here and now. I love the pants. I have news for you…that’s not messy!!!

MNMargaret, my heart goes out to you on changing all those passwords. It is just so easy to use the same ones for many things but we know we shouldn’t. I keep a small book at my desk with passwords in them. I need to take my computer to get worked on and I have it remember some of the passwords, so need to change that before I put it is someone else’s hands. I don’t know if I would ever remember to inform all the businesses about a new email address. ouch.gif Gosh that could be a full time job for a while.

Joyce
    , that is so sad that your hubby has such an attitude about your weight loss. Even if he “knew” you were going to gain it all back, it wouldn’t hurt to encourage you and enjoy it while it lasted. When they do things like that, it makes me wonder why we need them in the first place. hit.gif I need to remember how lucky I am that my DH is encouraging and supportive. He makes it so easy in that he will eat whatever I cook and if he wants something else, he knows how to do it for himself. Joyce, you know how wonderful it feels to see the scale go down and how much better we feel with less weight to carry around, so do this for you! I can attest to the fact that exercise helps but you can lose weight with very little. Concentrate on eating right and move more when you can and try to keep a positive attitude. We are with you. (((((Hugs)))))

Sharon, that is such a cute story about Pea Pickin Paul. It does sound like “life is interesting” with the grands. Try to enjoy every minute.

Allison
    , I’m so proud of you for telling “Mr Controlling” about all the things you had done and taken care of including his clothes and food. I hope it sunk in?? You keep going to the gym and taking care of you! We’re with you.

Heather, you made a very good point. We need to always be mindful of how our words and actions affect our partner, as well as friends and acquaints. We know the comments and kinds words that are so welcomed but I know that I sometimes forget to give those same kind words and compliments to others. I think I am pretty good about it with DH and I try to be with friends, but a reminder is always good. Thanks. So are you hand writing your memoir before you type it? Whatever you are doing, keep up the good work.

Cheri, any time I can help. flowers.gif We’re here for you.

Sylvia, so glad you got your van back. Nothing like our own stuff, is there? So are the kids going to stay with their mom for a few days?

Brenda, welcome back. For those that don’t know you, why don’t you share a little about yourself.

Lillian, bday.gif Actually, a hotdog sounds wonderful since I haven’t had one is so long. You have a fantastic day.

Mamenat, welcome. What program are you on that calls for 2100 calories a day? I only ask because most of us on MFP are at 1200 calories a day. How long have you been on this program? Do you log your intake daily and drink lots of water? You will find this a great place for support and information, so come often and join right in. We ask that you end each post with the name you want to be called and a location, general or specific.

Katla, it was a very good idea to not be riding in the heat of the day. I hope you and the horse have a good time.

Pip, I knew your tumble was on Kirby’s BD in LV, just didn’t know any details. I sure hope it will heal properly and glad the head is finally better.

Carol, sending good wishes for your battle with the ants. Just keep in mind that you are bigger and smarter. knight.gif

welcome.gif to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Well, the trip to the Craft Fair got put off until this afternoon. My friend that is going with me can’t leave the house until her daughter gets up. She has a two year old and she didn’t get to sleep until 6:00 this morning, so was still sleeping when it was time to go. My friend has her daughter with her two children living with her. The daughter has major mental problems so my friend pretty much has to plan her life around her daughter and her schedule. It is such a sad situation with no solution in sight. Anyway, hopefully we will get to go this afternoon. It took me a good couple of hours to get to sleep last night, but boy did I sleep well! I didn’t wake up until almost 9:00 which is a couple of hours later than normal for me. Also, so far my shoulder is okay today. bop.gif
    I hope each of you has a happy and healthy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Started today off right! Getting back in gear mentally and turned down a doughnut offer this am - happy dance! Goodby sugar!
    Carol - where are the ants entering your house at? spray outside all the way around and patio posts and trim any plants/trees that are touching. otherwise they will keep coming - good luck
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,556 Member
    Options