Health is more than body size. Don't use the scale to measure health.

Options

Replies

• Furbuster
    Furbuster Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    @UltimateRBF watch this - it's the current UK exercise promotion thingy

http://www.thisgirlcan.co.uk/
  • conqueringsquidlette
    conqueringsquidlette Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Furbuster wrote: »
    @UltimateRBF watch this - it's the current UK exercise promotion thingy

http://www.thisgirlcan.co.uk/

Yes. Much, much, more of this. <3

• CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Not sure how to say this is absolute bull#$%^ without coming off terribly terribly mean. Not worth the flags.
    BINGO!

Oh my days... totally agree.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    @TheOwlhouseDesigns , exactly what power do you think anyone has to compel people to do anything other than what they will? Of course it's up to individuals to determine for themselves. One has a right to an opinion, though.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    But sometimes it is wiser/better to keep opinions to your self
  • tomatoey
    edited August 2015
    Options

Some people might have better outcomes than I did if they stayed away from running, and that would make me happy even if I annoyed some people.
  • BWBTrish
    edited August 2015
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »

Some people might have better outcomes than I did if they stay away from running and that would make me happy even if I annoyed some people.

You can also give them the wrong impression!
    Because what you experienced doesn't mean it will happen to others.

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Some people might have better outcomes than I did if they stayed away from running, and that would make me happy even if I annoyed some people.

IKR? Nothing makes me happier than convincing people to never try to achieve their goals and to live in fear of what might happen. Any day that I can convince somebody to just settle for mediocrity is a good day. Glad we agree on that
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »

IKR? Nothing makes me happier than convincing people to never try to achieve their goals and to live in fear of what might happen. Any day that I can convince somebody to just settle for mediocrity is a good day. Glad we agree on that

+1 I need to go back to PPA(Project Pounds Away) and actively start discouraging people to lose weight, move more, etc. Fear over fight, just sit back and let it happen.
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    Yeah i think i have to start telling people to stop eating salt...because I have problems with it!
  • fatgirlclub
    fatgirlclub Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but I thought the point of MFP was to help people reach their fitness goals not to belittle them for being "fat" or "overweight". If some people put as much energy into encouraging overweight people as they do putting them down there may be less of us "fat" people out there.
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I don't regret anything I said..if it offended you then you have bigger problems. You take the article and image how you want to take it but to sit here and act like it encourages overweight people to exercise is far fetched lol..why doesn't it encourage them to make healthier choices to lose weight..

lazy to go back and quote but, no, I'm not bothered by overweight people, I don't give a *kitten* if they're overweight. I have family members who are overweight and whine about how unhappy they are with their weight but you know what? Showing them this picture and article isn't going to help them get up off the couch and exercise, that's for sure lol. They either want to change or they don't... I'm not going to sit here and act like being overweight is okay though. This idea that it encourages overweight people to exercise is ridiculous and is exactly what I mean by acceptance because exercise alone is not a "healthy" lifestyle.

Also to @fatgirlclub Good for you that your taking action. But like anywhere on the internet, people will have their own views and you will disagree. If you feel put down then, damn, build some tougher skin and go after your goals? It shouldn't make no difference what I or anyone else says..
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I'll just leave this here..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXDEe_bg9lM
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    omg...leaves thread..enough is enough.
  • tomatoey
    edited August 2015
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »

Running gets touted all over the place as being the "best cardio to lose weight" (highest calorie burn, free, slims legs down - have a google on the quoted phrase to see what comes up). The hype makes it sound really good to people who otherwise would be just as happy swimming or cycling or dancing. If people's goals mostly involve losing some weight and being more active, there are approximately 50 things I can think of that could accomplish that without ligament damage being a reasonably high probability (not just possibility). If people really want to be runners, they're obviously just going to do it. They'll do what they want anyway.
  • ThomasWright1997
    ThomasWright1997 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Well, I suppose, fat people do fl
    The body is an organic machine with a cumulative stress and duty life.

Will you wear your out before disease gets you? Or lifestyle gets you via self imposed disease?

Some habits are more damaging than others. There is also the relative recuperative power that varies from person to person

I'm taking good care of my body to enjoy all aspects of life as much as I can.

If someone else decides to carry 40 lbs of fat and smoke, rock on brother. Your choices and your life

I like being able to roll out of bed and do a sprint triathslon with no prep/warning and complete it.

Your mileage may vary.

Well said!

Clap.gif