Let's have an actual chat - no "would you date/*kitten*/marry/add the person below you" games

Options

Replies

• riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Hey Riirii :) How's your day been so far?

been having a busy weekend! i want some downtime but i know more action is coming on wednesday, uyy!! lol purring myrrh, prison tostada!! why not just buy a package of tostadas? :)
  • riirii93_
    Options
    I have a permanent scar right next to my hoo-ha from sitting on a hot nickel with a dress on.

thats very interesting lollll
  • riirii93_
    Options
    Well it's Sunday, at least some of you must have some embarrassing stories about what you did under the influence of alcohol last night, do share :)

i am not sure if i should be as proud of this as i am but i got a good buzz off of a nice glass of rose cava last night, and it lasted for 3 hrs lololol.
  • dieselkid59
    dieselkid59 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Chris. I'm from the Pacific NW. I love being outdoors and I a huge gear head
  • Nevertoold2015
    Nevertoold2015 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    @Nevertoold2015 - go and have a look! They usually offer free trials. The first classes are always terrible in terms of feeling like a complete uncoordinated loser but don't let that be a deterrent because you will soon "get it". And I also have never come across a place where they made me feel bad - always have been lucky to go to places where they encourage beginners and make you feel welcome.

Strongly recommend it.

Before I needed to lose weight (blame the baby-weight and subsequent post-natal depression!) I kept fit by martial arts only and I looked just fine in a bikini!

Dunno how to post photos in the forum threads if I figure it out I can do a post.
    riirii93_ wrote: »
    Well it's Sunday, at least some of you must have some embarrassing stories about what you did under the influence of alcohol last night, do share :)

i am not sure if i should be as proud of this as i am but i got a good buzz off of a nice glass of rose cava last night, and it lasted for 3 hrs lololol.

That sounds like some awesome wine where do I get me a glass of that

• SunnyPacheco
    SunnyPacheco Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh you guys. 27.5 hours until our race goes live. Had a chance to drive the car last night, and honestly... it's terrifying. Ha ha. I think it will be a lot of fun when I get out on track and get comfortable... but it took me a few runs up and down the highway before I felt ok on the highway... so we'll see. She's fast and she's a rumbly beast. I can't wait to see how she handles on track.

I did a trial run of all my gear, and my *kitten* is slightly too fat for my race suit :( Not comfortable, but there's no time now to do anything about it. I can get it done up, and my fireproof shorts fit underneath... so that's that. I can't gain any more weight though - No money to replace the $1000 suit. Bah. Oh well. Helmet and Hans device are a cinch to use, so that's great.

Now I'm on to list making (tools and food) while the boys fix my dead pedal and change the drive shaft. FUN TIMES. ZOMG. RACING.

Checking into the thread. I was away in New Orleans this weekend!

How was the race?
  • hotpink_meow
    hotpink_meow Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Hello?
  • ParatroopVet
    ParatroopVet Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm Chuck and for a long time I tried to drink away my demons from Iraq.
    I'm sober now and dealing with life on life's terms. And it feels good.
  • duckie33
    duckie33 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    freak4iron wrote: »
    Hey guys, even though I doubt (no offense) this thread is going to go anywhere I'm willing to put in my bit. Just seems like most people in the forums are here to goof around.

Anyways I'm Josh and I've been an on and off member for 7 years. Health and fitness has always been important to me. I came back after some of my (very) poor lifestyle choices nearly killed me. I ended up having a stroke at the ripe age of 26 now I'm trying to get my body and mind back on par with where it used to be prior to that. I'm a huge into the outdoors, astronomy, physics and I like watching scifi movies and shows. Also naturally a hunter and sportsmen. There's my story, short version anyway

Ohh and I'm going to be moving to Australia At the end of September. Nothing against Wisconsin but I can't wait to leave this state and this country for a while!

Thanks for sharing...and welcome back AGAIN! Australia sounds like a nice change. I wish you the best!
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    freak4iron wrote: »
    Hey guys, even though I doubt (no offense) this thread is going to go anywhere I'm willing to put in my bit. Just seems like most people in the forums are here to goof around.

Anyways I'm Josh and I've been an on and off member for 7 years. Health and fitness has always been important to me. I came back after some of my (very) poor lifestyle choices nearly killed me. I ended up having a stroke at the ripe age of 26 now I'm trying to get my body and mind back on par with where it used to be prior to that. I'm a huge into the outdoors, astronomy, physics and I like watching scifi movies and shows. Also naturally a hunter and sportsmen. There's my story, short version anyway

Ohh and I'm going to be moving to Australia At the end of September. Nothing against Wisconsin but I can't wait to leave this state and this country for a while!

Damn right there is nothing wrong with wisconsin! ;) leave where the weather wants to kill you to go where wildlife wants to kill you.
  • duckie33
    Options
    I'm Nicole. I'm 45 yrs. and love playing the drums. And, where the average family sets up living room furniture, my drums occupy the space. LOL! B.Y.O.C. (if you plan to visit me, you may want to bring your own chair :lol: )
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I'm Chuck and for a long time I tried to drink away my demons from Iraq.
    I'm sober now and dealing with life on life's terms. And it feels good.

Thank you for your service and putting your life on the line. Glad you found the courage to take yours back!

• duckie33
    Options
    Hey...I'm on vacation and just getting up. I'm not going to say my age cause I'm way older than you all but I'm bored and the only one awake so I'm here. Haha

We might actually be in the same age group. I graduated high school in '88. Hope you're having a great time vacationing.
  • rebbylicious
    Options
    mscheftg wrote: »
    I'm 31. I was a teacher for 6 years and then they cut my position, so now I'm working two part-time jobs that don't pay all of my bills, but I dread having to find a third part-time job. I'd get a new full-time job, but I feel bad leaving either place I'm currently working. And I still would probably need another part-time job.

I've been on MFP for like 5ish years. But I didn't use the message board feature until about a year or two ago. A year ago I said I was going to get serious about getting healthy. That has not happened.

I'm not much of a partier, either. I'd much rather sit around chatting with my friends or playing board games.
    Hey monica :)
  • rebbylicious
    Options
    I figure I should formally introduce myself. 35- mother of 4, I am happy to participate in a non dating thread because I am married. I am a home studio potter and ceramic artist. I am also in the process of beginning with real estate. I have been working at my weight loss goal for about 2 years but I took a few months off. The changes are slow but I would rather change slow than change too fast and gain it all back. I am a little less than half way with my goals.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I am procrastinating - I leave work in under 30 minutes and have no desire to do any more work.

Someone wanted a drink story? I have lots. From when I was a young hooligan. Now I hardly ever drink apart from the odd beer here and there and glass of red wine. Or occasional scotch & coke.

One time in the olden days we went camping with some friends (all heavy metal types back then) at a beach. Lots of vodka and orange later (never again!) and after hacking my friend up with a fishing knife inside a pentagram made from dead mutton birds that were washed up on the beach - and no - nothing satanic happening so please no need to think I was some crazy devil worshipper etc etc....

where was I?

Oh yeah - we got nekkid and ran through other people's campsites whilst yelling and jumping over bonfires and the such that got in our way.

Then at some point I was vomiting in a hole I had dug like a dog. Yes - like a dog. I remember saying "dogs dig holes like this" and then barfing in the hole.

I have not drunk vodka since.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Oh man, just mixed my Dark Chocolate almonds with my Chocolate trail mix.....I think I'm feeling a little nutty.
  • Hea1thyGam3r
    Hea1thyGam3r Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    But are you as nutty as a snickers bar, yet?
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Well, we survived the race. And the car (mostly) survived! Well... Kind of. We ended up with overheating issues in the first two hours - spent the next 12 hours fixing. We blew up two rads, and the head gaskets... ended up buying a new rad, putting in new head gaskets, and by some strange mercy... found a place to machine our heads at 11 pm. Right around 9 pm, half of our 6 person team decided it was "too hard" and went home... which made me feel very very punchy. But we got back on track around 4 am, and thanks to them leaving, I got over 4 hours of seat time (vs. likely not getting to drive at all). We were almost not last... but I couldn't get any more speed out of her, as we were still having carburetor issues all morning and had zero get up and go over 3000 RPM (ie. no speed, all fuel savings... lame). I was so excited to have taken the checkers, as I've never had the opportunity to close a race before (BF usually does it, as he's an excellent and fast driver, so he does the last hour to scramble up as many positions as he can). We ended up with a "hard luck" trophy (as we spent the most time off the track, but finished the race)/"moving pylon" trophy (because I was not fast). So... it was nice to take home some hardware even though we didn't really "win" anything.
    ljqkyf0oac8m.jpg
    How we spent most of our night

7jt6qpv1y568.jpg
    We took off the bumper, installed some air flow holes, and removed the hood all in the name of cooling. This is after installing the new rad, but before testing to see if there was more overheating. We figured that we'd rather strip the car down too much, instead of blowing another rad/new gaskets.

bwd6bxfiwbhg.jpg
    Just getting ready to get in the car for the first time. I found it really nerve-wracking to race against local people. If you crash or act like an *kitten*, you have to see these people again. When you travel... you don't see them until the next race! At any rate, I sat in the car for 10 minutes while a few last minute things were done to it, and I sat and reviewed the track, and tried not to barf.

1bmik77zx97o.jpg
    All of the trophies are made out of car parts, this one is ours. Our kids adored that the trophy is Wall-E, so that was fun. While the other ones were much more complex and larger, I was secretly hoping that we'd win this one.

obz0togzvpo3.jpg
    This was how we spent so much of the night. Machining the heads took a long time, but needed to be done. We couldn't have finished the race without doing it, but it definitely took us out of any kind of running. At least all the issues except the carb issue were worked out during this race. Next time we'll have a top-notch car (that will be terrifyingly fast).
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Okay, this chick ^^ kicks a$s. :):drinker:

I hope the ribs I just rubbed down for tomorrow are even half as awesome.