Replies

• kinu21_82
    kinu21_82 Posts: 116 Member
    8/2 - 2.5 Miles
    8/3 - 2.5 Miles

exercise.png
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    @Sawara I am guessing that you are a Fellow Canadian ( km )
    Add 10km to your goal and beat me across the finish line.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    edited August 2015
    Sitting outside and enjoying an IPA after my second run for the month. I've got 10.5/90 completed. ... Because I love this group so much, here is my "I hate mosquitoes!" selfie.

@melaniefave41 Ha! The many faces of Melanie -- for putting art before bug bites I'm toasting you with my second IPA of the evening. Mosquitoes and I have a love hate relationship. They love me, I hate them, but at least they keep me running so they aren't all bad.

exercise.png
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    Month to date:		013.95 km
    Goal:			322 km / 200 miles (4% completed)
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    Aug 01 10.60 km Trails both wide + single track
    Aug 02 ----- Cycling while visiting family
    Aug 03 03.35 km Shortest run I've done in months. Too early and a long travel day lay ahead :-(

Inauspicious start to my month given the goal I've set myself, and I don't see any long runs in the near term given the family agenda. C'est la vie!
  • estepicursor
    estepicursor Posts: 500 Member
    8/1 - 4 miles
    8/3 - 3 miles

exercise.png
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    8/1 3.2 @ 10:55 (my first 5K race--33:43, plus a little cool down)
    8/2 5 @ 20:00 Hiking
    8/3 4.5 walking (about an 18 min mile--with a lot of stops. Walking children and dog) Today was supposed to be a rest day, so ok, but I haven't run since Saturday and I'm feeling a little twitchy.

exercise.png
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,481 Member
    I'm finally on the board with 5.7 miles. Great run tonight, but a little bit of calf pain towads the end so I walked it back to my truck.

ibrcmyi14es5.jpeg

2ehg0zrbi7bm.jpeg

• exercise.png
  • GenoPrice
    GenoPrice Posts: 477 Member

exercise.png

10Km this morning

• JimCrackinDandy
    JimCrackinDandy Posts: 146 Member
    Nice job getting your run in early before the rain @shell1005 Lovely trail for those mosquitoes to live on @melaniefave41 ! No wonder they are trying to protect it ;) I've been saying all summer, I'll run on a trail. I don't want to lie. I'll try soon. Just nervous about all those ogres, I heard tell about @WhatMeRunning !
    Today is circuit training day. Tomorrow, the glorious long run!

exercise.png

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Date Miles today. Miles for August

8/1 17 miles - 17
    8/2 REST DAY
    8/3 10.5 miles - 27.5
    8/4 9.25 miles - 36.75

exercise.png

• jtarmom
    jtarmom Posts: 228 Member
    Goal: 40 miles

8/4 - 3.66 miles. Darn ITB bothered me around 3. I thought I was over this.

exercise.png[\img]
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Sitting outside and enjoying an IPA after my second run for the month. I've got 10.5/90 completed. Went back to the dense and mosquito-filled trail today. I know they're bad everywhere, but at this particular trail I dread even having to pause long enough to tie a shoe. Yay Black Swamp...... Because I love this group so much, here is my "I hate mosquitoes!" selfie. It's ok to laugh.p0beiybedamr.jpg

Hahahahaha! Love it! Plus, IPA = yum
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    8/1 - 5.82 mi
    8/2 - 4.05 mi
    8/3 - 4.35 mi of on-track speed work...tough!
    8/4 - Rest day; might sneak in a walk this evening though.

Go get it everyone!
  • demoiselle2014
    demoiselle2014 Posts: 474 Member
    Here I am, skipping my first running day in weeks because I need to give my shins time to recover. I've cut out all the high impact exercise I've been doing and started looking into running-specific exercises and stretches. Did yoga this morning, then the stretches in the video posted above. My shins feel slightly better after the stretches, but I've still got an occasional dull ache. I guess it's a good thing I figured out what was going on when I did, or it might be worse.

I guess I'll probably be taking a full week off running. Today, I'm taking a class to try to learn how to ride a bike. Now, if only I had a bike . . .
  • kellyship17
    kellyship17 Posts: 112 Member
    8/1 rest
    8/2 rest
    8/3 3 miles
    8/4 3 miles

6 / 60 miles done! I signed up for my first half marathon yesterday so I am now working on increasing my weekly mileage gradually.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,481 Member
    I forgot to post pictures from last night's run. After work my wife and I had sailing lesson on Lake Calhoun (just preliminary stuff last night...didn't actually get to sail yet) and afterwords I went running around two of our beautiful lakes. A beautiful, flat paved trail with fantastic people watching and scenery. If you're ever in Minneapolis, you'll want to run around Lake Calhoun, Lake Harriet, and Lake of the Isles. Each of the lakes has a very different vibe to it. Another sailing lesson tonight, followed by more running.

These pictures are from Lake Calhoun
    mweqxvckriti.jpg

aegw3ucpq6v2.jpg

• vivimigot
    vivimigot Posts: 12 Member
    Hello :smiley:
    3.08 -9.5 km of walking (very brisk pace)
    4.08 -4km of walking and 6.4km of running + my C25K graduation - I'm so happy!

exercise.png
  • Up4MoreRunning
    Up4MoreRunning Posts: 5 Member
    Hello, this is my first time posting in this group. I'm training for a 10 mile trail race on November 1st. I've been running fairly consistently for a while. 60 miles is my goal for August.
    8/1 - 6.1
    8/4 - 4.7
  • mandync5497
    mandync5497 Posts: 56 Member
    8/3 - 2.02 miles
    8/4 - 2.11 miles
    exercise.png