Walked 16.73
    Total 20.73 miles

Goal: run 100
    Total 300
  • aleph_0
    aleph_0 Posts: 30 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'll join! I'll try for 30 km this month as I'm just starting out and want to set an attainable goal. Starting C25k tomorrow :)

8/1: 3.4 km
    8/2: Rest day (or better, lifting day, but I didn't run, so...)
    8/3: 2.6 km

(edit: dates are hard...)
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Does anyone here warm up using the Lunge Matrix? I came across this on a local running website and I think I'm going to try it this week.

http://minneapolisrunning.com/think-you-know-how-to-warmup-chances-are-youre-doing-it-wrong/

As an aside, how can you not love a running website that has an article like this:
    http://minneapolisrunning.com/best-places-for-runners-to-poop-in-minneapolis/
  • siobhanbyrne600
    siobhanbyrne600 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am new to this but will try and do 50 miles
  • unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm finally off the mark for August. Just over 3km on a very pleasant evening.

exercise.png
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    karllundy wrote: »
    @kristinegift - Ouch! Wouldn't worry about matching the tape, but if it makes you feel better.
    @kristinegift too funny on the green tape, Skip has some Nike shorts and a tank you need. You can see her 3 miles away.

Haha, I mostly don't want to look (too) silly in my class/work clothes since it's all dresses/skirts this summer while it's hot hot hot. But I think all my floral prints will come in handy... nature is green, right? ;)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    Does anyone here warm up using the Lunge Matrix? I came across this on a local running website and I think I'm going to try it this week.

http://minneapolisrunning.com/think-you-know-how-to-warmup-chances-are-youre-doing-it-wrong/

As an aside, how can you not love a running website that has an article like this:

HA- I'm so lazy- for my short runs I just start out jogging.... by 1/2-1 mile in I'm feeling better- but I typically skip warm ups on the short ones. I stretch/roll when I'm done.

I should not do that- but well. I'm lazy. and it's warm enough I can get away with it right now.
  • KOW75
    KOW75 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Shooting for 100, despite the heat!

8/1 - 13.1
    8/2 - Rest

exercise.png
  • melaniefave41
    melaniefave41 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Sitting outside and enjoying an IPA after my second run for the month. I've got 10.5/90 completed. Went back to the dense and mosquito-filled trail today. I know they're bad everywhere, but at this particular trail I dread even having to pause long enough to tie a shoe. Yay Black Swamp...... Because I love this group so much, here is my "I hate mosquitoes!" selfie. It's ok to laugh.p0beiybedamr.jpg
  • username301
    username301 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    August targets:

Runs 13.................1
    Ttl distance 74k....5k
    Long run 8k...........5k
    Interval 20/1..........10/1

3/8......5k.........10/1........44.27
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »

#1 - that looks really interesting. I may try that too. I go to trainer tomorrow and may have him look at it and make sure I am doing it right. I'm running in the morning, so will do my normal lame warm-up, which is just walking fast.

#2 - pun intended -- I have needed a bathroom many times on runs. Just when I think I've got my body trained properly, bam, I need to find a restroom on a run. What a great idea for an app! Places for runners to poop. Maybe there already is one. I know there is a "find a restroom app", which I suppose would work for runners as well.

Welcome to all the new runners! Any goal is respectable. We all started somewhere. I started with Couch to 5K last summer and now am addicted to running. Never thought I'd be a runner! And now I am! Great support in here. :smiley:
  • tiffyree23
    tiffyree23 Posts: 52 Member
    Options

8/1 3 mi walked, 15 min yoga, 30 min circuit wts
    8/3 3 mi walked
    total: 6/60
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    ddmom0811 wrote: »
    Any goal is respectable. We all started somewhere. I started with Couch to 5K last summer and now am addicted to running. Never thought I'd be a runner! And now I am! Great support in here. :smiley:
    Goal of 70 Km in August.
    My Normal routine is 5km/run and 2 runs/week = 40km/month.
    If I manage to make all of the Sunday morning runs with the local running club I will probably easily break through this as they tend to be longer Rough Trail and Hill runs.
    Have all ways been inspired by all the people with different running experience offering support to each other.
    Usually just reading (lurking) for motivation and drop the odd funny ( what the hill- nice shoes ) I have to up my running to compensate for the 30 day Maintenance Closure of our Local Swimming Pool. Replace my 3/4 swims per week with a few more runs, which is why I upped my goal to 70 Km. Darn ticker keeps showing 40Km even though I changed it to 70Km.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    8/1 7km
    exercise.png
  • Sawara
    Sawara Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    running beginner! will aim for 60kms or 40miles

exercise.png

• CrimsonWhite
    CrimsonWhite Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    8/1 4.75 miles
    8/3 3.25 miles
    Total of 8 miles out of my goal of 40 miles.