dstock80 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    8/1: 2 miles
    8/2: 4 miles

exercise.png
  • HerbertCL
    HerbertCL Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Think I'll aim for 40 miles this time around. . . here goes nothin'!

exercise.png
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today. Miles for August

8/1 17 miles - 17
    8/2 REST DAY
    8/3 10.5 miles - 27.5

exercise.png

• JimCrackinDandy
    JimCrackinDandy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    @ddmom0811 - Thinking of that early am run for you today! Many blessings to you as you start the new school year. The kids don't come back this early do they? Just the teachers? We start the 24th.
    @shanaber - Hoping you and your family feel much better today. You've also an early start to your day filled with meetings.
    @skippygirlsmom - Oh my! Thanks for sharing the video. I would love to organize something like that out here.
    Glad your'e back for August @tdbernrd and @username3001 ! It's going to be a lovely month!
    7 miles today

exercise.png
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    8/1: 5 miles
    8/2: 11.5 miles
    8/3: 4 miles

Between Saturday's run and today's, I have determined which shoes caused my Achilles issue. Unfortunately, this means the heel has flared up. I guess I'm going to have to figure out which clothing I own matches lime green KT tape this week. Glad to be cross-training tomorrow!

20.5/200

exercise.png
  • vandinem
    vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    It is ironic that in a few short months I'll be complaining about the cold, and yearning for the heat and humidity that today inspired a miserable 5 miles. Lots of starting and stopping, but I got through it!

exercise.png
  • traci9028
    traci9028 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    HonuNui wrote: »
    I'll go for only 60 this month: I expect my mileage to be affected by adding Lily to our tandem leash....and learning to lead 3 dogs now instead of 2 (for a total of 185 additional pounds of "pull"!)

lily.jpg

Wow! I'm impressed. I haven't had the courage to do that yet. I have only taken one of our dogs at a time. Would love to see a photo of all four of you on a run! Great job!
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    All - I think we may be a dog group with a running problem.

@kirstinegift - Ouch! Wouldn't worry about matching the tape, but if it makes you feel better.
    @Stoshew71 - thank you for once again organizing all this for us knuckleheads.
    @JimCrackinDandy - those are some fantastic times!
    @WhatMeRunning - Your ogre stories are fantastic! Make me laugh every time!

Working with a HM training group this month, mixes things up better than I do on my own.

8/1 - 5.82 mi
    8/2 - 4.05 mi
    8/3 - 4.35 mi of on-track speed work...tough!
    exercise.png
  • traci9028
    traci9028 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    exercise.png[img][/img]
  • ccohoon4
    ccohoon4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just getting back into running after being lazy for a while. I'm shooting for 40 miles.
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    @ddmom0811 - Thinking of that early am run for you today! Many blessings to you as you start the new school year. The kids don't come back this early do they? Just the teachers?
    Kids come back the 12th. We have lots of in-service stuff going on.

Aug 1 - 43 mile bike ride
    Aug 2 - 37 mile bike ride
    Aug 3 - 4.1 miles - back to my 4:30am runs. It was great! Peaceful, weather was great, and ankles did well once I warmed them up! Apparently instead of being really positive and thinking things are going to be great, I am better off dreading things, and then they are never as bad as they seemed. :wink:

exercise.png
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    karllundy wrote: »
    All - I think we may be a dog group with a running problem.
    LOL - I don't have a dog that I can run with, he's too tiny. But I am definitely a dog person! When I went to a running store here last week they had 3 Rhodesian Ridgebacks puppies they were holding for a pet rescue organization. They were socializing them, and I think hoping to adopt them out. They said they would be great Florida running dogs because they are from Africa. So cute! I was very tempted but I just don't have time for all the puppy stuff.

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    8/1 - 10 miles
    8/2 - 3.2 miles
    8/3 - 5.5 miles 1st day of school here, can't believe my baby is a Sophomore!

18.7 miles of 120

exercise.png

@shanaber I hope you feel better soon
    @kristinegift too funny on the green tape, Skip has some Nike shorts and a tank you need. You can see her 3 miles away.
    @karllundy ha ha we are definitely a group with a lot of dogs!
    @ddmom0811 happy first day back to work :smiley:

It just couldn't be nicer this morning, 65 degrees and no humidity to speak of, awesome!! Dropped Skip off at school, I love her, everyone else is jeans and shorts and tee shirts and she was all dressed up in a dress. :heart:
  • Erin9607
    Erin9607 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    It goes fast doesn't it? My daughter is 19, but my son is only 8 (yawn). Boys are SO different lol. Hopefully the running will get my energy level back up - so I can keep up
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone- It was such a god send- I was literally on the verge of tears at the thought of missing my 5 miler- I know it's not honestly that far- but this early in the programming it's CRUCIAL to hi those "long runs" before they get to a point of "not being able to catch up... so yeah- just so grateful. Anyone in north jersey looking for shoes- go hit up Runners' House 688 Westwood Ave Rivervale, NJ 07675- Russ is the gentleman who helped me- he and his brother James on the place.
    @JoRocka : What a saga! Glad you got the run in though. As a Saucony die-hard, I gotta ask: model is that? Love love love the colors!

sorry- had to check the box and didn't get a chance to post Fastwitch- fasttwitch.

2 days off in a row for me- Sunday/Monday are none run days- back to it tomorrow. I did scout out some local hill runs so I don't have to go visit him every time I need to run hills! I found a dousie north of Trenton- but the rode is tiny- will have be careful and run very early and hopefully not get hit!
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Hi, new here, I'll try for 30 miles.
  • CancerSurvivor2014
    CancerSurvivor2014 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    August goal 45 miles/completed 4 so far

Today I did 4miles :1 mile in warm ups and cool down. Plus a good 3 mile slow jog at the track after lifting.
    So new total is 8 completed. 37 to go

August: 8 of 45 complete
  • truelight_photo_craig
    Options
    5k today...

exercise.png
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    8/3/15 - 10 miles

exercise.png