Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited August 2015

8.1.15.... 5.41 M... 52:30.
    8.2.15.....Rest
    8.3.15.... 1 HR Lift + 2 hrs dance
    8.4.15..... 3.19 M.... 28:10 Afternoon Hot Run + 2 hrs of dance
    8.5.15....... 4.18 M....39:06 Nice cool morning run- feeling stiff- but solid- disappointed with the slowness.
    8.5.15......... PR Chiro Appointment

12.78 Of 75 miles for me. Happy Jo is happy!

• kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    8/1: 5 miles
    8/2: 11.5 miles
    8/3: 4 miles
    8/4: XT day: 42 min bike (12 miles) and 35 min walk (2 miles), AKA: 2 episodes of Gilmore Girls
    8/5: 8 miles

Perfect morning today: 64 degrees, humidity around 75-80%, cloudy and a tiny breeze. Wasn't sure how I'd feel since I woke up an hour before my alarm with cramps and a headache, but by the time I headed out the door I felt fine. Phew! Really solid pace this morning as well; this cut-back week is doing my body lots of good. I can feel it!

28.5/200

exercise.png
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Date Miles today. Miles for August

8/1 17 miles - 17
    8/2 REST DAY
    8/3 10.5 miles - 27.5
    8/4 9.25 miles - 36.75
    8/5 5.65 miles - 42.4

exercise.png

• karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    8/1 - 5.82 mi
    8/2 - 4.05 mi
    8/3 - 4.35 mi of on-track speed work...tough!
    8/4 - Rest day; might sneak in a walk this evening though.
    8/5 - 2.0 mi on indoor track; 45 minutes of aerobics / cross-training with HM group. Reminds me I am not in as good of shape as I sometimes think.

exercise.png
  • Mopar88
    Mopar88 Posts: 54 Member
    exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Rest day for me, so you get my rest day picture. This is Skip running with me, she is the cat - well duh obviously. We have a 5K to run Saturday morning, looking forward to it, it's mostly an off the road trail and some road.

qypvj37gal09.jpg

@honunui love the ocean view, you are amazing with the dogs.
    @juliet3455 sorry about your truck, but a great job during lemons into lemonade with the run
    @shanaber glad you are feeling better, are you close to the fires?
    @7lenny7 I hope you got to sleep in your own bed, the meal sounded fantastic!

• Knyvern
    Knyvern Posts: 182 Member
    2.25 in the heat.

exercise.png
  • Stoshew71
    shanaber wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    Here I am, skipping my first running day in weeks because I need to give my shins time to recover. I've cut out all the high impact exercise I've been doing and started looking into running-specific exercises and stretches. Did yoga this morning, then the stretches in the video posted above. My shins feel slightly better after the stretches, but I've still got an occasional dull ache. I guess it's a good thing I figured out what was going on when I did, or it might be worse.

I guess I'll probably be taking a full week off running. Today, I'm taking a class to try to learn how to ride a bike. Now, if only I had a bike . . .

Keep doing the video. In time, those shins, calves, and ankles will become very loose. It's not something you do just once.
    mobility/tightness/injury prevention is an ongoing battle- and when you "fix" one you move on to the next. the more you can stay up on it the better off you'll be.
    @demoiselle2014 - It needs to be a routine - something you always do before or after you run or both...

Dynamic stretching only before a run. Static stretching can be done after a run.

• JimCrackinDandy
    JimCrackinDandy Posts: 146 Member
    Hey Trailies -I made plans this Saturday to run on a "Trails to Rails" trail. Does that count? I hope to meet my friend and run with her early.
    @shanaber - I'm also glad to hear you're feeling better!
    @juliet3455 - You're amazing to me! I hope your boss knows about your dedication.
    @skippygirlsmom - Yep, totally relate to the turtle. I was passed once by a 72yr old walking! Oh yeah. Well, my lover-ly Hubby jokes with me, making like he's passing me in our living room or kitchen using a walker--- like this--
    c0o70uh3ush2.jpg
    Oh how I love that man! He sure makes me laugh.

12 miles today here. Beautiful day. Lost the cap to the hydration bottle on the back of my hippy Nathan belt. Eeeks. Drove the route twice looking for it. I'm sure it's been eaten by Road Ogre!

exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    @skippygirlsmom - Yep, totally relate to the turtle. I was passed once by a 72yr old walking! Oh yeah. Well, my lover-ly Hubby jokes with me, making like he's passing me in our living room or kitchen using a walker--- like this--
    c0o70uh3ush2.jpg

12 miles today here. Beautiful day. Lost the cap to the hydration bottle on the back of my hippy Nathan belt. Eeeks. Drove the route twice looking for it. I'm sure it's been eaten by Road Ogre!

You sound like a match made in Heaven, I enjoy your sense of humor! I tell Skip you go ahead and make fun of me, I'll "race" you for distance any day.

• bigorangemichael
    bigorangemichael Posts: 27 Member
    I'm going to try for 140 in August.

exercise.png

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Hey Trailies -I made plans this Saturday to run on a "Trails to Rails" trail. Does that count? I hope to meet my friend and run with her early.
    @shanaber - I'm also glad to hear you're feeling better!
    @juliet3455 - You're amazing to me! I hope your boss knows about your dedication.
    c0o70uh3ush2.jpg

exercise.png

I'm a firm believer that the worse the humor- the better the love. Mine constantly is telling me my voice is like ear sand paper and he only stays with me for my butt- which is okay because I've interviewed and hired him on as my bacon cooker- because I can't cook bacon.

So it's a fair trade LOL
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    3/1--3.36 miles
    3/2--rest day
    3/3--3.7 miles
    3/4--Strong Curves A
    3/5--4.13 miles

exercise.png
  • CancerSurvivor2014
    CancerSurvivor2014 Posts: 111 Member
    Two half mile jogs(6mph) on treadmill this morning prior to my HIIT on the elliptical
    Goal 45 miles
    Completed 10
    35 to go
  • spangolin
    spangolin Posts: 28 Member
    5 more today
    exercise.png
  • Nettiejb
    Nettiejb Posts: 18 Member
    http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wJ5rmjR/exercise.png
    I'm not sure if this had worked. .but I have done an 8 mile run today. .taking my total to 24.5 miles so far for August :-) super proud of my achievement so far :-)
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,373 Member
    @skippygirlsmom - love the picture! Definitely a turtle here too :) I am not near the fires - we have some locally in the hills here but the worst ones are in No California around Sacramento.
    @juliet3455 - I think it is awesome that you ran to work and back home at the end of the day! I am also pretty impressed that you replaced the alternator! Wish I could get my daughter to do things like that! I am pretty sure you have earned those new running shoes!
    @JimCrackinDandy - great job on the 12 miles today! I have heard about the Rails to Trails project and think it is such a fantastic idea resulting in some really awesome trails for running and cycling!
    @Nettiejb - You need to copy what is in the bbcode: box on the Ticker site. It is easiest to just copy everything there including the [url=.... at the beginning all the way to and including the [/url] at the end.

I saw this today and had to share it - John Stewart and Tom Cruise end up talking about getting into shape and C25K, pretty funny. It is at about the 4:15 mark but I enjoyed the entire interview!
    http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/t8urnk/tom-cruise

I got up early and out for a fast run before my first early meeting. It was already hot and is supposed to be 95 today. I even had a couple of miles under 10 mins and managed to drive my HR up to 140!
    Date.......Miles......Total
    08/01.....8.45.......8.45
    08/02.....0.00.......8.45 - rest
    08/03.....0.00.......8.45 - unplanned rest +Agility
    08/04.....5.11.....13.56 - +Strength training
    08/05.....4.18.....17.74

exercise.png
  • kellyship17
    kellyship17 Posts: 112 Member
    8/1 rest
    8/2 rest
    8/3 3 miles
    8/4 3 miles
    8/5 3 miles

9 / 60 miles done!

I ran a 5K today to take a break from a very frustrating research project.
  • Stoshew71
    edited August 2015
    Nettiejb wrote: »
    http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wJ5rmjR/exercise.png
    I'm not sure if this had worked. .but I have done an 8 mile run today. .taking my total to 24.5 miles so far for August :-) super proud of my achievement so far :-)

You are missing the [ img] before http and the [ /img] after png (removing the space within the brackets before posting).

Great job!
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member

8/3/15 - 10 miles
    8/4/15 - 5.34 miles
    8/5/15 - 4 miles

exercise.png