Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    @shibaears you so deserve a do over that is just unfair! I hope you feel better soon and same with momma!
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I am getting my skin cancer cut out today. I had no idea no running, riding, swimming, or anything but walking or the stationary bike after 2 days for TWO weeks. I am not happy.

Not to mention the sound of the snipping of my flesh is making me a bit nauseous.

*shudders at the sound of snipping flesh

I had no idea that you'd have such exercise restrictions after the procedure. Huh. I wonder why? Man, I feel like you might go crazy not being able to do all the things you're used to for 2 weeks! Ack!

Layman's explanation is that exercise increases the odds of infection by risking opening the wound and getting sweat and staph from your outer skin in it.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh - this makes sense! Ok, then. Nobody wants a staph infection... Thanks @MelissaPhippsFeagins !
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I'm finally caught up on 550+ posts, but I read fast so I'm sure I missed something.

I got sick over the long weekend - woke up at 3am Saturday morning to throw up, spent the rest of the day sleeping and feverish. I'm just starting to feel normal today, and I'm really ticked I missed out on my long weekend. No shopping with my mom, no hiking with my dog, no going to watch my friend's husband's band play, no drinks on the patio. I demand a do-over. Can we make the next 3 days a weekend, please? :smiley:

My parents were over to help work on the patio Saturday (with just my brother & his girlfriend, since I was unable to help) and it was nice to have my mom there. Even though I'm 30 and haven't lived at home for 8+ years, she made me soup and took care of me while she was there. Maybe I should be a bit embarrassed but it was nice lol.

But my poor mom ended up with it Saturday night - not from me, we'd been at my aunt's house the same night, where I'm sure we picked it up from.

Glad you're starting to feel normal again. I LOVE it when my mom, or anyone really, takes care of me when I'm not feeling well. It gives you time to rest without having to worry about everything that needs to be done. Don't be embarrassed. Be thankful!

• TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I got the red and gray ones...but they are actually gray and pink, kind of. I love them! They are so light...weigh almost nothing.

I like these!!!
    http://www.newbalance.com/women/shoes/training-1/

I like those too! New Balance shoes are my favorite!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    fun lil bit of info for those who may care:

mr jaye and i have decided to make the relationship "official"
    we've both shut down our dating profiles and are now exclusive.
    he's met my bff, i've met his, it's been pretty awesome!
    he's kinda amazing and it boggles my mind why he'd be crazy about me, but i'm totally running with it! :D

thanks to all the peeps that were supportive during my "post date updates" you guys gave me so much insight and encouragement, which was absolutely appreciated and greatly needed. <3

That's awesome! Glad things are going so well!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to get a police check and medical exam soon to apply for my Canada permanent residency and I am absolutely terrified. Not about the police check, but I KNOW I'm going to have to get a blood test and just knowing that makes me feel woozy and teary. On top of that I read a review of the place I am most likely going that said the woman giving the blood test made everything painful... oh please don't let that be the case for me.

The last time I got a blood test I passed out on the floor and woke up utterly confused and nauseous, wondering if the woman above me was my mom and being scared that I didn't remember anything. Passing out is something I have a great phobia of. :( Blegh blood tests.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
  • Brandi92809
    Brandi92809 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    When I watch any weight loss show, I stuff my face with junk food for the entire length of the show. Im pretty sure I am not the onlt one. :)
  • Brandi92809
    Brandi92809 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    When I watch any weight loss show, I stuff my face with junk food for the entire length of the show. Im pretty sure I am not the onlt one. :)
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to get a police check and medical exam soon to apply for my Canada permanent residency and I am absolutely terrified. Not about the police check, but I KNOW I'm going to have to get a blood test and just knowing that makes me feel woozy and teary. On top of that I read a review of the place I am most likely going that said the woman giving the blood test made everything painful... oh please don't let that be the case for me.

The last time I got a blood test I passed out on the floor and woke up utterly confused and nauseous, wondering if the woman above me was my mom and being scared that I didn't remember anything. Passing out is something I have a great phobia of. :( Blegh blood tests.

don't think about it! get yourself pseudo concerned with the background check and put the blood test on the back burner, the less you focus on it, the smaller it gets!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options

don't think about it! get yourself pseudo concerned with the background check and put the blood test on the back burner, the less you focus on it, the smaller it gets!
    Thank you for your advice! Maybe I can try tricking my brain into thinking the police are gonna find something on me (I have never been in trouble with the law) :lol: I've been sitting here shaking and crying over the dumb blood test, which is just a blip on a map in terms of all the other problems going on in the world. This anxiety sure sucks, though.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

Easier said than done, but try not to think about it too much before hand. And if you're prone to passing out, let the techs know ahead of time, you're not the only one who passes out, so I'm sure they'll have a way to help you, or at least move you somewhere safe before it happens.

And hey, usually you get free juice if you feel light headed or dizzy! And any blood they take OBVIOUSLY negates any calories the juice has. :wink:
  • ShibaEars
    edited August 2015
    Options

No, no you're not. No Biggest Loser night was complete without cookies.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

Make sure you warn the staff, ahead of time if possible. Honestly, most nurses etc. that do a lot of blood tests are very used to people who are afraid of needles and they want to make it as easy as possible on both of you, so if you tell them that you're very frightened, they can make accommodations for you like doing the test in a bed or lounger instead of in a chair, taking extra time, and that kind of thing. They might even make sure that your appointment is with someone who usually works with children or who is known to be especially gentle.

I don't have a fear of needles but I've passed out a couple times after immunizations/bloodwork for unconfirmed reasons, so I now have to warn them beforehand in case and I can honestly say that not one person has been less than awesome about it. Even at the travel health clinic recently, the nurse gave me all my shots while I was lying on the couch to make sure I didn't topple off the chair or whatever and didn't make me feel silly about it at all. Even the pharmacist who gives me my flu shot goes out of his way to make sure I'm comfortable and safe. Don't hesitate to tell them how you feel so they can help you!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

he's kinda amazing and it boggles my mind why he'd be crazy about me, but i'm totally running with it! :D

thanks to all the peeps that were supportive during my "post date updates" you guys gave me so much insight and encouragement, which was absolutely appreciated and greatly needed. <3

That's awesome! Glad things are going so well!

Ditto...that is great!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I'm finally caught up on 550+ posts, but I read fast so I'm sure I missed something.

I got sick over the long weekend - woke up at 3am Saturday morning to throw up, spent the rest of the day sleeping and feverish. I'm just starting to feel normal today, and I'm really ticked I missed out on my long weekend. No shopping with my mom, no hiking with my dog, no going to watch my friend's husband's band play, no drinks on the patio. I demand a do-over. Can we make the next 3 days a weekend, please? :smiley:

My parents were over to help work on the patio Saturday (with just my brother & his girlfriend, since I was unable to help) and it was nice to have my mom there. Even though I'm 30 and haven't lived at home for 8+ years, she made me soup and took care of me while she was there. Maybe I should be a bit embarrassed but it was nice lol.

But my poor mom ended up with it Saturday night - not from me, we'd been at my aunt's house the same night, where I'm sure we picked it up from.

So sorry your weekend didn't go well. Being sick is the worst. But yes...its always nice to have Mommy take care of you. No matter what age.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I am getting my skin cancer cut out today. I had no idea no running, riding, swimming, or anything but walking or the stationary bike after 2 days for TWO weeks. I am not happy.

Not to mention the sound of the snipping of my flesh is making me a bit nauseous.

I had no idea that you'd have such exercise restrictions after the procedure. Huh. I wonder why? Man, I feel like you might go crazy not being able to do all the things you're used to for 2 weeks! Ack!

Me either! They told me 'restricted' for the first few days. When I got here they said nothing. I am not even supposed to WALK for 2 days (I think this is silly I plan on walking ). I almost left but figured I would never make it back. So here I am. I am sooo not happy. I have IM WI in 6 weeks! And I am already under trained. I am going to be a mess. Not to mention not RIDING!

Hope it all goes well @pofoster21 ! And I hope you don't have to wait a full 2 weeks to get active again. I think not riding would be the hardest part lol

Yes that is the truth. The riding is definitely the hardest part.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Layman's explanation is that exercise increases the odds of infection by risking opening the wound and getting sweat and staph from your outer skin in it.

Its also on my shoulder so movement would aggravate it. And according to them delay 2 weeks of healing to become 3 months...and the scar will be uglier.
  • ShibaEars
    edited August 2015
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

Glad you're starting to feel normal again. I LOVE it when my mom, or anyone really, takes care of me when I'm not feeling well. It gives you time to rest without having to worry about everything that needs to be done. Don't be embarrassed. Be thankful!

Very true! I am thankful. I don't think anyone else would've remembered that my dog needed supper, and if she hadn't brought soup from home I don't think I would've eaten anything all day. It's not something I keep in the house, but I really should.

Edited because it bolded incorrectly.
  • Oberon21
    edited August 2015
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Yay to this:

And this:
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

Oh, that's so lovely to hear! I hope things continue to go well for you two.
    If it helps, I'd been dating my husband for 3 weeks when I thought "I could marry this one". We've been married 21 years and still like each other.

that's so precious!!!
    secretly (and like totally on the dl) i've had that thought...a few times.
    i've also overheard him say the same thing to his bff.
    and yes, i'm a giddy fool ;)

ETA: I'm kind of sad that your post date updates are over though..

I expect we will still get post date updates!!!! Just the single guy now. :)

ETA: I EXPECT you to send updates. The way I worded that came out a bit odd. Could be construed negatively (not how it was meant).