Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,721 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I was looking earlier and it seems as if the modern gift for the 15th anniversary is a watch. The traditional is crystal, but I really can't think of anything crystal my husband would like. I think I'm going to get him a watch but I'm not sure how to sneak it to Florida with us without him know what it is. Do they allow wrapped items in a suitcase or carryon? I would hate for it to get lost of broken on the way there, so I would feel safer if it were in my carryon or in my backpack. Any suggestions on nice but not Rolex-priced time pieces? I was thinking Bulova or Citizen. Are those nice?!

Also, T-10 DAYS!!!

A couple years ago I bought my husband a really nice Invicta watch. He really likes it.

Not sure about what is allowed as far as pre-wrapped, but if it was me, I'd wrap it in something really soft and keep it in my carry-on and then wrap it for him when you get to your destination. You may even be able to make-shift wrap it in stationary or paper with the hotel / resort logo on it. That would be memorable, I'd think.

^^^THIS RIGHT HERE, is precisely why you're one of my favorite people in this thread. You're so thoughtful, helpful and creative. I love that idea of wrapping it in stationary or paper with the resort name/logo on it. Also, I've never heard of that brand before.

I'm feeling much less cranky/moody/homicidal now that I've eaten. :smile:

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Thank you everyone for supportive messages.

I have taken my tablets today and yesterday.

@MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green

Good for you!

I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

I may have been doing one in my head just then. :blush:
    Is your accent more Downton Abbey or Dick Van *kitten* Cockney?
    Edit: That's hilarious, it censored Dick Van D y k e!!

um, I'm not sure. I don't say governor, or tally ho ole chap (this reminds me of a friends episode where Ross is teaching a class and starts speaking with a TERRIBLE British accent).

It's more like Kate Winslet or Kate Beckensale. So what would that be?
    I talk a bit like Kate Winslet - Home Counties girl. Gwyneth Paltrow in Sliding Doors is another good example.
    Fun fact: Kate W's from Reading, and had her (first) wedding reception in the hall of the school where my friend's daughters went. They apparently served bangers and mash.

I live in Reading!!!!!!

Omg!!! I'm in Slough!! If you ever fancy meeting for a long walk or run or something, give me shout*

I hope that doesn't sound stalkery, I'd just love to have an mfp person to work out with

Jealous!!! Isn't Slough the name of the town that The Office was filmed in over there?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

@MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green

Good for you!

I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

Here, you have biscuits and tea. Cookies are 'merican

Alright, biscuits, then. :smile:

Biscuits always brings hard cookies to my mind, like Oreos or Digestives. Not that I have anything against them, but I want soft, chewy, gooey COOKIES! :o Or you know what? Gimme a scone. With butter.

YES, a scone! I'll take a scone and some tea!

Let's have a proper afternoon tea, with little sandwiches (not cucumber), cinnamon toast, little pastries, cakes and shortbread. And a nice light afternoon tea, Lady grey perhaps, or lapsing souchong

I LOVE tea sandwiches.

What's a tea sandwich? lol
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Checking in from page 918. I spent the last 37 hours in bed. No joke. On average, my Fitbit tells me I take 27,000 steps a day. Yesterday, my total was 414. I got so unbelievably sick Monday afternoon that I called my husband home from work early so I could rest. After lots and lots of vomiting(sorry) and sleeping and a tiny bit of food yesterday, I'm feeling much better. Not quite 100% but ok enough that my husband went back to work today (he took yesterday off because we don't have anyone else to help watch our son). Anyway, while I am very thankful that my husband took time off from work checking in on me and making sure I had everything I needed and he kept our son happy, fed, (and alive)...holy cow, the house(kitchen mostly) was a disaster! Like I said, I was literally in bed for 37 hours except for bathroom trips so when I came downstairs this morning...OMG! Dishes, crumbs, empty cans, cat's water bowl just about empty,..etc etc. Thank goodness I'm back to join the living because I'm afraid to see what the house would have looked like after another day without me!
    Hope everyone else is doing well..I've got some catching up to do...in between cleaning!! ;)
    ETA: I hope I don't sound b*tchy...I really do appreciate my husband..so, so much for so many things beyond helping me when I am sick. I think it's just nice to see that I am needed..he got a glimpse into my day as a stay at home mom...it's not just all relaxing with our son playing games, and having fun. There's cleaning, laundry, dishes, and meals to be made, cats to take care of, etc. etc.
    Ok enough.

You didn't sound b-word at all (to me at least). I think it is always a shock to people just how much stuff has to be done to keep a household up and going, especially if they never think about it. I've even seen people who do the majority of the housework/cooking saying it takes hardly any time because they never add up all the five minutes here and there throughout their day they spend wiping things up.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I was looking earlier and it seems as if the modern gift for the 15th anniversary is a watch. The traditional is crystal, but I really can't think of anything crystal my husband would like. I think I'm going to get him a watch but I'm not sure how to sneak it to Florida with us without him know what it is. Do they allow wrapped items in a suitcase or carryon? I would hate for it to get lost of broken on the way there, so I would feel safer if it were in my carryon or in my backpack. Any suggestions on nice but not Rolex-priced time pieces? I was thinking Bulova or Citizen. Are those nice?!

Also, T-10 DAYS!!!

Not sure about the rules about wrapping. I bought my husband a really nice Movado watch last year, and he returned the favor with a Movado watch for my birthday. We both love them.

I've heard Movado is good too. Guess I have some research to do and I better hurry cause I need to buy it Saturday while I'm out shopping for FD stuff with Rachael.

• LBuehrle8
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Also... This thread is pretty quiet for a Monday. It seems a lot of the regular posters aren't bothering to keep up anymore, and it's slowing down. This makes me very sad. :'(

I'm on pag 918 with almost 30 to go... doesn't look like it's "slowing down" to me! :)

Are you back now!?
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Over the weekend, mostly Saturday, I spent an excessive amount of time trying on dresses to take to Florida, because I've somehow convinced myself that wearing them as opposed to shorts and tanks would be easier or whatever. Anywho, one of the places I went was Maurices and I must have tried on 12 dresses and a couple shirts. I ended up with one shirt and very low self-esteem (the ginormous bruise on leg didn't help). I didn't fare much better at Target, where I'm sure I tried on just as many (although I did buy a dress and a skirt), Dress Barn (found one dress but it's too nice to be a beach dress I think), or Old Navy (bought 2 tanks that I LOVE).

I have very broad shoulders and now that I've been working out, they are more muscular. I didn't think it would be so damn hard to find summer dresses, but it's been close to impossible and I more or less have given up looking for anything else and will just make due with the few things I found and the things I already had.

Side note: My oh so sweet and wonderful husband has questionable taste when it comes to dresses. I was frightened by some of his choices.

My SO is the same. I'd look like a 51 year old streetwalker if he had his way. :s
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I did it. I messaged my stepdaughter. This is what I said.

"You need to message your dad. He needs to talk to you, but you haven't returned his text message. Also, Sunday is Father's Day and I didn't know if you were planning on being around."

It was probably not the nicest message, but it's a lot nicer than what I wanted to say which is this.

Come pick up your cat from hell, give me my key, get your stuff, and get out. You obviously don't want to be a part of our lives and I'm not going to be your storage unit and cat's caretaker anymore. Your dad has tried really hard to make sure you feel a part of our family, we all have, and you've done nothing but take advantage of that and I've had enough. Oh, and I expect you to have a check for $400 for your tags to your dad by Monday.

Every time I think about her and what's been going on, I get so angry and want to cry (that's probably more PMS) and I just hoped when she came into our lives, things would be so different. I'm sad now. :'(

Her response word for word.

"Ok will do and I will stop by."

Are you freaking kidding me?!

Holy crap! Did the top of your head Pop off?!? I would be p!ssed!!!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Good for you!

I was going to make the same correction. Us Brits are sensitive about our biscuits apparently.

No offense intended. I guess I wouldn't make a good Brit after all. :(

• LBuehrle8
    Options
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Good for you!

I was going to make the same correction. Us Brits are sensitive about our biscuits apparently.

That's cause we're 'yanks' ;)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Good for you!

Is your accent more Downton Abbey or Dick Van *kitten* Cockney?
    Edit: That's hilarious, it censored Dick Van D y k e!!

um, I'm not sure. I don't say governor, or tally ho ole chap (this reminds me of a friends episode where Ross is teaching a class and starts speaking with a TERRIBLE British accent).

It's more like Kate Winslet or Kate Beckensale. So what would that be?
    I talk a bit like Kate Winslet - Home Counties girl. Gwyneth Paltrow in Sliding Doors is another good example.
    Fun fact: Kate W's from Reading, and had her (first) wedding reception in the hall of the school where my friend's daughters went. They apparently served bangers and mash.

I live in Reading!!!!!!

Omg!!! I'm in Slough!! If you ever fancy meeting for a long walk or run or something, give me shout*

I hope that doesn't sound stalkery, I'd just love to have an mfp person to work out with
    Love this!!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Epaho wrote: »
    I'm tired of tracking calories and making time for exercise. I want nothing more than to sit on the couch with several sodas and a container of chili cheese fries while I watch an entire season of my favorite shows.

This sound glorious!

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @bkhamill -I'm glad you are ok.

@nonoelmo -you do have perfect hair for your costume. :)

My boyfriend still isn't here. I'm wondering if he will bother showing up.
    Thank you.

I'm sad for you about your boyfriend. Is this a pattern or one time /first time?

First time thing. Sigh. Oh well.

Anyway, I hope you all have a good weekend!

Wasn't this the day you were supposed to have the "talk"? Or am I completely wrong

Yes, he decided he was too tired to come over which caused another fight. We did end up talking Saturday. I'm going to try to work things out but I'm still torn. I want to try therapy and then if nothing changes, I'm done. :(

My heart physically hurts because I want to stay but yet leave. When things are good they are wonderful but I don't know if I can forgive, forget and trust again. That's why I want to try therapy first.

Now to catch up with the rest of the thread.

Can I ask a question, I apologise if it's intrusive. I'm guessing from some of the things you've said you live apart? But you said you've been together 11 years. Is moving in together something you've discussed? And if so what has stopped you?

Sorry I just saw this. Yea we live apart. We stay together (or used to-not so much now) a lot though. We had planned on moving in together but things keep getting in the way. I seriously think he is someone who doesn't want to make a serious commitment. That is one reason why I don't think this will work either way.

It sucks that I'm so in love with someone that I will probably have to leave someday. I just don't know how I'm going to get through everything.

That just breaks my heart. I'm so sorry you've invested so much time in someone that doesn't seem to feel the same way. That really sucks. I wish you all the best because you deserve to be happy regardless if that's with or without someone else. Hugs to you, friend.

Thank you. He was a no show again last night (after he told me he would try to make me a priority...that shows me how important I am). I think he is done. :(

Ugh!!! I hate this for you. :(
    Ditto. So sorry, but he's being an inconsiderate jerk.

Thirded, very late in the game. So, so sorry!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Also... This thread is pretty quiet for a Monday. It seems a lot of the regular posters aren't bothering to keep up anymore, and it's slowing down. This makes me very sad. :'(

I'm on pag 918 with almost 30 to go... doesn't look like it's "slowing down" to me! :)
    I think everyone panicked when Susie suggested we weren't bothered!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I like raisins on their own, but not in things. And the worst is when you think it's a chocolate chip, but it's really a raisin. Blech.

+1
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    BZAH did you really send a scale to that single dad on the other thread? You're awesome.
    Also, sounds like everyone needs a visit from our special friend, Mr Shark:
    c33t4bpcs7g4.jpg

Yes, I did. I didn't know he mentioned it though! I bought a food scale months ago and never used it once. I'd rather someone benefit from it. However, I forgot to include the instruction booklet so I just mailed that to him today. Hope he finds success! Seems like a nice guy.

I hope so too. I was concerned when he vanished for a bit - let's hope he sticks around.

I was, too! I'm glad he's back and I hope he sticks with it.

@Tubbs216, thank you! I've been in a "bad" space recently and really have no reason to be, so doing something for someone else was a good thing for me (and hopefully him as well). Now I just need to make a habit of it.

Must be something in the air... I've been feeling cranky and irrationally irritable for the past few days... and I'm ON VACATION for crying out loud!

Hormones. I'm blaming hormones. Some sort of residual menopausal-PMS flashback or something.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @bkhamill -I'm glad you are ok.

@nonoelmo -you do have perfect hair for your costume. :)

My boyfriend still isn't here. I'm wondering if he will bother showing up.
    Thank you.

I'm sad for you about your boyfriend. Is this a pattern or one time /first time?

First time thing. Sigh. Oh well.

Anyway, I hope you all have a good weekend!

Wasn't this the day you were supposed to have the "talk"? Or am I completely wrong

Yes, he decided he was too tired to come over which caused another fight. We did end up talking Saturday. I'm going to try to work things out but I'm still torn. I want to try therapy and then if nothing changes, I'm done. :(

My heart physically hurts because I want to stay but yet leave. When things are good they are wonderful but I don't know if I can forgive, forget and trust again. That's why I want to try therapy first.

Now to catch up with the rest of the thread.

Can I ask a question, I apologise if it's intrusive. I'm guessing from some of the things you've said you live apart? But you said you've been together 11 years. Is moving in together something you've discussed? And if so what has stopped you?

Sorry I just saw this. Yea we live apart. We stay together (or used to-not so much now) a lot though. We had planned on moving in together but things keep getting in the way. I seriously think he is someone who doesn't want to make a serious commitment. That is one reason why I don't think this will work either way.

It sucks that I'm so in love with someone that I will probably have to leave someday. I just don't know how I'm going to get through everything.

That just breaks my heart. I'm so sorry you've invested so much time in someone that doesn't seem to feel the same way. That really sucks. I wish you all the best because you deserve to be happy regardless if that's with or without someone else. Hugs to you, friend.

Thank you. He was a no show again last night (after he told me he would try to make me a priority...that shows me how important I am). I think he is done. :(

Ugh!!! I hate this for you. :(
    Ditto. So sorry, but he's being an inconsiderate jerk.

Thirded, very late in the game. So, so sorry!

Fourthed. I can't even imagine how cuckoo I would react if somebody stood me up even one time for something this important. There are certain things I can tolerate and certain things I can't, though.
    So sorry you're dealing with it at all.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I did it. I messaged my stepdaughter. This is what I said.

"You need to message your dad. He needs to talk to you, but you haven't returned his text message. Also, Sunday is Father's Day and I didn't know if you were planning on being around."

It was probably not the nicest message, but it's a lot nicer than what I wanted to say which is this.

Come pick up your cat from hell, give me my key, get your stuff, and get out. You obviously don't want to be a part of our lives and I'm not going to be your storage unit and cat's caretaker anymore. Your dad has tried really hard to make sure you feel a part of our family, we all have, and you've done nothing but take advantage of that and I've had enough. Oh, and I expect you to have a check for $400 for your tags to your dad by Monday.

Every time I think about her and what's been going on, I get so angry and want to cry (that's probably more PMS) and I just hoped when she came into our lives, things would be so different. I'm sad now. :'(

Her response word for word.

"Ok will do and I will stop by."

Are you freaking kidding me?!

Holy crap! Did the top of your head Pop off?!? I would be p!ssed!!!

I was pretty pissed. I'm over it now. Maybe this will finally convince my husband that she doesn't want to be around. I feel bad, but if this is what it takes, so be it.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    Over the weekend, mostly Saturday, I spent an excessive amount of time trying on dresses to take to Florida, because I've somehow convinced myself that wearing them as opposed to shorts and tanks would be easier or whatever. Anywho, one of the places I went was Maurices and I must have tried on 12 dresses and a couple shirts. I ended up with one shirt and very low self-esteem (the ginormous bruise on my leg didn't help). I didn't fare much better at Target, where I'm sure I tried on just as many (although I did buy a dress and a skirt), Dress Barn (found one dress but it's too nice to be a beach dress I think), or Old Navy (bought 2 tanks that I LOVE).

I have very broad shoulders and now that I've been working out, they are more muscular. I didn't think it would be so damn hard to find summer dresses, but it's been close to impossible and I more or less have given up looking for anything else and will just make due with the few things I found and the things I already had.

Side note: My oh so sweet and wonderful husband has questionable taste when it comes to dresses. I was frightened by some of his choices.

My SO is the same. I'd look like a 51 year old streetwalker if he had his way. :s

I hear ya sister! Only 35 years old. :smiley:

• MoHousdon
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Good for you!

That's cause we're 'yanks' ;)

Guilty. :neutral: