Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Can I just say how awesome this thread has become?

Yes, it started out about trash bags, peanut butter, and hot chocolate powder, but it has evolved into a community within the MFP community where people actually CARE and SUPPORT one another through stupid decisions, horrible situations, and hilarious escapades.

You all rock. And if I wasn't super lazy, I would finally get around to friend requesting the rest of the regular posters.

Super great.

Speaking of stupid decisions, I confess that when I was 20 (way back in 1989...YIKES), I was living on my own for the first time. Cut all my rocker hair off & was bummed how fat I looked.

I then went on a crash diet that consisted of the following:

Breakfast: Can of Diet Coke
    Morning Snack: Can of Diet Coke
    Lunch: Turkey sandwich (2 pieces of bread, 1 slice of deli turkey, 1 slice of deli swiss, mustard)
    Afternoon Snack: Can of Diet Coke
    Workout: 45-60 minutes on a cheap-*kitten* rowing machine I had in my apartment
    Dinner: 6 pack of Bud Light tall boys

I was a chubby 210 lbs when I started, and a thin 165 after 4 months. From there I started weight training.

I'd get slaughtered for suggesting this in 2015, but....I lived to tell the tale

My husband was on the Beer and Ramen Noodle Diet when I met him.

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I like raisins on their own, but not in things. And the worst is when you think it's a chocolate chip, but it's really a raisin. Blech.

+1
    I have worse. Did you see my earlier confession when I mentioned how my husband nearly ate my newborn's severed umbilicus, thinking it was a stray raisin?

gag-me.gif

Best gif of the day!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Yes, it started out about trash bags, peanut butter, and hot chocolate powder, but it has evolved into a community within the MFP community where people actually CARE and SUPPORT one another through stupid decisions, horrible situations, and hilarious escapades.

You all rock. And if I wasn't super lazy, I would finally get around to friend requesting the rest of the regular posters.

Super great.

Speaking of stupid decisions, I confess that when I was 20 (way back in 1989...YIKES), I was living on my own for the first time. Cut all my rocker hair off & was bummed how fat I looked.

Lunch: Turkey sandwich (2 pieces of bread, 1 slice of deli turkey, 1 slice of deli swiss, mustard)

I was a chubby 210 lbs when I started, and a thin 165 after 4 months. From there I started weight training.

I'd get slaughtered for suggesting this in 2015, but....I lived to tell the tale

I'm hungry just looking at that... lol.

When I lost weight at 20 it was some ridiculous diet (with a dietitian) where you basically restrict everything but 'fromage frais' (kinda like Greek yogurt but not bitter) and veggies the first 2 weeks, and add something new every week... a piece of meat at lunch, then a piece of meat for dinner etc. I lost 20 pounds very fast, then real life happened and I couldn't stick to it anymore and I gained it all back plus friends. Didn't learn a thing, lol. And I cheated too.. I was eating those packs of 'diet' cookies in secret in my car.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Thank you everyone for supportive messages.

I have taken my tablets today and yesterday.

@MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green

Good for you!

I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

I may have been doing one in my head just then. :blush:

Here, you have biscuits and tea. Cookies are 'merican

Alright, biscuits, then. :smile:

Biscuits always brings hard cookies to my mind, like Oreos or Digestives. Not that I have anything against them, but I want soft, chewy, gooey COOKIES! :o Or you know what? Gimme a scone. With butter.

I miss scones. Never been able to enjoy one since my Grandma passed away. She made the best and always made a special batch for me without raisins. I hate raisins!!

Count me in on the raisin-hating wagon!! In traditional Arabian dishes, raisins are popular to put into the rice. Makes me want to gag when I accidentally pop one into my mouth... X_X I *HATE* raisins. By themselves they're bad enough, but they absolutely ruin food for me when they're put into things like cookies or puddings. :-/

I am quite known for telling people that raisins "do not belong in food."

I do have a bag of the super tiny boxes in my office though. They're good for blood sugar headaches. Stupid raisins.

My mom always put raisins in the stuffing at Thanksgiving. I love it and thought everybody did that until the first time I cooked Thanksgiving dinner for my husband. He was like "what the hell is this?!". LMAO 11 years later and he still fears the raisins.

I put dried cranberries in mine. Yummy.

No, no, no, fruit does not belong in stuffing..not judging though :)

I'm one of those weird people who like sweet and savory in the same dishes. I also like to add golden raisins to my vegetable salads. Just for a tiny sweet burst. I put them in my homemade applesauce, too.
    I love sweet/savoury together too. I also love hot and cold things together, which I know a lot of people think it weird (fries with salad, custard (English style) with a big blob of vanilla ice cream etc.

I too love sweet and savory together. Or sweet and salty. It's funny you mention fries with salad, because I almost ordered fries with my Wendy's salad last night. I instead, went home and made a 144 gram baked potato with 2 servings of real butter and a serving of sour cream. The salad was disappointing but the potato most definitely was not.

What is English style custard?
    Mmmm baked potato.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bird's_Custard
    If you're a food snob, you might make it from scratch with real eggs and cream etc, then it's proper custard. The above is what you make to go with any kind of steamed pudding (like Spotted Dick - yes, I'll get that in there again, since it has dried fruit and it's almost on topic) (like we're worried about staying on topic on this thread, haha) but I like it by itself or with some ice cream or whipped cream on top.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @bkhamill -I'm glad you are ok.

@nonoelmo -you do have perfect hair for your costume. :)

My boyfriend still isn't here. I'm wondering if he will bother showing up.
    Thank you.

I'm sad for you about your boyfriend. Is this a pattern or one time /first time?

First time thing. Sigh. Oh well.

Anyway, I hope you all have a good weekend!

Wasn't this the day you were supposed to have the "talk"? Or am I completely wrong

Yes, he decided he was too tired to come over which caused another fight. We did end up talking Saturday. I'm going to try to work things out but I'm still torn. I want to try therapy and then if nothing changes, I'm done. :(

My heart physically hurts because I want to stay but yet leave. When things are good they are wonderful but I don't know if I can forgive, forget and trust again. That's why I want to try therapy first.

Now to catch up with the rest of the thread.

Can I ask a question, I apologise if it's intrusive. I'm guessing from some of the things you've said you live apart? But you said you've been together 11 years. Is moving in together something you've discussed? And if so what has stopped you?

Sorry I just saw this. Yea we live apart. We stay together (or used to-not so much now) a lot though. We had planned on moving in together but things keep getting in the way. I seriously think he is someone who doesn't want to make a serious commitment. That is one reason why I don't think this will work either way.

It sucks that I'm so in love with someone that I will probably have to leave someday. I just don't know how I'm going to get through everything.

That just breaks my heart. I'm so sorry you've invested so much time in someone that doesn't seem to feel the same way. That really sucks. I wish you all the best because you deserve to be happy regardless if that's with or without someone else. Hugs to you, friend.

Thank you. He was a no show again last night (after he told me he would try to make me a priority...that shows me how important I am). I think he is done. :(

Ugh!!! I hate this for you. :(

I agree! I'm so sorry he is being a complete jerk face.

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

Super great.

You're all super great!
  • Tubbs216
    Options

Super great.

Edited to add: Just did the MFP calculator:

1100 in
    497 out
    BMR: 1,985
    Daily Deficit: 1,382

that's about 3 lbs per week - the maths add up!
    I was just beginning my dieting career around that time, and could also confess to some pretty poor choices. Somehow we made it through, with our metabolisms intact. Personally I blame Rosemary Conley.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I like raisins on their own, but not in things. And the worst is when you think it's a chocolate chip, but it's really a raisin. Blech.

+1
    I have worse. Did you see my earlier confession when I mentioned how my husband nearly ate my newborn's severed umbilicus, thinking it was a stray raisin?

gag-me.gif

That was my exact reaction!

5g9ublmihc8t.gif
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Super great.

You're all super great!

Agreed, I love you all and this thread! <3
  • newfutures
    newfutures Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    shermcm wrote: »
    Sometimes I log just my coffee so I don't lose my days logged in streak or adjust my portions so it doesn't look so bad.

I'm gluten free on top of making lifestyle changes and I am tired of explaining my choices or that my "diet" isn't all a choice.

why do you not log your food? if its because you don't want people to see your food diary then change that in the setting and it will become private.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Super great.

I'm hungry just looking at that... lol.

When I lost weight at 20 it was some ridiculous diet (with a dietitian) where you basically restrict everything but 'fromage frais' (kinda like Greek yogurt but not bitter) and veggies the first 2 weeks, and add something new every week... a piece of meat at lunch, then a piece of meat for dinner etc. I lost 20 pounds very fast, then real life happened and I couldn't stick to it anymore and I gained it all back plus friends. Didn't learn a thing, lol. And I cheated too.. I was eating those packs of 'diet' cookies in secret in my car.

I had my son when I was 20. I used the grapefruit diet to take off the baby weight. I can't remember all of the details, but I do remember being hangry all the time.
  • MoHousdon
    Options

Super great.

You're all super great!

Agreed! You're all so incredibly wonderful. And now a certain poster who shall not be named, ( @quiksylver296 did you ever find out who this was) has stopped posting here, it truly IS a safe place.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Super great.

Edited to add: Just did the MFP calculator:

1100 in
    497 out
    BMR: 1,985
    Daily Deficit: 1,382

that's about 3 lbs per week - the maths add up!
    I was just beginning my dieting career around that time, and could also confess to some pretty poor choices. Somehow we made it through, with our metabolisms intact. Personally I blame Rosemary Conley.

The sad thing for me is that I actually went to see a dietitian... and he had a scale that gave your BMR... I was convinced that my metabolism was horrible and that I was never going to be able to be thin because of it... I remembered the scale saying that my BMR was 1300... as an overweight 19 yo. I used that excuse for years, I mean, why bother losing weight if the only way to do it is to starve myself?

I'm still pissed about it, to be honest. So many years wasted because of a so-called professional who never even took the time to explain to me how it worked (plus there is NO WAY my BMR was so low, it's ridiculous).
  • Tubbs216
    Options

+1

gag-me.gif

That was my exact reaction!

5g9ublmihc8t.gif
    What?! I stopped him. ;)
  • kellypence
    kellypence Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    So today is the last day of school for my son......last 7am lunch I need to pack for a while! Well, except when I am going to work first thing, but that is not daily....I usually do not start until around 10-11am most days....

So I will be able to sleep until 9am a lot of days if I need/want to.

My skin is looking better....still need to get a bit darker, but can start to tell a difference in my psoriasis already.

Two weeks until the pools open, and I am super excited! I love to swim!

Ok, here is something that has been on my mind a few times recently.....

Is it just me, or does everyone's body make huge amounts of urine when they are sleeping??

As I have said before, during the day, I can go like 12+ hours without using the bathroom.....however, whenever I sleep, even if it is just a nap in the day, I have to pee as soon as I wake up without fail.

At night, I go to bed around 11, I go right before getting into bed.....most nights I will wake up once in the middle of the night and go, say around 3-4am....when my alarm goes off at 7am, I can barely wait to get in there again....if someone beats me to the bathroom I have to sit in one spot until I can go so I don't pee myself. If it is a day where I need more sleep and can do so, I will go back to bed, and need to pee again right when I wake up.....even though I have not had anything to drink in about 8-12 hours at this point.

Does this happen to everyone?? I just do not understand where it is coming from after not drinking for so long!

So, as the self-appointed community potty expert, here's my take. No, your body does not make more urine when you sleep, after the age of about 3-8, you actually make significantly less urine overnight. At about age 65, we begin to shift back from this diurnal rhythm into making the same amount all day. (To simplify, infants make the same amount of urine 24/7, passing mid 70's, we begin to do this again) This is why it is considered "normal" for people over 60 to have to urinate during the night (normal is roughly once per night at age 65, twice at age 75, and generally however frequently you go during the day after that).
    What you are describing is actually behavior related. Essentially your bladder and brain associate the act of waking up with urinating, regardless of need. It is likely that in the morning, you do really have to urinate, however if you regularly go 12+ hours without doing so, you can definitely retrain yourself. Essentially, you need to separate the act of waking up from urinating. You can begin to do this via the following...
    Literally lay down in your regular nap/sleep spot WITHOUT falling asleep for about 5 min, then get up and go do something, DO NOT go to the bathroom.
    This may very well not make you feel like you have to pee (your brain isn't stupid, after all), so then you need to practice after waking up. This will be easier to do after naps because your bladder won't be as full. When you get up from a nap, do absolutely ANYTHING other than go into the bathroom for a minimum of 1 min, aim for 2-5-10, whatever you think you can handle. This is to reduce the stimulus (waking up) response (urinating) link.
    After a couple successful tries after naps, try the morning. Again, do ANYTHING other than go to the bathroom right away. Even if it's sitting at the edge of your bed for a couple minutes.

If you really have a strong/overwhelming urge to urinate, stop moving, close your eyes and breathe deeply for 30 seconds to 1 min. In that moment, your bladder has jumped it's place in line and is contracting, it's not waiting it's turn. Like a little kid that you have to remind to go to the back of the line for his turn on the ride, you have to remind your bladder that it's not time yet. IT WORKS, trust me. Just like when your stomach rumbles, it eventually stops (even if you don't put anything in it, though it can take 15 mins or so), your bladder will stop contracting once it realizes you're no longer moving toward the bathroom. Luckily, it will only take a max of 15 to 30 seconds.

Hope this helps!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I did it. I messaged my stepdaughter. This is what I said.

"You need to message your dad. He needs to talk to you, but you haven't returned his text message. Also, Sunday is Father's Day and I didn't know if you were planning on being around."

It was probably not the nicest message, but it's a lot nicer than what I wanted to say which is this.

Come pick up your cat from hell, give me my key, get your stuff, and get out. You obviously don't want to be a part of our lives and I'm not going to be your storage unit and cat's caretaker anymore. Your dad has tried really hard to make sure you feel a part of our family, we all have, and you've done nothing but take advantage of that and I've had enough. Oh, and I expect you to have a check for $400 for your tags to your dad by Monday.

Every time I think about her and what's been going on, I get so angry and want to cry (that's probably more PMS) and I just hoped when she came into our lives, things would be so different. I'm sad now. :'(

How many times did you consider sending the second message and then erase it? If she didn't have the money for the tags, the car would have to stay at the house.

I never typed any part of the second message, I just thought it and have been for quite some time now.

My husband brought this up during our "discussion" (fight) last Friday. He asked if I wanted him to take the car away from her if she couldn't pay the tags, and I said no because then she wouldn't have any way to get to work. Although, that's not really my problem. I wasn't relying on other people when I was 19, I had a car that I paid for and was working AND going to college full time. I know she's not me, but she needs to learn some accountability and responsibility. I might make the suggestion that until she CAN pay for the tags, that he drive the car since it's in his name anyway.

I'm afraid that if I keep bringing this up to my husband, we'll have a terrible vacation and anniversary and I've waited 15 DAMN years for this and I REFUSE to let her ruin that for us. Why does she have to be such a selfish brat?!

Whatever happens, I am sure you and your hubby will be all the stronger for it. You are dealing with it together. I kind of have a similar thing, although the stepson lives in our house, we never see him due to work or his being out with friends, or he's asleep while we are all home. He's 23, we have gotten several used cars for him, this current one, he has been told will be the last one we purchase. Still he has no incentive to find his own place and move out. Our house is a little cramped and I had planned to move my youngest into his room, when I was under the impression he was moving out with a friend. That fell through, so now we are stuck. Still paying for his phone and car insurance too. He has been asked to pay for these things and has not begun to pay for them. His job is enough for him to pay for that at least. I am pretty frustrated myself.
    Yeah, that's tricky. I'll be interested to see if anyone else offers advice. My daughter is working now, but the plan is that this is a year off from university while she gets her health in check. We're still paying for her phone etc and she has use of a car (kind of shared between her and her brother), and I'm wondering if we should expect her to pay something towards her keep.

Just my opinion, but I think that adults over 20 should definitely be paying something towards their keep, if not paying for all their own extras while living at home (car, phone, non-essentials). In my experience, people whose parents give them a free ride with no end in sight often just milk it for all it's worth.

I may just be jealous though because my mom made me watch my baby brother for free after school and all day in the summer from the time I was 12 until I was 17 so she could work two jobs. Then, when I was 17 she made me get a real job and contribute to the household with the money I made. These kids don't know how good they have it and it irrationally bothers me.

I agree, but it's not all "good". It's a short-term enabling and then they have no idea how to deal with the real world. I'm sorry you are bitter about some things in your past, but honestly, I guarantee that made you a better, stronger person!

That's so true. A cousin of mine had wealthy parents, and they paid for everything - car, college, off campus apartment, spending money... he had to do nothing but go to class. I would have KILLED for that opportunity. I love school and would have done so well with that kind of support. My cousin? He failed out of college, flooded his apartment screwing around with the fire alarm, and became a criminal. Seriously.

Sadly, this is common.

I'm afraid to admit this now, but my parents paid my tuition, books, rent, groceries, bought me a brand-new car, etc etc for university. They're comfortable, not wealthy, but I'm an only child so they only had one to pay for, they had the money, and they wanted me to be able to focus on school. I bartended a few nights a week, but mostly I just went to school. But I did graduate on time with the degree I wanted and got a "grown up job" right afterwards, so, uh, there's that?

However, I did take four years off before I went to university and had a job and paid my bills by myself all that time, so I already had the life skills to take care of myself by the time they started paying for stuff, so maybe that helps?

It kind of rubs me the wrong way when people assume I'm a spoiled brat because my parents were in a position to help me out a lot with school and I didn't have to struggle or take out loans, though. Not saying you guys are implying that...but just in general, I really don't think it makes me a bad person.

Also, I'm glad you all appreciate my Toddlers & Tiaras gif. I used to PVR that series like crazy. No shame.

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options

+1

Ugh - I finally forgot about that - thanks for bringing it up! Not. Just kidding. But that was really gross and traumatized me a bit. I can only imagine your husbands reaction.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Where's @Susieq_1994 with all her pictures of baked goods?

She's been venturing out in other threads lately. Or maybe she has all along and I finally noticed? Anyway, she's been around today I'm pretty sure.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    In celebration of this thread, I'm going to forgo my healthy snack of apple and peanut butter and eat 3 chocolate chip cookies, biscuits for our friends across the pond. I do not feel guilty about this.

Also, this has been my lunch twice this week.
    5hr0xim716nh.jpg