Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    fun lil bit of info for those who may care:

mr jaye and i have decided to make the relationship "official"
    we've both shut down our dating profiles and are now exclusive.
    he's met my bff, i've met his, it's been pretty awesome!
    he's kinda amazing and it boggles my mind why he'd be crazy about me, but i'm totally running with it! :D

thanks to all the peeps that were supportive during my "post date updates" you guys gave me so much insight and encouragement, which was absolutely appreciated and greatly needed. <3
    Oh, that's so lovely to hear! I hope things continue to go well for you two.
    If it helps, I'd been dating my husband for 3 weeks when I thought "I could marry this one". We've been married 21 years and still like each other.

that's so precious!!!
    secretly (and like totally on the dl) i've had that thought...a few times.
    i've also overheard him say the same thing to his bff.
    and yes, i'm a giddy fool ;)

This sounds pretty darn positive!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I'm finally caught up on 550+ posts, but I read fast so I'm sure I missed something.

I got sick over the long weekend - woke up at 3am Saturday morning to throw up, spent the rest of the day sleeping and feverish. I'm just starting to feel normal today, and I'm really ticked I missed out on my long weekend. No shopping with my mom, no hiking with my dog, no going to watch my friend's husband's band play, no drinks on the patio. I demand a do-over. Can we make the next 3 days a weekend, please? :smiley:

My parents were over to help work on the patio Saturday (with just my brother & his girlfriend, since I was unable to help) and it was nice to have my mom there. Even though I'm 30 and haven't lived at home for 8+ years, she made me soup and took care of me while she was there. Maybe I should be a bit embarrassed but it was nice lol.

But my poor mom ended up with it Saturday night - not from me, we'd been at my aunt's house the same night, where I'm sure we picked it up from.

I still want my mommy when I get sick!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to get a police check and medical exam soon to apply for my Canada permanent residency and I am absolutely terrified. Not about the police check, but I KNOW I'm going to have to get a blood test and just knowing that makes me feel woozy and teary. On top of that I read a review of the place I am most likely going that said the woman giving the blood test made everything painful... oh please don't let that be the case for me.

The last time I got a blood test I passed out on the floor and woke up utterly confused and nauseous, wondering if the woman above me was my mom and being scared that I didn't remember anything. Passing out is something I have a great phobia of. :( Blegh blood tests.

Easier said than done, but try not to think about it too much before hand. And if you're prone to passing out, let the techs know ahead of time, you're not the only one who passes out, so I'm sure they'll have a way to help you, or at least move you somewhere safe before it happens.

And hey, usually you get free juice if you feel light headed or dizzy! And any blood they take OBVIOUSLY negates any calories the juice has. :wink:
    peleroja wrote: »
    I'm going to have to get a police check and medical exam soon to apply for my Canada permanent residency and I am absolutely terrified. Not about the police check, but I KNOW I'm going to have to get a blood test and just knowing that makes me feel woozy and teary. On top of that I read a review of the place I am most likely going that said the woman giving the blood test made everything painful... oh please don't let that be the case for me.

The last time I got a blood test I passed out on the floor and woke up utterly confused and nauseous, wondering if the woman above me was my mom and being scared that I didn't remember anything. Passing out is something I have a great phobia of. :( Blegh blood tests.

Make sure you warn the staff, ahead of time if possible. Honestly, most nurses etc. that do a lot of blood tests are very used to people who are afraid of needles and they want to make it as easy as possible on both of you, so if you tell them that you're very frightened, they can make accommodations for you like doing the test in a bed or lounger instead of in a chair, taking extra time, and that kind of thing. They might even make sure that your appointment is with someone who usually works with children or who is known to be especially gentle.

I don't have a fear of needles but I've passed out a couple times after immunizations/bloodwork for unconfirmed reasons, so I now have to warn them beforehand in case and I can honestly say that not one person has been less than awesome about it. Even at the travel health clinic recently, the nurse gave me all my shots while I was lying on the couch to make sure I didn't topple off the chair or whatever and didn't make me feel silly about it at all. Even the pharmacist who gives me my flu shot goes out of his way to make sure I'm comfortable and safe. Don't hesitate to tell them how you feel so they can help you!
    Thanks you guys! I'll definitely warn them in advance. When I got my cap placed in my teeth and they gave me a shot to numb the area I was fine... until I wasn't. The dentist asked me with a very very concerned voice if I was ok, and just hearing him ask that made me start to feel dizzy, so he leaned me back in the chair for around 15 minutes.

Anyone ever do this? Like when your mom asks if you're ok in a very sweet voice, and you just start tearing up and wanting a hug? :lol:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    OK, I shouldn't be here but had to do a quick check. Yay for so much good news in here! @bkhamill congrats on the new grandbaby, @crosbylee awesome cancer-free news, @orangesmartie so glad to hear you all WANT to work it out, and have fun in the UK @LBuehrle8!

I'm out for the next week (leave for conference tomorrow) and have no chance of keeping up here, but I'll try to pop into the bat cave. @MoHousdon and @jthurman3 I want to hear about your SL 5x5 workouts this week!

Dang it! I forgot I told you I was starting that this week. :o Guess I need to start that this week. We (Mr. Mo and I) were supposed to start this morning, but I had to take Rachael to her school to change her classes. Long irritating story.

I'm going to watch the second video at lunch today so I can learn workout B. Maybe Mr. Mo will want to go tonight after dinner. Doubtful, but maybe.
    OK, I shouldn't be here but had to do a quick check. Yay for so much good news in here! @bkhamill congrats on the new grandbaby, @crosbylee awesome cancer-free news, @orangesmartie so glad to hear you all WANT to work it out, and have fun in the UK @LBuehrle8!

I'm out for the next week (leave for conference tomorrow) and have no chance of keeping up here, but I'll try to pop into the bat cave. @MoHousdon and @jthurman3 I want to hear about your SL 5x5 workouts this week!

Dang it! I forgot I told you I was starting that this week. :o Guess I need to start that this week. We (Mr. Mo and I) were supposed to start this morning, but I had to take Rachael to her school to change her classes. Long irritating story.

I'm going to watch the second video at lunch today so I can learn workout B. Maybe Mr. Mo will want to go tonight after dinner. Doubtful, but maybe.

@WestCoastJo82 & @MoHousdon - We didn't do the workout yesterday, mostly because my knees were killing me from walking so many floors of stairs on my breaks last week (at least 20 floors a day Mon-Fri). It turns out my knees didn't love that. I want to make sure that I start the SL program with knees feeling good because the squats are what make me most uncertain with my sketchy knees.

I think we will delay the start to next Monday and I'm laying off the stairs this whole week so that I can start off the best way. I'm still really excited about the program and want to give it my all! My knees feel a bit better today and I think they will be 100% by the end of the week. I will definitely keep you posted! :smiley:

I may hold off and start next week too. I still need to get me some Chucks and make sure I watch the tutorials as to not injure myself. I am excited about starting too, but not that excited about having to get up at least an hour earlier 3 times a week since Mr. Mo wants to workout before work.

9og6n6f7k9oi.jpg

@MoHousdon I just got the greatest shoes...New Balance Minamalist...they are different than any shoe I've ever worn. They have a wide toe area, which is good for lifting weights (they're weight training shoes). I can definitely tell a difference in my squats and deadlifts.

Confession - I still lift in running shoes... I keep meaning to buy something specifically for lifting, but never seem to get around to it.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    fun lil bit of info for those who may care:

mr jaye and i have decided to make the relationship "official"
    we've both shut down our dating profiles and are now exclusive.
    he's met my bff, i've met his, it's been pretty awesome!
    he's kinda amazing and it boggles my mind why he'd be crazy about me, but i'm totally running with it! :D

thanks to all the peeps that were supportive during my "post date updates" you guys gave me so much insight and encouragement, which was absolutely appreciated and greatly needed. <3

So SUPER GREAT!!!
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    When I watch any weight loss show, I stuff my face with junk food for the entire length of the show. Im pretty sure I am not the onlt one. :)

No, no you're not. No Biggest Loser night was complete without cookies.

i used to order pizza whenever i did a biggest loser marathon....
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options

@WestCoastJo82 & @MoHousdon - We didn't do the workout yesterday, mostly because my knees were killing me from walking so many floors of stairs on my breaks last week (at least 20 floors a day Mon-Fri). It turns out my knees didn't love that. I want to make sure that I start the SL program with knees feeling good because the squats are what make me most uncertain with my sketchy knees.

I think we will delay the start to next Monday and I'm laying off the stairs this whole week so that I can start off the best way. I'm still really excited about the program and want to give it my all! My knees feel a bit better today and I think they will be 100% by the end of the week. I will definitely keep you posted! :smiley:

I may hold off and start next week too. I still need to get me some Chucks and make sure I watch the tutorials as to not injure myself. I am excited about starting too, but not that excited about having to get up at least an hour earlier 3 times a week since Mr. Mo wants to workout before work.

9og6n6f7k9oi.jpg

@MoHousdon I just got the greatest shoes...New Balance Minamalist...they are different than any shoe I've ever worn. They have a wide toe area, which is good for lifting weights (they're weight training shoes). I can definitely tell a difference in my squats and deadlifts.

Confession - I still lift in running shoes... I keep meaning to buy something specifically for lifting, but never seem to get around to it.

I do the exact same thing. I should fix it but just haven't...
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    When I watch any weight loss show, I stuff my face with junk food for the entire length of the show. Im pretty sure I am not the onlt one. :)

No, no you're not. No Biggest Loser night was complete without cookies Ben and Jerry's.

FTFY
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options

Easier said than done, but try not to think about it too much before hand. And if you're prone to passing out, let the techs know ahead of time, you're not the only one who passes out, so I'm sure they'll have a way to help you, or at least move you somewhere safe before it happens.

And hey, usually you get free juice if you feel light headed or dizzy! And any blood they take OBVIOUSLY negates any calories the juice has. :wink:

Make sure you warn the staff, ahead of time if possible. Honestly, most nurses etc. that do a lot of blood tests are very used to people who are afraid of needles and they want to make it as easy as possible on both of you, so if you tell them that you're very frightened, they can make accommodations for you like doing the test in a bed or lounger instead of in a chair, taking extra time, and that kind of thing. They might even make sure that your appointment is with someone who usually works with children or who is known to be especially gentle.

I don't have a fear of needles but I've passed out a couple times after immunizations/bloodwork for unconfirmed reasons, so I now have to warn them beforehand in case and I can honestly say that not one person has been less than awesome about it. Even at the travel health clinic recently, the nurse gave me all my shots while I was lying on the couch to make sure I didn't topple off the chair or whatever and didn't make me feel silly about it at all. Even the pharmacist who gives me my flu shot goes out of his way to make sure I'm comfortable and safe. Don't hesitate to tell them how you feel so they can help you!
    Thanks you guys! I'll definitely warn them in advance. When I got my cap placed in my teeth and they gave me a shot to numb the area I was fine... until I wasn't. The dentist asked me with a very very concerned voice if I was ok, and just hearing him ask that made me start to feel dizzy, so he leaned me back in the chair for around 15 minutes.

Anyone ever do this? Like when your mom asks if you're ok in a very sweet voice, and you just start tearing up and wanting a hug? :lol:

YES!!
    i'm doing fine, holding it in, then someone says in that ever so concerned voice...what's going on? you don't seem ok.
    then bam! floodgates open!!
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    To jump in on the McD convo: I used to get their sausage & egg biscuit, then add cheese to it (sorry @peleroja ). I also love their fruit & yogurt parfaits. Not too many calories, but quite tasty. I consider it a dessert for my biscuit sandwich.

Also, sometimes I just really want a McD's cheeseburger. The little one. I almost never actually spend 400+ calories on that little bugger, but yeah. That's the only non-breakfast thing I'll eat there, along with a hot fudge sundae. Heh

Confession. I haaate the word parfait. Not sure why.... but it could be the best thing on earth and I wouldn't order it if I had to say the name when ordering.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    @Peleroja I'm sorry to hear about your bad day--that must have really stunk. :-/ I know I'd be really upset if I had to drive/ride 5+ hours, just to turn around and go home again. I hope you get another chance to go and do your hike. :)

@OrangeSmartie I hope you have a great vacation. :) I think it's just what you need after having such a difficult few weeks.

Confession: I blew my calorie goal on those three-ingredient peanut butter cookies for like the fifth or sixth time since I discovered them. @kelly_c_77, @tubbs216, and @Italian_Buju, I may have to hate you guys for talking about them to begin with... :p

Second confession: My weigh-in today puts me back into the "overweight" category for the first time in almost three years. :(

:( Sorry about your second confession. I hope you get back on track...

I've been eating a ton lately too. I am not looking forward to Friday (weigh day). So, I understand.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the commiseration, everyone - we didn't get home until eleven last night so it ended up being about thirteen hours of pointless driving all together (and four fast-food meals for my husband, lol.) Brutal. I'm not sure he's ever going to forgive me...he was trying hard to not be mad about it but the man treasures his time off work so spending it in highway gridlock with an annoyed wife in a hot car was really not his idea of fun (nor mine), but it was at least my own darn fault for deciding to use a holiday Monday to drive a two-lane highway.

I didn't respond to the first one earlier since I was in a hurry but I HATE traffic so I'm sorry that you went through that. It sounds like a nightmare to me.

I hope that he forgives you (it wasn't your fault of course). There are sometimes just too many people/cars out. I know where I live we all get frustrated because you can't really go out anywhere anymore because there are always crowds and it's annoying.

I hope you get to go again on a better day.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    To jump in on the McD convo: I used to get their sausage & egg biscuit, then add cheese to it (sorry @peleroja ). I also love their fruit & yogurt parfaits. Not too many calories, but quite tasty. I consider it a dessert for my biscuit sandwich.

Also, sometimes I just really want a McD's cheeseburger. The little one. I almost never actually spend 400+ calories on that little bugger, but yeah. That's the only non-breakfast thing I'll eat there, along with a hot fudge sundae. Heh

Confession. I haaate the word parfait. Not sure why.... but it could be the best thing on earth and I wouldn't order it if I had to say the name when ordering.

So you wouldn't order a peanut buster parfait from DQ because of the word "parfait"?! I do not understand this logic. :/

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

9og6n6f7k9oi.jpg

I don't understand this either.

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I am holding a conversation with myself. :neutral: It is time for me to get some sleep. Goodnight all!

I'm totally here! But I am at work and had to make my rounds. :smiley: I do a little bit more than just sit around all night watching videos on Youtube. :smiley:

I want to take something difficult but not too hard. Maybe a beginner chemistry course? I've always hoped to understand chemistry. I made the attempt when I was married but my now ex-husband had me signed up for History, Biology, English Literature, and an Algebra refresher course along with Chemistry. I was also working 60+ hours a week bartending....how I was supposed to do ALL of that and keep the house together while he was unemployed was a little beyond me.

I think I will start with Math for my first class. I'm good at math and it makes sense to me.

I admire people who understand math. I always struggled with it. But do it! I love school (obviously). I love to learn.

I always hated math! I loved history, because it was easier for me to memorize dates & facts. The teacher I had in 11th grade for history was pretty odd though. I had to highlight half of my book with pencil to pass her tests since she would put the most random questions in that focused on the littlest details. I also remember she put a stupid question like how many one word syllables are in The Gettysburg Address. Who in their right mind would know that? I also found it odd that one of her bonus projects was to mail a grave of someone historic & if you got a response back from the caretaker you got extra credit.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    LloydGK wrote: »
    Woke up on the floor with my head in the fridge a little while back. :# (I sleep eat - among other things)
    I'd eaten a 65g chocolate mousse and a Kitkat, apparently.

I don't even like chocolate.

Now that is a confession! Have you ever done that before?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    LloydGK wrote: »
    Woke up on the floor with my head in the fridge a little while back. :# (I sleep eat - among other things)
    I'd eaten a 65g chocolate mousse and a Kitkat, apparently.

I don't even like chocolate.

Oh shoot, that stinks! Tell your sleep eating self to ship that chocolate over to Ohio!

LOL! I am so glad I don't sleep eat, because I would be in some major trouble!

I sometimes dream that I eat large portions of food like lasagna or cookies.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,367 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    ETA: I'm kind of sad that your post date updates are over though..

Now we'll get the engagement updates and the wedding updates and the baby updates... ;)
    I'm finally caught up on 550+ posts, but I read fast so I'm sure I missed something.

I got sick over the long weekend - woke up at 3am Saturday morning to throw up, spent the rest of the day sleeping and feverish. I'm just starting to feel normal today, and I'm really ticked I missed out on my long weekend. No shopping with my mom, no hiking with my dog, no going to watch my friend's husband's band play, no drinks on the patio. I demand a do-over. Can we make the next 3 days a weekend, please? :smiley:

My parents were over to help work on the patio Saturday (with just my brother & his girlfriend, since I was unable to help) and it was nice to have my mom there. Even though I'm 30 and haven't lived at home for 8+ years, she made me soup and took care of me while she was there. Maybe I should be a bit embarrassed but it was nice lol.

But my poor mom ended up with it Saturday night - not from me, we'd been at my aunt's house the same night, where I'm sure we picked it up from.

Aww, sorry you were ill on the weekend! (If it's any consolation, all I did was chores/projects around the house)
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

don't think about it! get yourself pseudo concerned with the background check and put the blood test on the back burner, the less you focus on it, the smaller it gets!
    Thank you for your advice! Maybe I can try tricking my brain into thinking the police are gonna find something on me (I have never been in trouble with the law) :lol: I've been sitting here shaking and crying over the dumb blood test, which is just a blip on a map in terms of all the other problems going on in the world. This anxiety sure sucks, though.
    I like @kylerjaye 's advice.

Also, you can request to lean back or lay down during a blood draw. Tell them you have a history of passing out and need any special treatment that they can offer, ask them to use a butterfly needle. (I think that is what it is called) Hugs.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

So sorry your weekend didn't go well. Being sick is the worst. But yes...its always nice to have Mommy take care of you. No matter what age.

Yes, this.