Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I am getting my skin cancer cut out today. I had no idea no running, riding, swimming, or anything but walking or the stationary bike after 2 days for TWO weeks. I am not happy.

Not to mention the sound of the snipping of my flesh is making me a bit nauseous.

Oh gosh. Skin cancer is a big paranoia of mine. That does seem like an awfully drastic "recovery" time.

Hope it all goes well!
    peleroja wrote: »
    Thanks for all the commiseration, everyone - we didn't get home until eleven last night so it ended up being about thirteen hours of pointless driving all together (and four fast-food meals for my husband, lol.) Brutal. I'm not sure he's ever going to forgive me...he was trying hard to not be mad about it but the man treasures his time off work so spending it in highway gridlock with an annoyed wife in a hot car was really not his idea of fun (nor mine), but it was at least my own darn fault for deciding to use a holiday Monday to drive a two-lane highway.

What we say in our part of Canada is that here we have two seasons: winter, and road construction. Sorry your day turned out so badly!
    We're rented a villa, on the northern part of the island, private pool and gardens, plenty of space for us all and a 3 year old to run around in!

That sounds absolutely heavenly... hope you all have fun!

Lois_1989 wrote: »
    If it makes you feel better, I'm not sure I've ever been out of the overweight category :#

But you will be. :)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    OK, I shouldn't be here but had to do a quick check. Yay for so much good news in here! @bkhamill congrats on the new grandbaby, @crosbylee awesome cancer-free news, @orangesmartie so glad to hear you all WANT to work it out, and have fun in the UK @LBuehrle8!

I'm out for the next week (leave for conference tomorrow) and have no chance of keeping up here, but I'll try to pop into the bat cave. @MoHousdon and @jthurman3 I want to hear about your SL 5x5 workouts this week!

Dang it! I forgot I told you I was starting that this week. :o Guess I need to start that this week. We (Mr. Mo and I) were supposed to start this morning, but I had to take Rachael to her school to change her classes. Long irritating story.

I'm going to watch the second video at lunch today so I can learn workout B. Maybe Mr. Mo will want to go tonight after dinner. Doubtful, but maybe.
    OK, I shouldn't be here but had to do a quick check. Yay for so much good news in here! @bkhamill congrats on the new grandbaby, @crosbylee awesome cancer-free news, @orangesmartie so glad to hear you all WANT to work it out, and have fun in the UK @LBuehrle8!

I'm out for the next week (leave for conference tomorrow) and have no chance of keeping up here, but I'll try to pop into the bat cave. @MoHousdon and @jthurman3 I want to hear about your SL 5x5 workouts this week!

Dang it! I forgot I told you I was starting that this week. :o Guess I need to start that this week. We (Mr. Mo and I) were supposed to start this morning, but I had to take Rachael to her school to change her classes. Long irritating story.

I'm going to watch the second video at lunch today so I can learn workout B. Maybe Mr. Mo will want to go tonight after dinner. Doubtful, but maybe.

@WestCoastJo82 & @MoHousdon - We didn't do the workout yesterday, mostly because my knees were killing me from walking so many floors of stairs on my breaks last week (at least 20 floors a day Mon-Fri). It turns out my knees didn't love that. I want to make sure that I start the SL program with knees feeling good because the squats are what make me most uncertain with my sketchy knees.

I think we will delay the start to next Monday and I'm laying off the stairs this whole week so that I can start off the best way. I'm still really excited about the program and want to give it my all! My knees feel a bit better today and I think they will be 100% by the end of the week. I will definitely keep you posted! :smiley:

I may hold off and start next week too. I still need to get me some Chucks and make sure I watch the tutorials as to not injure myself. I am excited about starting too, but not that excited about having to get up at least an hour earlier 3 times a week since Mr. Mo wants to workout before work.

9og6n6f7k9oi.jpg

• MoHousdon
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    As info to the quest bar nom-noms....

BodyBuilding.com has 12-Bars Quest Nutrition Protein Bars (various flavors) on sale for $24.99 - 30% off promotional code 30AWARDS2015 (apply at checkout) = $17.49. Shipping is $5.98.

Ahhhh! I'm buying a million!

I'll be over here in Canada with my $35 boxes from GNC, lol.

Still cheaper than the bacon & egg McMuffin combo my husband eats every day for breakfast, I guess.

Yum! The only thing I really like about McDonald's is their breakfast. I heard a dirty rumor they're going to start serving it all day. Does anyone know if that is true, because if it is, I'm in BIG, BIG trouble!

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Sometime when I log my food, I don't include EVERYTHING so it doesn't look like I went over my allotted calories for the day. :-( ... self sabotage.

I admit that I've done this more than a few times lately... More because I just don't want to face the number than anything else. :neutral:
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Sometime when I log my food, I don't include EVERYTHING so it doesn't look like I went over my allotted calories for the day. :-( ... self sabotage.

I think we all do that. If I have a bite or 2 of something (I'm looking at you, Rice Krispie treat I shared with Mr. Mo and Rachael), I don't log it. I've not gained back any weight, so I think I'm alright. You will be too.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    I am getting my skin cancer cut out today. I had no idea no running, riding, swimming, or anything but walking or the stationary bike after 2 days for TWO weeks. I am not happy.

Not to mention the sound of the snipping of my flesh is making me a bit nauseous.

Yikes. Please take care of yourself!

• Popsicle_Feet
    Popsicle_Feet Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Sure I've lost 55 lb. . . but 30lb of that was water retention and 10 lb baby that dropped on in 3 weeks. . .

It makes me feel good though to put in my highest pregnancy weight. So when I am back down to my pre - pre pregnancy weight I can tell myself and others, "I lost 110lb", even thought the pregnancy weight is kind of cheating. . .

I am also cheating at work with our "Biggest Loser Challenge". I am taking Phentermine, but don't judge. . .I need the 600+ dollars to repair my wardrobe. Don't give me crap about the Phentermine, I took it years ago along with healthy eating and exercise. . .lost 40 lb and kept it off until I became pregnant.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

Oh no! Hope everything goes ok. Can I ask where it is?
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    For those who want to know, This is why I am mad at Sgt. Sexy Pants:

He sent me a text about how he was talking to another coworker

"She's talking about how she and her father hate the Chinese because they bombed Pearl Harbor."

I was stunned into silence. I finally responded with
    "I don't even have words..."

He said: "Are you trying to figure out how that is wrong?"

I said: "Seriously?! You think I'm THAT dumb?! The Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor!"

He said: "Well now that you googled it."

All in all, not REALLY anything to be mad about but I gave him a big piece of my mind about how I have not one but TWO parents who served in the United States Armed Forces and my Grandfathers fought in WW2 so of COURSE I would know who bombed Pearl Harbor.

I bond with my father watching all kinds of war documentaries and I just can't believe he... I really just. UGH!

I can't believe he thinks so little of me and I'm wondering if I will get past it or not.

Any tips are welcome. I did send him a text saying I didn't know he thought so little of my intellect and that he really hurt my feelings. I have gotten nothing back. :disappointed:

So, this strikes me as him teasing without realizing that you are dead tired and can't take it. If I mentioned it again, which I probably wouldn't if he didn't, ask him to choose his teasing times better. No one socializes well after 14 straight days of work and those we love often take the worst of it.

But I know where you're coming from because my family has military roots back to at least the Civil War. That brother against brother thing totally happened in my family. Some kid in my high school said to me, "your mother wears combat boots." my brother rolled laughing when I said, "She did and they fit me. If you have a problem with it, I can wear them tomorrow to kick your (tush) or I can just do it now, whichever." (curse word changed for the thread) My dad is a Korean and Vietnam Wars vet and has a bronze star with valor. He won't talk about why. He is disabled because of Agent Orange. My mom has a brother on Utah beach on one on Omaha beach. My 2nd & 3rd brothers are decorated combat veterans. My second son is in Jr. ROTC will join the Air Force after school. It's not a subject I would easily be teased about either. The blood, sweat and tears of OUR families water the Tree of Liberty and I am proud of that because someone has to do it. Thank your parents for me.

Thank you for your sacrifices and service!! @lilaclovebird as well

Way behind but wanted to say this
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    As info to the quest bar nom-noms....

BodyBuilding.com has 12-Bars Quest Nutrition Protein Bars (various flavors) on sale for $24.99 - 30% off promotional code 30AWARDS2015 (apply at checkout) = $17.49. Shipping is $5.98.

Ahhhh! I'm buying a million!

I'll be over here in Canada with my $35 boxes from GNC, lol.

Still cheaper than the bacon & egg McMuffin combo my husband eats every day for breakfast, I guess.

Yum! The only thing I really like about McDonald's is their breakfast. I heard a dirty rumor they're going to start serving it all day. Does anyone know if that is true, because if it is, I'm in BIG, BIG trouble!

I don't know, but I haven't eaten a McMuffin in years because the egg/cheese combination grosses me out. I like eggs and I like cheese, but I HATE them together. No omelettes for this girl. I don't know what it is and I'm not at all a picky eater normally, but that is one food combo I avoid like the plague and will only choke down if I really need to be polite.

Sometimes on ski mornings if we only have time for drive-through I'll have a McDonald's breakfast burrito with no cheese and a couple of packets of that salsa-like sauce, though, which is a pretty sad breakfast but adequate for the job. I've gotten smart enough to pack protein bars lately though so I don't usually have to resort to that anymore.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    So, since everyone was sharing little gems today for page 1400 (which I missed), here's my deep and wisdomful contribution:

990b5156b155565fe9c4dd3423fda93f.jpg

So far behind, but this is hilarious!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Random things I hope to do one day:

1) Kick down a door. Don't know why, it just looks fun. But based on how attempting to kick a fence board down went, I don't think I'll be very good at kicking in doors.

2) Flip a table when I'm mad. Preferably someone else's table, with their stuff on it.

I always thought it would be fun to be invisible for a day.

It totally would be!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Guilty confession: I love McD's breakfast burritos!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Sure I've lost 55 lb. . . but 30lb of that was water retention and 10 lb baby that dropped on in 3 weeks. . .

It makes me feel good though to put in my highest pregnancy weight. So when I am back down to my pre - pre pregnancy weight I can tell myself and others, "I lost 110lb", even thought the pregnancy weight is kind of cheating. . .

I am also cheating at work with our "Biggest Loser Challenge". I am taking Phentermine, but don't judge. . .I need the 600+ dollars to repair my wardrobe. Don't give me crap about the Phentermine, I took it years ago along with healthy eating and exercise. . .lost 40 lb and kept it off until I became pregnant.

I just want to gush about that adorable little smush face in your profile pic!!! Oh my gosh, SOOOO cute!!!
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options

*shudders at the sound of snipping flesh

I had no idea that you'd have such exercise restrictions after the procedure. Huh. I wonder why? Man, I feel like you might go crazy not being able to do all the things you're used to for 2 weeks! Ack!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Random things I hope to do one day:

1) Kick down a door. Don't know why, it just looks fun. But based on how attempting to kick a fence board down went, I don't think I'll be very good at kicking in doors.

2) Flip a table when I'm mad. Preferably someone else's table, with their stuff on it.

Life goal! Kicking down the door would be fun too. I need to build up some more leg strength before that happens though.

Confession: I like kicking/punching things.

Confession: I have done both of these things. The door was flimsy or I was Hulk kind of angry.

LOL
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Congratulations @bkhamill she is gorgeous!! Hope mom and little Lily are doing well!! <3

x2 She's beautiful!!!
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

Thinking of you @pofoster21! I had melanoma about 4 years ago. Just be glad it was caught!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins @nonoelmo @MoHousdon
    Turns out he was just joking. He had NO idea it would hurt my feelings and when we talked, he was about to apologize and I asked him not to. It wasn't his fault I took it the wrong way. He said he knows I'm smart and thinks I'm "young, beautiful, and have a lot of potential." Yeah he used those words. :blush:
    He's encouraging me to go back to school, which is good.

I keep getting this feeling that he wants me to be happy, not just rich. :wink:

I wondered if he might have been joking and wondered if he thought it were completely obvious (to him) that he was joking.

You are smart and beautiful (young too) and you have TONS of potential. Totally get your tucus back in school. The sooner the better. I speak from loads of experience (and others here have taken similar paths) that the sooner you get back into school the better. It does not become easier to return the longer you wait. You can PM me any time if you need extra or specific encouragement but you can do this.

Step 1: Do you have all the prerequisites out of the way? Do those even one at at time while you are working. Take a FUN class first to get yourself back in the school mode. It can even be a non-credit course just for fun. Do it.)
    Step 2: (this may be step one) fill out a FAFSA and make a note to fill it out again Jan 1 or 2 of next year.
    Step 3: (notice this is NOT at all the first step,) figure out what you want to do, what you want to major in and get in to talk to an academic adviser about what steps are needed. (Repeat this step, often you need to talk to multiple people to get all the answers you need.)
    Step 4: Look at resources and scholarships and other funding sources. When I started back I was in talking to the financial aid advisers, academic advisers, and the women support center. I asked classmates questions, and just kept asking until I figured things out. Look for scholarships. Keep looking. If you go to a community college get great grades and join the honor society (I swear to you this helped me get a $10,000 deans scholarship when I transferred to a four-year college.)
    Step 5: Understand and internalize that you CAN do this. We believe in you. Look to others for inspiration too, I know this amazing talented group of people can offer great insight into their experience and what they did.

Thumbnail of my experience:
    At age 32 with a medically fragile infant and a 2 year old as a stay at home mom to care for those kids, working graveyard shift, I thought I'd take "one" class a semester and maybe someday earn an associates degree.
    On my 42nd birthday I was conferred a PhD in chemistry.

I believe in you!!!

OMG! There IS hope for me!

I keep thinking at 26 it might be too late. :disappointed:

I have some prerequisites out of the way but I never made it far because I was always over loaded. Now, I have nothing but time and maybe I could get my friend Alycia back into school and she could get a degree too!

I work overnights and have lots of time for studying and my Sergeants and Lieutenant all think I should study while working. It would be nice to get a Bachelor's Degree in something. :smiley:

Assuming your average life expectancy is about 82... do you really believe anything is too late at age 26?

My grandfather, born a (SusieQ is the B word for illegitimate on your list of words not to use?) born an illegitimate child in 1902 went back to school in the late 1950's for his third degree. That was almost completely unheard of at the time. No judgement whatsoever to you - Just STOP limiting yourself with false deadlines and made up limitations. It is not at all too late. Now is a wonderful time. You have some life experience, you have time, you have more of an idea of why it is important, you recognize how much it will change your life. Start taking some steps to get moving. Don't just jump in too fast, though, ease back in with one or maybe two classes. The adult brain does change and if you have been out of school you have to relearn how to learn. It is all a good thing but it is different too.

Do it!! :smiley:<3

Every single thing @nonoelmo said. I love your story @nonoelmo and that of your family! I also LOVE school...I'd get 10 degrees if I could, even though that would be "silly". My husband just applied to and was accepted into an online software design/computer science degree program. He's always been interested in learning how to program, but never thought he'd get a chance to do it. He turns 41 this month and this would be his first degree. I'm SO proud of him! He is bouncing off the walls with excitement and he's already trying to get a head start on some of his classes. He's doing a somewhat unique (and less expensive) program through a school called Western Governors University. You pay a flat fee for 6 months of tuition and can take as many credits during that time as you want. You work on only one class at a time until it's finished, then you start another, so you don't have to juggle a bunch of subjects at once. Anyhow, I thought the format was pretty excellent! @lilaclovebird - feel free to PM me if you want any encouragement or info!!

My brother will be 50 this year and is also working on his first degree through Western Governors University. My mother graduated college just shy of her 60th birthday. It's never too late!
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I think just about everyone in my family is right-handed. My left-handed professor in college stated that when he was younger, everyone at his school believed left-handedness meant the devil had a hold on you or something dumb like that. He was forced to have his hand bound and learn to write with his right hand. Now he can do both pretty perfectly, but he writes with his right hand and does pretty much everything else with his left. I can't believe they would force something on a child like that.... hearing about his past made me pretty upset.

I have a strong craving for some vinegary chips. Or banana peppers. Or pickle juice. DILL PICKLE CHIPS <3 When I get vinegar cravings I can really go bonkers.

LOVE salty vinegary things....now I'm craving them too! Ooh! Have you ever had salt and vinegar almonds?? I eat them like every day. So good...

I love salty vinegary things too. These,sound amazing.

They're made by Blue Diamond...I insist you get some immediately!