Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    To add insult to injury on the whole wasted-road-trip thing, I should include that my husband ate the following yesterday, all in the car:

1. Bacon and egg McMuffin, hashbrown, coffee (10:00 AM)
    2. Crispy chicken McWrap (1:00 PM)
    3. A&W Mozza Burger, onion rings (6:00 PM)
    4. Wendy's junior bacon cheeseburger (10:00 PM)

Plus some fruit leather and an Arizona Iced Tea. I don't know whether to be disgusted or impressed, considering we didn't get any exercise at all.

I had a Quest bar, and that was it. Too icked out by the fast food and mad about the day to bother eating, so at least it didn't turn into a pig-out for me too.

He's getting nothing but grilled chicken, fish, and vegetables for the next three days, I swear.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I am getting my skin cancer cut out today. I had no idea no running, riding, swimming, or anything but walking or the stationary bike after 2 days for TWO weeks. I am not happy.

Not to mention the sound of the snipping of my flesh is making me a bit nauseous.

*shudders at the sound of snipping flesh

I had no idea that you'd have such exercise restrictions after the procedure. Huh. I wonder why? Man, I feel like you might go crazy not being able to do all the things you're used to for 2 weeks! Ack!

Me either! They told me 'restricted' for the first few days. When I got here they said nothing. I am not even supposed to WALK for 2 days (I think this is silly I plan on walking ). I almost left but figured I would never make it back. So here I am. I am sooo not happy. I have IM WI in 6 weeks! And I am already under trained. I am going to be a mess. Not to mention not RIDING!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I think just about everyone in my family is right-handed. My left-handed professor in college stated that when he was younger, everyone at his school believed left-handedness meant the devil had a hold on you or something dumb like that. He was forced to have his hand bound and learn to write with his right hand. Now he can do both pretty perfectly, but he writes with his right hand and does pretty much everything else with his left. I can't believe they would force something on a child like that.... hearing about his past made me pretty upset.

I have a strong craving for some vinegary chips. Or banana peppers. Or pickle juice. DILL PICKLE CHIPS <3 When I get vinegar cravings I can really go bonkers.

LOVE salty vinegary things....now I'm craving them too! Ooh! Have you ever had salt and vinegar almonds?? I eat them like every day. So good...

I love salty vinegary things too. These,sound amazing.

They're made by Blue Diamond...I insist you get some immediately!

I just may!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I am getting my skin cancer cut out today. I had no idea no running, riding, swimming, or anything but walking or the stationary bike after 2 days for TWO weeks. I am not happy.

Not to mention the sound of the snipping of my flesh is making me a bit nauseous.

:s I would be very unhappy about that too! At least you are getting it taken care of.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Finally got caught up. Sad to say for the next couple months reading this thread at work is going to be next to impossible.

@orangesmarties love those pictures a lot!

Glad you caught up!
    I just wanted to point out that the orangesmarties person you mentioned is not the person from this thread. She is orangemsartie with no "s"....just for future mentioning. :)

Goodness thanks @kelly_c_77 wonder how many times I have done that. Eek

Haha, not sure...but now you know! :)

And count me as another who hates the taste of black licorice!

And... EXIT...do you say "eggzit" or "eksit"??
    I say eggzit.

I used to say egg-zit until a new employee pointed it out to me and laughed at me for it. Now I'm always aware of how I say it and try to pronounce it eks-it
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    saraherren wrote: »
    My sweet dog passed away this morning and I couldn't be any more miserable.v39ckqj9u38n.jpg

So sorry @saraherren :heartbreak:
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

Oh no! Hope everything goes ok. Can I ask where it is?

My shoulder. Basically upper bicep. It's been there for a while. I am not good at doing this kind of stuff. Finally decided to deal with it. Not good in that I neglect going to the doctor, not that it bothers me. I am pretty ok with most things just find these kinds of things annoying to take time out of my day. This is ridiculous. I have been here for 4 hours now. They snip then test then snip some more. I have been in 3 times now for snipping. Hoping 3rd time was a charm.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I just want to say:

1. I am very jealous of all these fabulous vacations everyone is taking. :neutral:
    2. I am judging everyone who hasn't read Harry Potter. :wink:
    3. I have read all the posts and nodded agreement with many responses, but haven't taken the time to respond. Just know I am celebrating the good and mourning the bad with you guys. <3
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    No time to read and catch up right now, but here are some pics of the new grandbaby, Lily Kay

Congratulations @bkhamill !! She's adorable.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Guilty confession: I love McD's breakfast burritos!

They're so tiny though.

Confession: I love all 460 calories of the bacon, egg, and (sorry @peleroja) cheese biscuit. They are my most favoritest thing by far on their menu.

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

They're so tiny though.

Confession: I love all 460 calories of the bacon, egg, and (sorry @peleroja) cheese biscuit. They are my most favoritest thing by far on their menu.
    Well, yeah, that's why they come in pairs. With a hash brown. :#
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    OK, I shouldn't be here but had to do a quick check. Yay for so much good news in here! @bkhamill congrats on the new grandbaby, @crosbylee awesome cancer-free news, @orangesmartie so glad to hear you all WANT to work it out, and have fun in the UK @LBuehrle8!

I'm out for the next week (leave for conference tomorrow) and have no chance of keeping up here, but I'll try to pop into the bat cave. @MoHousdon and @jthurman3 I want to hear about your SL 5x5 workouts this week!

Dang it! I forgot I told you I was starting that this week. :o Guess I need to start that this week. We (Mr. Mo and I) were supposed to start this morning, but I had to take Rachael to her school to change her classes. Long irritating story.

I'm going to watch the second video at lunch today so I can learn workout B. Maybe Mr. Mo will want to go tonight after dinner. Doubtful, but maybe.
    OK, I shouldn't be here but had to do a quick check. Yay for so much good news in here! @bkhamill congrats on the new grandbaby, @crosbylee awesome cancer-free news, @orangesmartie so glad to hear you all WANT to work it out, and have fun in the UK @LBuehrle8!

I'm out for the next week (leave for conference tomorrow) and have no chance of keeping up here, but I'll try to pop into the bat cave. @MoHousdon and @jthurman3 I want to hear about your SL 5x5 workouts this week!

Dang it! I forgot I told you I was starting that this week. :o Guess I need to start that this week. We (Mr. Mo and I) were supposed to start this morning, but I had to take Rachael to her school to change her classes. Long irritating story.

I'm going to watch the second video at lunch today so I can learn workout B. Maybe Mr. Mo will want to go tonight after dinner. Doubtful, but maybe.

@WestCoastJo82 & @MoHousdon - We didn't do the workout yesterday, mostly because my knees were killing me from walking so many floors of stairs on my breaks last week (at least 20 floors a day Mon-Fri). It turns out my knees didn't love that. I want to make sure that I start the SL program with knees feeling good because the squats are what make me most uncertain with my sketchy knees.

I think we will delay the start to next Monday and I'm laying off the stairs this whole week so that I can start off the best way. I'm still really excited about the program and want to give it my all! My knees feel a bit better today and I think they will be 100% by the end of the week. I will definitely keep you posted! :smiley:

I may hold off and start next week too. I still need to get me some Chucks and make sure I watch the tutorials as to not injure myself. I am excited about starting too, but not that excited about having to get up at least an hour earlier 3 times a week since Mr. Mo wants to workout before work.

9og6n6f7k9oi.jpg

@MoHousdon I just got the greatest shoes...New Balance Minamalist...they are different than any shoe I've ever worn. They have a wide toe area, which is good for lifting weights (they're weight training shoes). I can definitely tell a difference in my squats and deadlifts.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

My shoulder. Basically upper bicep. It's been there for a while. I am not good at doing this kind of stuff. Finally decided to deal with it. Not good in that I neglect going to the doctor, not that it bothers me. I am pretty ok with most things just find these kinds of things annoying to take time out of my day. This is ridiculous. I have been here for 4 hours now. They snip then test then snip some more. I have been in 3 times now for snipping. Hoping 3rd time was a charm.
    Well that's a drag. Will be worthwhile though - you don't want to mess around when it comes to that kind of thing. I guess they're making sure they get the margins. Hope you've got a good book. I suggest Harry Potter. ;)
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    adbhmb wrote: »
    I have taken almost every fad "weight loss" pill out there, and even though I KNOW they don't work I still look them all over every time I'm in that section of the store.

Everyone is tempted by the easy out. Unfortunately, we have to work hard for the things in life that are worth having.

This.

As a cashier/customer service it takes all my energy at times to not tell people about taking diet pills. I figure it's their money & they can do with it what they want. A lady the one day was going to get Alli & decided not to & I told her that was a good choice since it had a nasty side effect.

I confess when I was heavier I read an Email that said you only get so many heartbeats per life so don't waste them by exercising or something similar. I knew it wasn't true, but I told my sister that was my excuse. She still laughs about that to this day.

My dad has busted this out on occasion lol
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Yikes. Please take care of yourself!

Yes, this! Please.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    adbhmb wrote: »
    I have taken almost every fad "weight loss" pill out there, and even though I KNOW they don't work I still look them all over every time I'm in that section of the store.

Everyone is tempted by the easy out. Unfortunately, we have to work hard for the things in life that are worth having.

This.

As a cashier/customer service it takes all my energy at times to not tell people about taking diet pills. I figure it's their money & they can do with it what they want. A lady the one day was going to get Alli & decided not to & I told her that was a good choice since it had a nasty side effect.

I confess when I was heavier I read an Email that said you only get so many heartbeats per life so don't waste them by exercising or something similar. I knew it wasn't true, but I told my sister that was my excuse. She still laughs about that to this day.

My dad has busted this out on occasion lol

I think that's what Reddit refers to as "fatlogic", hahaha.
  • MoHousdon
    Options

@WestCoastJo82 & @MoHousdon - We didn't do the workout yesterday, mostly because my knees were killing me from walking so many floors of stairs on my breaks last week (at least 20 floors a day Mon-Fri). It turns out my knees didn't love that. I want to make sure that I start the SL program with knees feeling good because the squats are what make me most uncertain with my sketchy knees.

I think we will delay the start to next Monday and I'm laying off the stairs this whole week so that I can start off the best way. I'm still really excited about the program and want to give it my all! My knees feel a bit better today and I think they will be 100% by the end of the week. I will definitely keep you posted! :smiley:

I may hold off and start next week too. I still need to get me some Chucks and make sure I watch the tutorials as to not injure myself. I am excited about starting too, but not that excited about having to get up at least an hour earlier 3 times a week since Mr. Mo wants to workout before work.

9og6n6f7k9oi.jpg

@MoHousdon I just got the greatest shoes...New Balance Minamalist...they are different than any shoe I've ever worn. They have a wide toe area, which is good for lifting weights (they're weight training shoes). I can definitely tell a difference in my squats and deadlifts.

Picture?

• MoHousdon
    Options

They're so tiny though.

Well, yeah, that's why they come in pairs. With a hash brown. :#

Yes, but still. I do like the hash brown.

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @pofoster21 I hope the removal goes well. That sucks about the exercise.

@Susieq_1994 you'll get back on the right side. I have faith in you.

@ythannah I agree on the 2 seasons thing!!
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options

Well that's a drag. Will be worthwhile though - you don't want to mess around when it comes to that kind of thing. I guess they're making sure they get the margins. Hope you've got a good book. I suggest Harry Potter. ;)

Hahahahaha.... I second the suggestion! I'm glad you're getting it taken care of, though, @pofoster21 ! No WALKING for 2 days? Really? I just don't understand that. Huh. Maybe just don't flail your arms like a windmill when you're walking and you'll be ok.