Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Marmite:

Imagination_Marmite_P_0.jpg

One little pot will last you a year. YUM.

That does not look appealing at all, lol. Vitamin B flavored yeast? Yum? Not on my toast. :|

Doesn't seem appealing to me either. I think I'll stick with my peanut & almond butters.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    @longandpink - you can do this. I have family members with BPD and it's hard, but life is worth fighting for.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Except for crayon and coupon (q-pon), I pronounce each of those words interchangeably. I guess it depends on my mood or something.

I also randomly bust out with a fake British accent. :)

Doesn't every non-British person? I assume British people will bust out fake American or Canadian accents too.

Ya, I sometimes like to talk aboat things in a fake Canadian accent eh.

ETA: @MoHousdon if I do an American accent it's normally southern and involves using y'all at the end of everything and replacing the letter E with I sounds.

Example? Also, the first bit made me chuckle. That's pretty much how I imagined it would be. :smiley:

You didn't ask me, but I have a friend named Beth and her sister calls her Beye-eth. It's more like adding a long I in front of any short E. I also have a cousin Sarah and everyone calls her Sar-ee. And the quintessential southern sentence is "I reckon so." pronounced "ah wreck-in so"
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I am just a little excited to take my daugher to her check up at the cancer center tomorrow. They have recently had end of treatment bells donated to them and she will get to ring it! After over two years of worry and watching, we ended treatment in June and she has been cancer free since then. She may never really realize how big a thing she has been through, but I know there are parts she will never forget.

This is wonderful.

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    @crosbylee that is wonderful!

Speaking of good things, I'm currently celebrating a mini win with Raelynn! She's been talking about going to the water park all weekend, so I took her today, and she had a ball! I was worried because it was crowded and she's on the leery side when it comes to water, but she enjoyed every minute of it! No, I didn't get pictures since I was taking every bit of today in, but believe me, this mama has been smiling all day! :smiley:

~smiles~
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Someone was tired after playing so hard today! ❤️❤️

600rgu3huksm.jpg

ETA: For the record, we're sitting in the driveway so she can finish her nap, I didn't take this while driving lol!

I'm so proud of her! It's days like this that give me hope that she'll be able to cope with her "disability" (if you can call it that) and live a fulfilling life even with the SPD and anxiety.

She WILL be able to have a wonderful life. And she is adorable.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Someone was tired after playing so hard today! ❤️❤️

600rgu3huksm.jpg

ETA: For the record, we're sitting in the driveway so she can finish her nap, I didn't take this while driving lol!

I'm so proud of her! It's days like this that give me hope that she'll be able to cope with her "disability" (if you can call it that) and live a fulfilling life even with the SPD and anxiety.

She WILL be able to have a wonderful life. And she is adorable.

I agree completely.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else @raelynnsmama52512 !! She'll have a great life because she has two parents who love her more than anything/anyone else in the world! <3
  • mrsdrshot
    mrsdrshot Posts: 154 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Sorry, can't seem to delete a post entirely.
  • mrsdrshot
    mrsdrshot Posts: 154 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm not caught up but just came to complain that traffic and construction made our 3 hr drive into over 5 hours, so by the time we got to the trailhead we wouldn't have finished hiking until 10PM. So...we had to turn around and drive back, which we're still doing. So ten hours of driving for absolutely nothing. Not impressed.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    I'm not caught up but just came to complain that traffic and construction made our 3 hr drive into over 5 hours, so by the time we got to the trailhead we wouldn't have finished hiking until 10PM. So...we had to turn around and drive back, which we're still doing. So ten hours of driving for absolutely nothing. Not impressed.
    That is sad. What a bummer. I was thinking of you and how excited you were to go hiking. I'm sorry it didn't work out today.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins @nonoelmo @MoHousdon
    Turns out he was just joking. He had NO idea it would hurt my feelings and when we talked, he was about to apologize and I asked him not to. It wasn't his fault I took it the wrong way. He said he knows I'm smart and thinks I'm "young, beautiful, and have a lot of potential." Yeah he used those words. :blush:
    He's encouraging me to go back to school, which is good.

I keep getting this feeling that he wants me to be happy, not just rich. :wink:
  • BodyByBex
    edited August 2015
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I am just a little excited to take my daugher to her check up at the cancer center tomorrow. They have recently had end of treatment bells donated to them and she will get to ring it! After over two years of worry and watching, we ended treatment in June and she has been cancer free since then. She may never really realize how big a thing she has been through, but I know there are parts she will never forget.

Stories like THIS are why I work at MD Anderson. We get new blogs from cancer patients every day who get to ring the bell that signals "I DID IT! I WON!"

ETA: I think I'mma cry.... :cry: :bawling:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    I confess it always baffles me when someone brings up that I am left handed as it is some rare disease. Any other lefties here?

right here!!
    the "omg, you're left handed?!?!" has gotten a bit old.
    as has the "wow, i never knew you were left handed!"
    ummm....because it doesn't really matter, perhaps?

So much this!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/lefties-unite#.axr0gxRG7

I hate spiral notebooks & binders!

I also remember having a hard time tying my shoes when I was first learning because everyone was trying to show me right handed.

the worst for me was being forced to use pencils in elementary school.
    the whole side of my hand would be silver, and the notes would be all smeared. ugh

I'm not a lefty but SILVER SURER HAND FTW!!!!
  • nonoelmo
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Turns out he was just joking. He had NO idea it would hurt my feelings and when we talked, he was about to apologize and I asked him not to. It wasn't his fault I took it the wrong way. He said he knows I'm smart and thinks I'm "young, beautiful, and have a lot of potential." Yeah he used those words. :blush:

I wondered if he might have been joking and wondered if he thought it were completely obvious (to him) that he was joking.

You are smart and beautiful (young too) and you have TONS of potential. Totally get your tucus back in school. The sooner the better. I speak from loads of experience (and others here have taken similar paths) that the sooner you get back into school the better. It does not become easier to return the longer you wait. You can PM me any time if you need extra or specific encouragement but you can do this.

Step 1: Do you have all the prerequisites out of the way? Do those even one at at time while you are working. Take a FUN class first to get yourself back in the school mode. It can even be a non-credit course just for fun. Do it.)
    Step 2: (this may be step one) fill out a FAFSA and make a note to fill it out again Jan 1 or 2 of next year.
    Step 3: (notice this is NOT at all the first step,) figure out what you want to do, what you want to major in and get in to talk to an academic adviser about what steps are needed. (Repeat this step, often you need to talk to multiple people to get all the answers you need.)
    Step 4: Look at resources and scholarships and other funding sources. When I started back I was in talking to the financial aid advisers, academic advisers, and the women support center. I asked classmates questions, and just kept asking until I figured things out. Look for scholarships. Keep looking. If you go to a community college get great grades and join the honor society (I swear to you this helped me get a $10,000 deans scholarship when I transferred to a four-year college.)
    Step 5: Understand and internalize that you CAN do this. We believe in you. Look to others for inspiration too, I know this amazing talented group of people can offer great insight into their experience and what they did.

Thumbnail of my experience:
    At age 32 with a medically fragile infant and a 2 year old as a stay at home mom to care for those kids, working graveyard shift, I thought I'd take "one" class a semester and maybe someday earn an associates degree.
    On my 42nd birthday I was conferred a PhD in chemistry.

I believe in you!!!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »

I wondered if he might have been joking and wondered if he thought it were completely obvious (to him) that he was joking.

You are smart and beautiful (young too) and you have TONS of potential. Totally get your tucus back in school. The sooner the better. I speak from loads of experience (and others here have taken similar paths) that the sooner you get back into school the better. It does not become easier to return the longer you wait. You can PM me any time if you need extra or specific encouragement but you can do this.

Step 1: Do you have all the prerequisites out of the way? Do those even one at at time while you are working. Take a FUN class first to get yourself back in the school mode. It can even be a non-credit course just for fun. Do it.)
    Step 2: (this may be step one) fill out a FAFSA and make a note to fill it out again Jan 1 or 2 of next year.
    Step 3: (notice this is NOT at all the first step,) figure out what you want to do, what you want to major in and get in to talk to an academic adviser about what steps are needed. (Repeat this step, often you need to talk to multiple people to get all the answers you need.)
    Step 4: Look at resources and scholarships and other funding sources. When I started back I was in talking to the financial aid advisers, academic advisers, and the women support center. I asked classmates questions, and just kept asking until I figured things out. Look for scholarships. Keep looking. If you go to a community college get great grades and join the honor society (I swear to you this helped me get a $10,000 deans scholarship when I transferred to a four-year college.)
    Step 5: Understand and internalize that you CAN do this. We believe in you. Look to others for inspiration too, I know this amazing talented group of people can offer great insight into their experience and what they did.

At age 32 with a medically fragile infant and a 2 year old as a stay at home mom to care for those kids, working graveyard shift, I thought I'd take "one" class a semester and maybe someday earn an associates degree.

I believe in you!!!

OMG! There IS hope for me!

I keep thinking at 26 it might be too late. :disappointed:

I have some prerequisites out of the way but I never made it far because I was always over loaded. Now, I have nothing but time and maybe I could get my friend Alycia back into school and she could get a degree too!

I work overnights and have lots of time for studying and my Sergeants and Lieutenant all think I should study while working. It would be nice to get a Bachelor's Degree in something. :smiley:
  • nonoelmo
    Options

I believe in you!!!

I have some prerequisites out of the way but I never made it far because I was always over loaded. Now, I have nothing but time and maybe I could get my friend Alycia back into school and she could get a degree too!

I work overnights and have lots of time for studying and my Sergeants and Lieutenant all think I should study while working. It would be nice to get a Bachelor's Degree in something. :smiley:

Assuming your average life expectancy is about 82... do you really believe anything is too late at age 26?

My grandfather, born a (SusieQ is the B word for illegitimate on your list of words not to use?) born an illegitimate child in 1902 went back to school in the late 1950's for his third degree. That was almost completely unheard of at the time. No judgement whatsoever to you - Just STOP limiting yourself with false deadlines and made up limitations. It is not at all too late. Now is a wonderful time. You have some life experience, you have time, you have more of an idea of why it is important, you recognize how much it will change your life. Start taking some steps to get moving. Don't just jump in too fast, though, ease back in with one or maybe two classes. The adult brain does change and if you have been out of school you have to relearn how to learn. It is all a good thing but it is different too.

Do it!! :smiley:<3

• nonoelmo
    Options

I believe in you!!!

Assuming your average life expectancy is about 82... do you really believe anything is too late at age 26?

My grandfather, born a (SusieQ is the B word for illegitimate on your list of words not to use?) born an illegitimate child in 1902 went back to school in the late 1950's for his third degree. That was almost completely unheard of at the time. No judgement whatsoever to you - Just STOP limiting yourself with false deadlines and made up limitations. It is not at all too late. Now is a wonderful time. You have some life experience, you have time, you have more of an idea of why it is important, you recognize how much it will change your life. Start taking some steps to get moving. Don't just jump in too fast, though, ease back in with one or maybe two classes. The adult brain does change and if you have been out of school you have to relearn how to learn. It is all a good thing but it is different too.

Do it!! :smiley:<3

PS Hopefully your friend Alycia will want to go back too, but this is about you. You doing something wonderful and challenging to invest in you and it is not about anyone else. It is great if she joins you but do it for you even if you do it alone. xoxoxoxo
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    I am very much in support of anyone adding to their education. :smiley: