Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Someone was tired after playing so hard today! ❤️❤️

ETA: For the record, we're sitting in the driveway so she can finish her nap, I didn't take this while driving lol!

I'm so proud of her! It's days like this that give me hope that she'll be able to cope with her "disability" (if you can call it that) and live a fulfilling life even with the SPD and anxiety.

Awww...she is too cute!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I am known at work for making really good cakes, usually from scratch. Today one of the guys is leaving to take a job out of state, so they asked me to make him a German chocolate cake. I made it- box mix, can of frosting. Everyone is raving about how good it is. I don't know whether I should be flattered or disappointed.

ETA: Yay me, I can follow directions!

German Choc cake is the one I'm the most tempted to do this with. I never make anything out of a box (My kitchen would have to be on fire first lol) but German Choc Cake from scratch tastes almost exactly like a box mix. If anything, scratch made is less sweet and mild chocolate flavor. The cake is a cinch to make, but the frosting is a PITA. Making the caramel base and throwing in the pecans and stirring til your arms hate you on extremely low heat drives me nuts... My mom asks for a GC Cake every year for her birthday and I do it but every year I swear I'm substituting Duncan Hines...Then no matter how cold/cooled off the cake is, even if you do a crumb coat, frosting it is HARD.

This is the mix I used:

It is delicious! It has a separate packet of coconut pecan mix to add in before baking. It is super moist! I baked it in a 9 x 13 pan and frosted it with whatever brand of coconut pecan frosting I grabbed first. (Betty Crocker, I think?)
    Edit: because spelling is hard.

Would I be driven out of the thread if I admitted that I'd most likely HATE German Chocolate cake? I hate nuts in everything (they can only be eaten alone, unless we're talking nut butter), and I really hate coconut in desserts--and in everything else. I can only eat it plain and fresh.
    German chocolate cake has a special place in my heart. My dad used to buy one for everyone on their birthday, thinking it was our favorite cake. The truth is it wasn't the favorite cake of any of us... except for my dad. I think he convinced himself everyone loved it as much as him. Now it always makes me think about him <3

I also do like German chocolate cake, and I'm not a big cake person. I love coconut!

Apparently I loved licorice allsorts as a kid. I have no independent recollection of this.

My father buys me a HUGE tin of them every Christmas as a result.

I don't much care for them any more. Next tin is going to the office for the vultures to devour.

I have zero clue what this is.

3446158757_bcb3cf754e.jpg

I have to admit that I think that looks kind of nasty... :s

These look totally gross. I thought you meant licorice. Like...normal licorice. You can keep this. :)
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    @crosbylee that is wonderful!

Speaking of good things, I'm currently celebrating a mini win with Raelynn! She's been talking about going to the water park all weekend, so I took her today, and she had a ball! I was worried because it was crowded and she's on the leery side when it comes to water, but she enjoyed every minute of it! No, I didn't get pictures since I was taking every bit of today in, but believe me, this mama has been smiling all day! :smiley:

That is fantastic!!! Glad to see her step out of her shell a bit and find something wonderful!! I don't blame you for just enjoying the day with her. Sometimes those memories are the best! :)

I'll echo that!

Me too!
    ETA:
    I am known at work for making really good cakes, usually from scratch. Today one of the guys is leaving to take a job out of state, so they asked me to make him a German chocolate cake. I made it- box mix, can of frosting. Everyone is raving about how good it is. I don't know whether I should be flattered or disappointed.

German Choc cake is the one I'm the most tempted to do this with. I never make anything out of a box (My kitchen would have to be on fire first lol) but German Choc Cake from scratch tastes almost exactly like a box mix. If anything, scratch made is less sweet and mild chocolate flavor. The cake is a cinch to make, but the frosting is a PITA. Making the caramel base and throwing in the pecans and stirring til your arms hate you on extremely low heat drives me nuts... My mom asks for a GC Cake every year for her birthday and I do it but every year I swear I'm substituting Duncan Hines...Then no matter how cold/cooled off the cake is, even if you do a crumb coat, frosting it is HARD.

This is the mix I used:

It is delicious! It has a separate packet of coconut pecan mix to add in before baking. It is super moist! I baked it in a 9 x 13 pan and frosted it with whatever brand of coconut pecan frosting I grabbed first. (Betty Crocker, I think?)

Would I be driven out of the thread if I admitted that I'd most likely HATE German Chocolate cake? I hate nuts in everything (they can only be eaten alone, unless we're talking nut butter), and I really hate coconut in desserts--and in everything else. I can only eat it plain and fresh.
    German chocolate cake has a special place in my heart. My dad used to buy one for everyone on their birthday, thinking it was our favorite cake. The truth is it wasn't the favorite cake of any of us... except for my dad. I think he convinced himself everyone loved it as much as him. Now it always makes me think about him <3

I also do like German chocolate cake, and I'm not a big cake person. I love coconut!

Apparently I loved licorice allsorts as a kid. I have no independent recollection of this.

I don't much care for them any more. Next tin is going to the office for the vultures to devour.

These look totally gross. I thought you meant licorice. Like...normal licorice. You can keep this. :)

Me too to this too!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Licorice All Sorts are my mother's favourite.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    OK, I shouldn't be here but had to do a quick check. Yay for so much good news in here! @bkhamill congrats on the new grandbaby, @crosbylee awesome cancer-free news, @orangesmartie so glad to hear you all WANT to work it out, and have fun in the UK @LBuehrle8!

I'm out for the next week (leave for conference tomorrow) and have no chance of keeping up here, but I'll try to pop into the bat cave. @MoHousdon and @jthurman3 I want to hear about your SL 5x5 workouts this week!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    @kellyjellybellyjelly, no predictions or hopes of who any of them are. I just want to knowwww!!!!! And I don't want it to be someone random/new. I want it to be someone we know already.
    How about you?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

This is the mix I used:

Agreed that looks pretty weird. Some almost look like styrofoam.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    @kellyjellybellyjelly, no predictions or hopes of who any of them are. I just want to knowwww!!!!! And I don't want it to be someone random/new. I want it to be someone we know already.
    How about you?

Even though I haven't watched all of the episodes I've always wanted one of the A's to be Wren for some reason. It would be funny if Aria was the Uber A at the end of the series.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    OK, I shouldn't be here but had to do a quick check. Yay for so much good news in here! @bkhamill congrats on the new grandbaby, @crosbylee awesome cancer-free news, @orangesmartie so glad to hear you all WANT to work it out, and have fun in the UK @LBuehrle8!

I'm out for the next week (leave for conference tomorrow) and have no chance of keeping up here, but I'll try to pop into the bat cave. @MoHousdon and @jthurman3 I want to hear about your SL 5x5 workouts this week!

Thanks, try and enjoy your conference we'll miss you around these parts!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

This is the mix I used:

I don't like the bobbly ones but the others are yum!

The bobbly ones are the only ones I even sort of remotely enjoy... although I could cheerfully live the rest of my life without eating another licorice allsort, of any variety.

I think it's because the centers are more like a firm jelly than the hard rubbery licorice in the other ones. Or maybe it's because I really like the candy thingies (paillettes??) on the outside, they remind me of sprinkles.

They're much better on chocolate
    chocolat-yummies.jpg
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Someone was tired after playing so hard today! ❤️❤️

ETA: For the record, we're sitting in the driveway so she can finish her nap, I didn't take this while driving lol!

I'm so proud of her! It's days like this that give me hope that she'll be able to cope with her "disability" (if you can call it that) and live a fulfilling life even with the SPD and anxiety.

Awww...she is too cute!

Thank you! ❤️
    I wish I had been able to get a few pictures from today, she was so cute today! She kept splashing around saying "I'm a fishy Mommy!" I think we're going to be going back soon. We're both tired, and I'm sunburnt lol!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Marmite:

Imagination_Marmite_P_0.jpg

One little pot will last you a year. YUM.

That does not look appealing at all, lol. Vitamin B flavored yeast? Yum? Not on my toast. :|
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Marmite and Vegemite both sound painful to eat. lol

Agreed on both!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I am just a little excited to take my daugher to her check up at the cancer center tomorrow. They have recently had end of treatment bells donated to them and she will get to ring it! After over two years of worry and watching, we ended treatment in June and she has been cancer free since then. She may never really realize how big a thing she has been through, but I know there are parts she will never forget.

<3
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

This is the mix I used:

It tastes nasty too!
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Random things I hope to do one day:

1) Kick down a door. Don't know why, it just looks fun. But based on how attempting to kick a fence board down went, I don't think I'll be very good at kicking in doors.

2) Flip a table when I'm mad. Preferably someone else's table, with their stuff on it.

Ooo I've always wanted to do #1 too!!! You're hilarious! :p

My friend emailed me to say she was going to have to cancel a workout, so I sent her this:

pplb7gu3pyx7.jpg

And it made me think of it.

this made me laugh-snort at work. Blowing my cover, @ShibaEars ... it's either you or @MoHousdon getting me in trouble with snickering while I'm s'posed to be doing serious bidness.

It's the consequences of being friends with awesomely funny people.

I hate the way I worded that. Early morning brain. :neutral:

LOL... I thought it was funny. I have gotten to know some awesomely funny people on here! :)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I am just a little excited to take my daugher to her check up at the cancer center tomorrow. They have recently had end of treatment bells donated to them and she will get to ring it! After over two years of worry and watching, we ended treatment in June and she has been cancer free since then. She may never really realize how big a thing she has been through, but I know there are parts she will never forget.
    This is wonderful!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Haha when I showed SO the list he was like well we'll cross off half the things on that list but I have no idea what a chocolate frog is (he must be the only person I know who hasn't read Harry Potter!) So I had to explain to him that Harry Potter things were mixed into that list, it was hilarious :)
    Hehe! Which things did he want to cross off? If it's curry, then I'm afraid you need to cancel your trip and cut all ties immediately.

Haha no no he meant we'll cross them off meaning I'll get to try it at some point! Curry is the first thing he wants me to try he eats it ALL the time, seriously. He's a keeper :)
    Phew!
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the well wishes everyone!!
    @Susieq_1994 -Yes she does have a lot of life in her, she rules the roost and knows it! Just offer up supportive thoughts for her kindergarten teacher this fall. That lady is gonna need it with her.

I will try and video the event, as far as make up goes, I may not wear any due to the fact it will be running down my face if I do!!

Oh yes! Video it! What a great way to signal the beginning of the next phase of life.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Haha when I showed SO the list he was like well we'll cross off half the things on that list but I have no idea what a chocolate frog is (he must be the only person I know who hasn't read Harry Potter!) So I had to explain to him that Harry Potter things were mixed into that list, it was hilarious :)

He's not the only one who hasn't read it.. *raises hand*
    And yeah, what is Marmite?

It seems none of the UKians care to answer this, so I will. It's a nasty-looking gunky brown yeast spread that's popular in Australia, and apparently the UK. What I've heard is that you can only love it or hate it--there's no in between. It sounds nasty to me--they sell it here, but I've never tried it. It's also known as Vegemite, I believe.
    Yes! This is a 'hate it' ad:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSp5mrz17Ok