Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I am known at work for making really good cakes, usually from scratch. Today one of the guys is leaving to take a job out of state, so they asked me to make him a German chocolate cake. I made it- box mix, can of frosting. Everyone is raving about how good it is. I don't know whether I should be flattered or disappointed.

ETA: Yay me, I can follow directions!

That's awesome! Did you admit it was box?
    Yes! I owned it! Thursday night is my regular girls' bike group ride. I knew I would be pretty late getting home and didn't want to take the time to make one from scratch. I usually at least make frosting from scratch, but didn't even bother this time. Apparently, there are plenty of people here who can't even make a decent cake using box mix. :neutral:

Nice!
    Man, I bet frosting from scratch is AMAZING!

Oh, it is. And super easy, too--I HATE frosting in a can, ever since I tasted frosting from scratch. You just can't go back!

I'd love to hate frosting in a can.

I polished off the leftover tub in one night.

When I bought the brownie ingredients, I also grabbed a tub of frosting just in case I needed to jazz them up. I ate about a quarter of it (with a spoon, @Italian_Buju just in case you were wondering) while waiting for the brownies to cool enough to sample.

Once I'd decided the brownies didn't need frosting, I then ate some more frosting out of the tub.

Clearly, I need to make frosting from scratch so I can break this nasty habit.

I'll admit that although I don't like it, I still go back for spoon-dips when it's in the house and I'm craving dessert... Just because it's sweet. :D
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Just an FYI to all of you Cheesecake lovers...Today is National Cheesecake Day!

HOW DID I MISS THIS?!?! I have been cheated out of a cheesecake day. That's it! I'm buying cheesecake!!
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Good choices were not made at lunch today. At least it has potassium. :/

I'm really, really fighting the urge to go to the vending machine to get Cheetos...I'm not sure that's a battle I'm going to win.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    I had a dream last night that I started SL 5x5. I was at the Y and I was completely lost on what to do and what machine to use and NO ONE would help me, they all just continued doing their thing even though I looked like a lost child hiding the clothes rack.

This is my fear. I will get up the courage to start and will be totally lost and no one will help me, so I just take myself back to the cardio stuff because it's easy and I have yet to hurt myself on it.

I have anxiety over this. :(

You can ask me or quiksylver! (Or Lois - I think that's what she is doing too). Have you looked at the app yet?

Very briefly. I watched the video for workout A but haven't gotten around to watching workout B yet. I am planning on starting next week, so I will watch B sometime this weekend or something. My plan is to supplement my HIIT with the SL 5x5 so I will do it on Tuesday and Thursday and maybe Saturday. I don't know yet, because I haven't checked out the program yet.

Any help you ladies could offer, would be tremendously helpful and greatly appreciated.

Don't mind me listening in on your advice. I have every intention of starting Stronglifts at some point.

eta: spelling, oy

We may need to start an SL 5x5 thread in the batcave since so many of us are either doing it or going to start doing it. I'm pretty excited about seeing what my body can not only look like, but also, what my body can DO. My goal is more Ronda Rousey and less DLB. B)

Oh my! Total girl crush!!! I love her! <3 If SL 5X5's get me looking like that, I'm NEVER stopping!

Me either! She has the just the right amount of muscle without being gross. Sorry for those that are fans of DLB and that look. It's just not what I'm into or going for.

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Random things I hope to do one day:

1) Kick down a door. Don't know why, it just looks fun. But based on how attempting to kick a fence board down went, I don't think I'll be very good at kicking in doors.

2) Flip a table when I'm mad. Preferably someone else's table, with their stuff on it.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I had a dream last night that I started SL 5x5. I was at the Y and I was completely lost on what to do and what machine to use and NO ONE would help me, they all just continued doing their thing even though I looked like a lost child hiding the clothes rack.

This is my fear. I will get up the courage to start and will be totally lost and no one will help me, so I just take myself back to the cardio stuff because it's easy and I have yet to hurt myself on it.

Just ask. NO FEAR! I've asked huge guys why they are doing a certain lift I've never seen before. They're always happy to tell me. I've had people save me when I failed bench pressing. The weight room is a solitary place, cuz people are focused on themselves. But they are happy to help.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

1) Kick down a door. Don't know why, it just looks fun. But based on how attempting to kick a fence board down went, I don't think I'll be very good at kicking in doors.

2) Flip a table when I'm mad. Preferably someone else's table, with their stuff on it.

Ooo I've always wanted to do #1 too!!! You're hilarious! :p
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Two doughnuts for breakfast, a pint of blackberries and a greek yogurt for lunch to try and off-set the two doughnuts. I feel a little sick...

Is that a typo?! :o

Nope...
  • MoHousdon
    Options

Life goal! Kicking down the door would be fun too. I need to build up some more leg strength before that happens though.

Confession: I like kicking/punching things.

• quiksylver296
    edited July 2015
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    So TMI alert but here's a thought (you've been warned).

As previously bemoaned, a lovely side effect of pregnancy is the slowing down of one's bowel and all the delightful consequences associated therewith.

While I finally managed to 'lighten my load' earlier today after a few days of stalling, it occurred to me that perhaps this is nature's way of readying the body for birth. I swear I had to do breathing exercises to get through it!

I feel better now...

As I don't have children and therefore have never given birth, this scares me :#

I've given birth 4 times with no drugs and I don't recall ever having this problem. I only recall the last one being difficult to push. He was also the only omen induced though, so that's what I blame it on.

I have horror movie scenes running through my head. What is this?!?

ETA: I think I figured it out. "The only one induced" right?
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    I am known at work for making really good cakes, usually from scratch. Today one of the guys is leaving to take a job out of state, so they asked me to make him a German chocolate cake. I made it- box mix, can of frosting. Everyone is raving about how good it is. I don't know whether I should be flattered or disappointed.

ETA: Yay me, I can follow directions!

That's awesome! Did you admit it was box?
    Yes! I owned it! Thursday night is my regular girls' bike group ride. I knew I would be pretty late getting home and didn't want to take the time to make one from scratch. I usually at least make frosting from scratch, but didn't even bother this time. Apparently, there are plenty of people here who can't even make a decent cake using box mix. :neutral:

Nice!
    Man, I bet frosting from scratch is AMAZING!

It's easy to make. Butter, confectioner's sugar, cream (just a bit), dash salt, dash vanilla or cocoa powder depending on flavor. Takes just a few minutes and OMG is it worth the effort.

That's for buttercream and if you whip it longer/sub heavyweight whipping cream for the cream it gets super fluffy... More butter, it gets fudgier...

Omgggg, don't tell me this!!!!

For chocolate buttercream, I use melted chocolate chips and a little brewed coffee instead of cream. I always use unsalted butter and never add salt.

Other flavors I've tried recently- maple (just added maple syrup instead of cream), raspberry mocha (raspberry extract instead of vanilla), and lemon.

I have to add a bit of salt. I always feel like desserts have something missing when they don't have any salt added--as I tell my mystified family, it tastes hollow. ;) I always say that about food that has some sort of deep-but-not-strong flavor missing--the main flavoring might be present, but it's wrapped around a shell of hollowness with no depth. Does ANYONE know what I mean? Or am I nuts?

I totally know what you mean, and agree. Whenever I taste something that isn't quite right, add salt and it's usually fixed. I LOVE salt. I have sweet things I love, but my craving foods are bits of salty fatty deliciousness.
  • ShibaEars
    Options

Life goal! Kicking down the door would be fun too. I need to build up some more leg strength before that happens though.

Confession: I like kicking/punching things.

I love kicking things. If a combat class/video doesn't have what I consider "enough kicks" I don't like it.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

You can ask me or quiksylver! (Or Lois - I think that's what she is doing too). Have you looked at the app yet?

Very briefly. I watched the video for workout A but haven't gotten around to watching workout B yet. I am planning on starting next week, so I will watch B sometime this weekend or something. My plan is to supplement my HIIT with the SL 5x5 so I will do it on Tuesday and Thursday and maybe Saturday. I don't know yet, because I haven't checked out the program yet.

Any help you ladies could offer, would be tremendously helpful and greatly appreciated.

Don't mind me listening in on your advice. I have every intention of starting Stronglifts at some point.

We may need to start an SL 5x5 thread in the batcave since so many of us are either doing it or going to start doing it. I'm pretty excited about seeing what my body can not only look like, but also, what my body can DO. My goal is more Ronda Rousey and less DLB. B)

Oh my! Total girl crush!!! I love her! <3 If SL 5X5's get me looking like that, I'm NEVER stopping!

Me either! She has the just the right amount of muscle without being gross. Sorry for those that are fans of DLB and that look. It's just not what I'm into or going for.

I'm not catching the reference.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Two doughnuts for breakfast, a pint of blackberries and a greek yogurt for lunch to try and off-set the two doughnuts. I feel a little sick...

Is that a typo?! :o

Nope...

Oh, wow! That's a lot of blackberries. Your poop should be interesting...

• ShibaEars
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Ooo I've always wanted to do #1 too!!! You're hilarious! :p

My friend emailed me to say she was going to have to cancel a workout, so I sent her this:

pplb7gu3pyx7.jpg

And it made me think of it.
  • MoHousdon
    Options

Google her.

• WestCoastJo82
    edited July 2015
    Options

Who's DLB? I Googled (briefly), but no love...

Edit: typo
  • sharneymc59
    sharneymc59 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Its shameful went in the bin for some chocolates i through out not too bad on the top and in wrappers
  • ShibaEars
    edited July 2015
    Options

Who's DBL? I Googled (briefly), but no love...

Dana Lynn Bailey (I'm not sure if that's spelled exactly right)

ETA: I think she looks amazing & I can appreciate the amount of hard work she's put in, but it's not a goal look for me either.
  • quiksylver296
    edited July 2015
    Options

Google her.

Who? I don't know who DLB is...

Disregard - thanks, Shiba