Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Caitwn wrote: »
    Wonderful. Nothing like justifying the over-inflated cost of something low cal by having to force it down due to an awful taste. Glad I didn't buy 2. (Thanks for the warning)

Yeah. I actually wasn't going to say anything since you hadn't tasted it yet and maybe you will enjoy it, but I have not had a single good experience with Arctic Zero products. But then, I also don't like the Halo Top stuff that several posters here really enjoy, so...it's good that you are at least trying it. Maybe it'll be a good purchase!

I usually prefer to just budget calories for real ice cream and gelato.

The only 'diet' ice cream I've ever found that I genuinely like is the Skinny Cow line of products. My favorites are the salted caramel pretzel ice cream bars (160 cals, 9g fat); snickerdoodle ice cream sandwiches (120 cals, 2 g fat); chocolate peanut butter ice cream sandwiches (150 cals, 5g fat); chocolate truffle fudge bars (100 cals, 2.5g fat), and the chocolate mousse ganache sugar cone (160 cals, 4.5g fat).

The salt in the wound to this is I DO have the cals for something real. I was going out on a limb for a guilt free treat. I have never tried gelato. How is it?

Heaven on a spoon.

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    http://www.dressbarn.com/detail/bordered-floral-shift-dress/102266210/950

This is the dress I ended up buying Sunday. It's sexy yet understated. Just like me. :smiley:

Oh my God, its so cute! And a great price! And sexy! I love it!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    My pics are really recent pics of me, I don't lie about what I log, I weight myself at the same time on the same day each week, I'm pretty healthy and fit.....oh wait, these are supposed to be confessions.

That's a very condescending statement. If you don't have anything to add to the thread, why don't you just move along? I don't find your attitude to be contributing anything positive here, and you're obviously too perfect to have anything to confess.

I'm pretty sure he was around yesterday, too, wearing his judgy pants.

I feel like judgy pants should look like this:
    00104345-738611_275.jpg

You know, just to warn people.

These cracked me up!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    My pics are really recent pics of me, I don't lie about what I log, I weight myself at the same time on the same day each week, I'm pretty healthy and fit.....oh wait, these are supposed to be confessions.

That's a very condescending statement. If you don't have anything to add to the thread, why don't you just move along? I don't find your attitude to be contributing anything positive here, and you're obviously too perfect to have anything to confess.

Not quite perfect... he doesn't know how to use the English language ... its WEIGH not WEIGHT myself.

And you ROCK Susieq! You nailed it on the head.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    My old account got deleted

And even if I did loose weight I'd probably still wear oversized ugly jumpers

Crap, you made me look. I am 15 away...and I think 99.9% of them were in here!
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    So I tricked my doctor into thinking that I'm a healthy well-adjusted person. I guess I shouldn't say that anymore since it's actually true?
    Anyway I was like "went to twelve step meetings talked to cousin worked hard on college stuff blah blah" but the truth is that my sister moved out and I started listening to a lot of death metal. Also probably hormones or something (but no depression not in this family nope. I don't even care that much anymore. "Regret is an attempt to avoid what has already happened" blah blahhh.)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Decided to go lift weights. Did my warm up, grabbed the 35 lb dumbbells, did 5 reps of rows... Said 'F*** I just hate this ****', put the dumbbells down, did 10 push ups, and called it a day.

Gosh I hate lifting.

And this made me laugh!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I ate a little bit of Half Baked last night but gave the rest to my daughter so I could justify buying another pint the next time I'm at the grocery store.

I wish some of my MFP's lived closer so I'd have workout buddies. Or I wish my husband would want to go with me, but by the time he gets home from being on his feet for 9+ hours, working out is the last thing he wants to do. I asked him if he wanted to work out with me while we're on vacation, he said he DOES plan on working out. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

I agree :) It'd be so neat to meet all y'all in person!

I fear you would be disappointed.

No way! We'd all tear it up at the gym! Then we'd all go out for lunch and some grown up beverages (non-alcohol for myself) and have a grand time!

This sounds great! I'm in!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @bkhamill -I'm glad you are ok.

@nonoelmo -you do have perfect hair for your costume. :)

My boyfriend still isn't here. I'm wondering if he will bother showing up.
    Thank you.

I'm sad for you about your boyfriend. Is this a pattern or one time /first time?

First time thing. Sigh. Oh well.

Anyway, I hope you all have a good weekend!

Wasn't this the day you were supposed to have the "talk"? Or am I completely wrong

Yes, he decided he was too tired to come over which caused another fight. We did end up talking Saturday. I'm going to try to work things out but I'm still torn. I want to try therapy and then if nothing changes, I'm done. :(

My heart physically hurts because I want to stay but yet leave. When things are good they are wonderful but I don't know if I can forgive, forget and trust again. That's why I want to try therapy first.

Now to catch up with the rest of the thread.

Can I ask a question, I apologise if it's intrusive. I'm guessing from some of the things you've said you live apart? But you said you've been together 11 years. Is moving in together something you've discussed? And if so what has stopped you?

Sorry I just saw this. Yea we live apart. We stay together (or used to-not so much now) a lot though. We had planned on moving in together but things keep getting in the way. I seriously think he is someone who doesn't want to make a serious commitment. That is one reason why I don't think this will work either way.

It sucks that I'm so in love with someone that I will probably have to leave someday. I just don't know how I'm going to get through everything.

I am so sorry and agree with the other posters in this thread. He doesn't seem like he wants to put himself into it. The clue to me was him not coming over Friday. That was a mistake (IMHO). He should have been willing to meet you whenever you wanted given he is in the wrong.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I confess...

It's 10 PM and I had a ton of calories left, even after dinner, because I didn't have much of an appetite today. I decided to have something desserty, but we only had vanilla ice cream in the freezer. Plain vanilla isn't really worth the calories to me, although it's nice... So then I had an idea: I got 10 grams of peanut butter, and spread it in a thin layer over the walls of a tiny ice cream bowl, then served the ice cream on top of it. Then, with each bite, I scraped a little peanut butter off the wall of the bowl. Mmmmm, so good.

And then, I STILL had a ton of calories left, so I made a mock peanut butter milkshake. That was so good too.

...I really love peanut butter. :sweat_smile:
    I'm the weirdo whose favourite flavour of ice cream is vanilla.

I love vanilla too. Although, now that I've discovered Ben & Jerry's Half Baked, I would say that's my new fave.

If you like peanut butter they also have a Peanut Butter Half Baked that is good.

*Runs out to find this*

Wait for me.

Would I be universally despised if I admitted that I don't like Ben & Jerry's? I tried one of their flavors just because everyone seems to rave about them (I paid 15 dollars for it, people!!), and it was honestly pretty disappointing. :-/

My favorite brand of ice cream is London Dairy. I love pretty much ALL of their flavours. Mmmmm.

What flavour did you try?

Suzie, do you have Talenti in Saudi Arabia?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I have two updates!

1) My Wegmans does carry the Halo Top Vanilla, Chocolate, and Lemon Cake. They were ALL sold out (they only got a very small amount in) so I shall have to check back.

2) I PASSED MY EXAM!!!!!!!!!! B)

Checking in on a Sunday night because I have actual work to do this week, but so glad to hear this! How's your FIL?

And I'm sure this has already been covered, but why is @JPW1990 in jail?

Ironically, answering that question would be a violation of the rules. Can't have people breaking the strictly upheld rules around here, ya know ;)

Ugh! Curiosity is going to kill us all. Alright, so that was a slight exaggeration. It is going to maim me at least. Okay, okay, but it definitely caused this hangnail!

Ah hangnails are the worst! Well that & paper cuts.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    festerw wrote: »
    We're going on year 3 without satellite. Netflix works well if you aren't dead set on needing to see the latest seasons of network shows. We're also too far out to get broadband so we're limited in what is feasible running through our phones. Luckily we're grandfathered on Verizon's unlimited data or we'd be in trouble since we average about 100GB per month.

But what about sports? My problem with getting rid of cable is losing live college football, NFL, NASCAR, NBA, etc. Is there a way to watch live games other than cable?

*whispers* Online streaming. I do believe it's illegal, though. Most of the sites that have it tend to get the links shut down every so often, then they post new ones, and so on.

I don't actually use it, I just know someone who does. o:) I'm not much of a sports fan.

Thank you. That's what I was thinking as well. I don't think I could do this because if I'm in the middle of a game and lose reception I will be irate!

That's why we spend $$$ on cable - the men of my house are completely unable to accept the possibility of lag/buffer/freezing/etc., were we to watch sports online rather than via the three hundred sports channels they pay for (and I feel like that's only a small exaggeration, haha.)

Still, whatever. It keeps them happy, and if all it takes is a $120/month cable and internet package for them to be able to watch every single hockey game ever, then fine. It gives me an endless stream of cooking shows and baby animal documentaries, too, lol.

Yeah, same here. I gripe about it, but I won't give up my sports unless I have to. It's just such a waste otherwise for me because I hardly watch any TV other than sports. I do use the digital music stations almost daily, though.

All of you are making me sad. I sell this for a living (or rather ... market it) and this is why I expect to not have a job in the next few years. :(
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

This is the dress I ended up buying Sunday. It's sexy yet understated. Just like me. :smiley:

Love it!! Can't wait to wear these types of things!!!

Thanks! I'm excited to wear it. I can dress it up with a pair of heels (I'm thinking teal or blue would look smashing), or down with a pair of Old Navy flip flops.

Also, I liked the way it made my butt look. Confession. I checked out my butt in every dress I tried on, even the horrible ones and my butt looked pretty decent in all of them. There was one that I REALLY liked from Target, but it was barely mid-thigh and I didn't feel comfortable wearing a dress that short.

Lucky! Despite a ton of skiing all winter, my butt remains pretty much totally flat. From the side I just go straight down until an inward curve to my thigh. No bubble at all.

But alas, I hate weights and I especially hate squats, so I don't get to complain, and I've never been built that way regardless. White girl booty forever!

I've always been chatted up by a disproportionate number of black men. I'm sure it's because of my huge bum!

I hated it when I was younger, but that was in the pre-jlo does my bum look big in this days. I've embraced it a bit more now, but I still rarely wear certain types of dresses because I feel like it looks like a shelf and makes me feel really frumpy. I'm hoping when I'm smaller it will not be as bad. So be grateful for your flat bum and the cute little dresses that sit right over it!!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options

Nice!! I like some of the stuff I find there. I need to go shopping again....
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Confession.... Kroger didn't have that Halo Top ice cream so instead I bought some 'artic' something @ 150 cal a pint. I got orange crème as I love that flavor and am highly critical so it will be the true taste test for me. We'll see. I am annoyed though the one time I visit Kroger, they don't have what I came for. This is the same store that up ended everything so shopping takes forever. I doubt I'll be going back unless it's for a cheap tray of sushi.

Just as a warning, that brand has the WORST reputation ever for tasting awful. I've never tried it myself. I think it's called Arctic Zero or something like that?

Confession: Since I have established that nothing is off-limits anymore and have successfully kept vanilla ice cream in my freezer, I used that to justify buying a Speculoos ice cream with chunks of speculoos cookies in it tonight. Also, it's nearly 50 C (122 F) outside, and to keep my beloved ice cream from melting into a puddle on the way home, I held it up to the A/C the. ENTIRE. WAY. I also chanted encouraging slogans, like "You can do this!" and "Hang in there, don't die on me!" and "Please don't die, I love you! I've always loved you!"

My husband may have sniggered a little at my expense. But my ice cream survived, so there.

Hehehehe - I totally have a mental picture of this, and it's fabulous :)
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options

The neckline on that is awesome - super cute.
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    I told him he HAS to be honest with me about some questions I have.

My only advice here would be think long and hard about your questions because I think some things (probably more like specifics) you'd regret knowing.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Did anyone else find one of the recent confessions super creepy? Not quoting it because no judgement, but I confess I am totally judging that!

I am sure that was a troll, that is why I never said anything and am guessing the same for others.....
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    I may have convinced my brother to take his Taco someplace I pretty much knew he'd get stuck just so I could use the Jeep to pull him out.
    IMAG0858_zps4bep4epa.jpg

I also had a burger, slice of pizza and my last 2 Oreo pop tarts for lunch. Plus my leg hurts so I'm not even exercising today.

What is a taco?!?! Other than delicious Mexican food, which I can only assume is not what you're referring to in this particular context.
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    What you are going through is super hard, I do not think anyone here would feel that way!

Thank you!

We both decided to do the counselling (is that spelled right-I can't tell). He came in to my work today to talk to me. He said that it was him fighting for me. It did mean a lot. But at the same time I asked him if he wanted to be with me or if he was just staying with me because I'm so sad about things. He didn't really say much other than, "I want to try counselling and make you more of a priority in life like you are supposed to be." So I guess that is good? It would have been nice to hear that he wanted to be with me though. We are going to meet after work to talk more. I told him he HAS to be honest with me about some questions I have.

I'm so sorry FroggyBug. I hope your talk goes well - remember the shark (super great)!