Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    @Italian_Buju on the cookies, it probably would be a little easier to use Pilsbury but I've never bought store bought cookie dough in my life, honestly, and it only takes a minute to mix anyway. Plus I don't think it'd ever stay good in the fridge long enough to use an entire package as I only have a cookie once a month or so, probably.

On the long hair at the gym thing, it baffles me too. My hair is somewhere between bra-band and waist-length and I need it in a ponytail at least, with a headband to keep it totally off my face. And I am NOT cute when I work out anyway as my face turns so red it's almost purple when I run. Strangers ask if I'm okay. I'm fine and I don't even feel super winded or anything, but I look on the brink of collapse, lol.

@FluffySandwich, you should check out the conservation efforts for rhinos going on at game parks in both eastern and southern Africa, it is astounding and really gives me hope. There are wardens who are literally rhino bodyguards who even stay with them all night, every night, to keep them safe from poachers. It's really incredible and the men who do it are just the best examples of humanity doing things right for the Earth. White rhinos might not be saved, I know, but there are others and there are a lot of people out there doing everything they can for them.

This! I went for a 8 mile run and a cute old man told me to stop and have some water... I was like thanks but I'm fine.... I kinda get jealous of anyone who looks like a goddess after working out, I'm a giant ball of sweaty, red grossness lol

I've been running the stairs in my apartment building (which is full of mostly lovely senior citizens) recently, and I can't tell you how often I meet someone shuffling down from the second or third floor in slippers who makes comments. They mean well and I don't mind as I know they're trying to be friendly but I think they're getting worried about me. I told one of the "popular kids" (there's a group of them who are tanned to shoe-leather who hang out together by the pool every day and who I think are the in-crowd with all the gossip...) the other day that I'm prepping for a trek in Peru so hopefully that spreads like wildfire so they don't have to keep popping into the stairwell to check on me, haha. Or worrying when they hear my hiking boots clomping up past the sixteenth floor over and over.

Aww that is freaking adorable! I love the elderly lol
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I am already over calories for the day and haven't even had dinner. (Who knew Lennys Subs cookies were 350 calories each?!)

After work, I rode my bicycle for a fast, hot ride (almost an hour), then only had 1 slice of pizza for dinner (at a volunteer training meeting). I still had enough calories left for ice cream before bed!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    quoted instead of edited. *face palm*

We've all done that AT LEAST once(or five times...).

At least you didn't fall off the treadmill?

Sorry @pofoster21 I had to poke a little fun. Hopefully the fall was mostly injury free.

OH and Sgt. Sexy Pants was in a motorcycle accident on the way to work today! :scream:

He ran his bike into a guard rail. He's dirty but okay. :lol:
    The motorcycle however.....uhm... Well let's just say he can't afford to take me on ANY dates for a while. :lol:

And OF COURSE he wouldn't tell me about it until the night's shift is almost over :grumble:

I am glad St. Sexy Pants is okay. He is blessed.

Two of my brothers wrecked the same motorcycle last summer and though the bike was fine the first time, the brother who bounced 200 Ft down the guard rail was in my trauma center for 8 days with four ribs remaining intact and a punctured lung. That was Memorial Day. On Independence Day, my oldest brother borrowed the bike because his was in the shop. A deer jumped the guardrail and the bike the deer and my brother skidded 200 yards down the interstate. Dead deer. Bike in pieces. Brother in my trauma center on a vent with collapsed lung, three broken ribs but only a crack in his pelvis because he lifts and his muscles held everything in place. (that's really why I lift now, it saved his life) I told bother #3 that if he got on his motorcycle on Labor Day weekend, I would break his ribs myself.

@MelissaPhippsFeagins

Wow! So sorry to hear about the accidents, but I am glad your brothers are doing better! Do you think brother number #3 will listen?
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Thank you everyone for the cheers.

These are the two sets I got:

v1epxfh1iumi.jpg
    ryhn5o0po9p1.jpg

Satisfies my jewellery needs while being practical.

Are these fitbit covers?

Yes. For my flex.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I committed to baking a PannuKakku (Finnish dessert like a custardy French toast served with jam) for daycare's cultural potluck on Friday. I love it. I will have to resist the urge to faceplant in it. I love desserts that aren't super sweet (I will almost always pick a lime/citrus/nut something or other over caramel bc I'm weird like that) but I don't usually eat desserts (which is weird for a baker, I know). I eat like 1/2 a Hershey's mini and I'm good lol. I'll actually eat 2 tbsp. of homemade nut butter (I make mine without sugar) before a brownie.

Are you Finnish?

I ask because the SO is and Finn pancakes are often a supper meal at our home. He's never mentioned or produced that dessert, however... surprising, considering his sweet tooth.

He's a total Finn food snob, lol. He sneers at the fundraiser Pulla I occasionally buy, saying it's nowhere as good as his mum's.

DH is lol... He's from the UP of Michigan (which has the highest concentration of Finns outside of Finland). My Pulla is decent but nothing compared to his grandmother's. He misses her food a ton (she's been dead about 5? years). I can make some stuff and I wish I knew the language but other than a few sentences, I don't.

I'm Irish (one side grandparents off the boat, the other side, one was off the boat) and a trace Serbian. I make a mean soda bread ;)

SO's mum was off the boat, Dad's side had been here a few generations. I'm off the boat (well, it was plane) Scottish.

I should mention that he may sneer at the inferior Pulla, but still manages to put aside his principles and gobble it up.

I don't attempt any Finn dishes, that's his department. But I make killer stovies.

I hate stovies!!

I'm a scots girl born and bred - from the borders.

Aberdonian here.
    Yay!! Hit my 30 lb down goal. Time for some new pretty wristbands for my flex.

I love you guys for keeping me on track!

Woohoo, that's a great milestone achievement!

I've actually been considering one of the Tory Burch double-wrap bracelets for "dressy" occasions, although the price is ridiculous. I tend to just wear my filthy old flex band because I've had it on for so long I just forget it's there, it's like part of my arm now.

@ythannah those bracelets are gorgeous & I would assume most people would think it's just a regular bracelet.

I was thinking if I get to goal again 147-153 I might buy one of her flats or a wallet; however, I have heard mixed reviews on her shoes.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I have already mentioned my love of Tory Burch but feel the need to do so again...I LOVE TORY BURCH <3
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Yay! Hi @Susieq_1994!!!!!! :smiley:

Hello. :blush: It's been a while.

It's good to hear from you. You've been missed :)

This! I smiled when I saw your first post. :smiley:

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I have already mentioned my love of Tory Burch but feel the need to do so again...I LOVE TORY BURCH <3

Lol, I'd never heard of her until fitbit started promoting her first set of flex bracelets.
    I committed to baking a PannuKakku (Finnish dessert like a custardy French toast served with jam) for daycare's cultural potluck on Friday. I love it. I will have to resist the urge to faceplant in it. I love desserts that aren't super sweet (I will almost always pick a lime/citrus/nut something or other over caramel bc I'm weird like that) but I don't usually eat desserts (which is weird for a baker, I know). I eat like 1/2 a Hershey's mini and I'm good lol. I'll actually eat 2 tbsp. of homemade nut butter (I make mine without sugar) before a brownie.

Are you Finnish?

I ask because the SO is and Finn pancakes are often a supper meal at our home. He's never mentioned or produced that dessert, however... surprising, considering his sweet tooth.

He's a total Finn food snob, lol. He sneers at the fundraiser Pulla I occasionally buy, saying it's nowhere as good as his mum's.

DH is lol... He's from the UP of Michigan (which has the highest concentration of Finns outside of Finland). My Pulla is decent but nothing compared to his grandmother's. He misses her food a ton (she's been dead about 5? years). I can make some stuff and I wish I knew the language but other than a few sentences, I don't.

I'm Irish (one side grandparents off the boat, the other side, one was off the boat) and a trace Serbian. I make a mean soda bread ;)

SO's mum was off the boat, Dad's side had been here a few generations. I'm off the boat (well, it was plane) Scottish.

I should mention that he may sneer at the inferior Pulla, but still manages to put aside his principles and gobble it up.

I don't attempt any Finn dishes, that's his department. But I make killer stovies.

I hate stovies!!

I'm a scots girl born and bred - from the borders.

Aberdonian here.
    Yay!! Hit my 30 lb down goal. Time for some new pretty wristbands for my flex.

I love you guys for keeping me on track!

Woohoo, that's a great milestone achievement!

I've actually been considering one of the Tory Burch double-wrap bracelets for "dressy" occasions, although the price is ridiculous. I tend to just wear my filthy old flex band because I've had it on for so long I just forget it's there, it's like part of my arm now.

@ythannah those bracelets are gorgeous & I would assume most people would think it's just a regular bracelet.

I was thinking if I get to goal again 147-153 I might buy one of her flats or a wallet; however, I have heard mixed reviews on her shoes.

I want the rose gold one... but I don't $175 want it...

And never mind "if" you get to goal again, that's "WHEN" you get to goal! So you might as well start browsing now.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I had a dream last night that I started SL 5x5. I was at the Y and I was completely lost on what to do and what machine to use and NO ONE would help me, they all just continued doing their thing even though I looked like a lost child hiding the clothes rack.

This is my fear. I will get up the courage to start and will be totally lost and no one will help me, so I just take myself back to the cardio stuff because it's easy and I have yet to hurt myself on it.

I have anxiety over this. :(

You can ask me or quiksylver! (Or Lois - I think that's what she is doing too). Have you looked at the app yet?

Very briefly. I watched the video for workout A but haven't gotten around to watching workout B yet. I am planning on starting next week, so I will watch B sometime this weekend or something. My plan is to supplement my HIIT with the SL 5x5 so I will do it on Tuesday and Thursday and maybe Saturday. I don't know yet, because I haven't checked out the program yet.

Any help you ladies could offer, would be tremendously helpful and greatly appreciated.

Don't mind me listening in on your advice. I have every intention of starting Stronglifts at some point.

eta: spelling, oy

We may need to start an SL 5x5 thread in the batcave since so many of us are either doing it or going to start doing it. I'm pretty excited about seeing what my body can not only look like, but also, what my body can DO. My goal is more Ronda Rousey and less DLB. B)

• MoHousdon
    Options
    @Italian_Buju on the cookies, it probably would be a little easier to use Pilsbury but I've never bought store bought cookie dough in my life, honestly, and it only takes a minute to mix anyway. Plus I don't think it'd ever stay good in the fridge long enough to use an entire package as I only have a cookie once a month or so, probably.

On the long hair at the gym thing, it baffles me too. My hair is somewhere between bra-band and waist-length and I need it in a ponytail at least, with a headband to keep it totally off my face. And I am NOT cute when I work out anyway as my face turns so red it's almost purple when I run. Strangers ask if I'm okay. I'm fine and I don't even feel super winded or anything, but I look on the brink of collapse, lol.

@FluffySandwich, you should check out the conservation efforts for rhinos going on at game parks in both eastern and southern Africa, it is astounding and really gives me hope. There are wardens who are literally rhino bodyguards who even stay with them all night, every night, to keep them safe from poachers. It's really incredible and the men who do it are just the best examples of humanity doing things right for the Earth. White rhinos might not be saved, I know, but there are others and there are a lot of people out there doing everything they can for them.

This! I went for a 8 mile run and a cute old man told me to stop and have some water... I was like thanks but I'm fine.... I kinda get jealous of anyone who looks like a goddess after working out, I'm a giant ball of sweaty, red grossness lol

Me too and I have this huge vein in my forehead. If I'm not a sweaty veiny mess, then I didn't do it right.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    I had a dream last night that I started SL 5x5. I was at the Y and I was completely lost on what to do and what machine to use and NO ONE would help me, they all just continued doing their thing even though I looked like a lost child hiding the clothes rack.

This is my fear. I will get up the courage to start and will be totally lost and no one will help me, so I just take myself back to the cardio stuff because it's easy and I have yet to hurt myself on it.

I have anxiety over this. :(

Awwww I'm sorry you feel this way. :( Makes me wish I lived nearby to take you. <3

I would REALLY love that! I don't think Mr. Mo would be okay with me moving to England just so I'll have a lifting partner. :wink:

Oh :disappointed: Ok. No even for a couple of months until you get the swing of it?

Unfortunately, no. He's quite selfish like that.

• spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    So, finally heard back from the director today. She and the psychologist are coming to the house tomorrow at 10:30 to see Raelynn. This whole process just seems weird, but I guess that's what they do.

My guess would be they can get a better idea of her needs in her 'natural' environment. I hope you get the help you need!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Does anyone have any sites that they would recommend that would show good form videos for lifting?

http://stronglifts.com/exercises/

Good videos, do what to do and what NOT to do, common issues and common pains and where you are going wrong. I lived by this website.
    I had it on my phone and if something didn't feel right I referred to the website.

@Lois_1989

Thanks for the link going to go check it out now.

Also wanted to say to all the women who lift that post in here you're AWESOME!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

Thank you. :) I wasn't too sure if many people noticed that I wasn't around--I know a few did, because they PMed me.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    SUSIE! Welcome back! I'll give the picture posting a shot. Thanks!

Your efforts to make the thread a safe place for me are a major reason for why I came back--couldn't let all of it go to waste, after all, could I? :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    @Glinda1971 congrats! I'm so excited for you!

@Susieq_1994 welcome back! Hope you are doing well! Also I came to the realization today that there is a gourmet donut shop down the street named Susie Q's, please tell me you make donuts too! Lol

Ha, that's funny. :p Nope, unfortunately fried desserts are not something I'm at all talented in--I've never made a donut in my life. That might actually be a fortunate thing, though.... ;)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Thank you. :) I wasn't too sure if many people noticed that I wasn't around--I know a few did, because they PMed me.

Even if some of us don't mention it, it's definitely noticeable when you're not around :(
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Even if some of us don't mention it, it's definitely noticeable when you're not around :(

Yep :) I assumed you were avoiding the storm though...and I don't blame you, as I was pretty seriously considering bailing at that point too...but no worries, glad to see you back!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options

Yes, dear one, we missed you very much!! I need to add you to my friends list!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I just inhaled a Lamar's donut while walking around my breakroom...in the dark. I do not regret this decision in the least.