Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Random things I hope to do one day:

1) Kick down a door. Don't know why, it just looks fun. But based on how attempting to kick a fence board down went, I don't think I'll be very good at kicking in doors.

2) Flip a table when I'm mad. Preferably someone else's table, with their stuff on it.

I love #2 and feel like I need more information about the sidenote to #1...
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    So TMI alert but here's a thought (you've been warned).

As previously bemoaned, a lovely side effect of pregnancy is the slowing down of one's bowel and all the delightful consequences associated therewith.

While I finally managed to 'lighten my load' earlier today after a few days of stalling, it occurred to me that perhaps this is nature's way of readying the body for birth. I swear I had to do breathing exercises to get through it!

I feel better now...

As I don't have children and therefore have never given birth, this scares me :#

I've given birth 4 times with no drugs and I don't recall ever having this problem. I only recall the last one being difficult to push. He was also the only omen induced though, so that's what I blame it on.

I have horror movie scenes running through my head. What is this?!?

ETA: I think I figured it out. "The only one induced" right?

Same here. I was thinking "Damien???". Then I figured ohhhh, autocorrect.
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    I can't do any type of jumping jacks or running without my belly smacking the top of my thighs. It's really embarrassing. Going to talk to a surgeon about a panniculectomy. Three kids and yo-yoing between 140 and 252 a few times wrecked my belly.

When I run on the mini trampoline or do jumping jacks I leak a little..so embarrassing but hey after 4 kids what can I expect.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Um, no thanks. And I don't really want to work THAT hard, LOL

i7ent12uyyen.jpg
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    I had a dream last night that I started SL 5x5. I was at the Y and I was completely lost on what to do and what machine to use and NO ONE would help me, they all just continued doing their thing even though I looked like a lost child hiding the clothes rack.

This is my fear. I will get up the courage to start and will be totally lost and no one will help me, so I just take myself back to the cardio stuff because it's easy and I have yet to hurt myself on it.

I have anxiety over this. :(

You can ask me or quiksylver! (Or Lois - I think that's what she is doing too). Have you looked at the app yet?

Very briefly. I watched the video for workout A but haven't gotten around to watching workout B yet. I am planning on starting next week, so I will watch B sometime this weekend or something. My plan is to supplement my HIIT with the SL 5x5 so I will do it on Tuesday and Thursday and maybe Saturday. I don't know yet, because I haven't checked out the program yet.

Any help you ladies could offer, would be tremendously helpful and greatly appreciated.

Don't mind me listening in on your advice. I have every intention of starting Stronglifts at some point.

eta: spelling, oy

We may need to start an SL 5x5 thread in the batcave since so many of us are either doing it or going to start doing it. I'm pretty excited about seeing what my body can not only look like, but also, what my body can DO. My goal is more Ronda Rousey and less DLB. B)

Oh my! Total girl crush!!! I love her! <3 If SL 5X5's get me looking like that, I'm NEVER stopping!

Me either! She has the just the right amount of muscle without being gross. Sorry for those that are fans of DLB and that look. It's just not what I'm into or going for.

Who's DLB? I Googled (briefly), but no love...

Edit: typo

Dana Linn Bailey. It's just too much.
    8odi3myhm13z.jpg

Yeah, I mean good for her, but no thanks. No one is going to be seeing that much of me besides Mr. Mo and he doesn't want me more ripped than he is. He's made that plenty clear. Ronda, on the other hand, I think he'd be cool with that. :smiley:

Also, I see you found her.

DLB.jpg 45.1K
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

1) Kick down a door. Don't know why, it just looks fun. But based on how attempting to kick a fence board down went, I don't think I'll be very good at kicking in doors.

2) Flip a table when I'm mad. Preferably someone else's table, with their stuff on it.

The fence board? We were taking down part of my fence so naturally we wanted to try kicking some boards down. I kicked - nothing. Kicked again - nothing. Determined now, I put EVERYTHING I had into a kick. Well the board came off that time, and my leg continued through, and I scraped my entire calf down the cross board on the bottom. :angry:

Generally, whenever I try to do something fun I end up hurting myself in some way.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

I can check #1 off. Being a cop rocks!

I think I did the second one once when I was little, playing board games with my sisters. I'm not sure that really counts, though.
  • ShibaEars
    Options

I think I did the second one once when I was little, playing board games with my sisters. I'm not sure that really counts, though.

It counts if playing pieces went flying everywhere, thus putting an abrupt end to the game.
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    I had a dream last night that I started SL 5x5. I was at the Y and I was completely lost on what to do and what machine to use and NO ONE would help me, they all just continued doing their thing even though I looked like a lost child hiding the clothes rack.

This is my fear. I will get up the courage to start and will be totally lost and no one will help me, so I just take myself back to the cardio stuff because it's easy and I have yet to hurt myself on it.

I have anxiety over this. :(

You can ask me or quiksylver! (Or Lois - I think that's what she is doing too). Have you looked at the app yet?

Very briefly. I watched the video for workout A but haven't gotten around to watching workout B yet. I am planning on starting next week, so I will watch B sometime this weekend or something. My plan is to supplement my HIIT with the SL 5x5 so I will do it on Tuesday and Thursday and maybe Saturday. I don't know yet, because I haven't checked out the program yet.

Any help you ladies could offer, would be tremendously helpful and greatly appreciated.

Don't mind me listening in on your advice. I have every intention of starting Stronglifts at some point.

eta: spelling, oy

We may need to start an SL 5x5 thread in the batcave since so many of us are either doing it or going to start doing it. I'm pretty excited about seeing what my body can not only look like, but also, what my body can DO. My goal is more Ronda Rousey and less DLB. B)

Oh my! Total girl crush!!! I love her! <3 If SL 5X5's get me looking like that, I'm NEVER stopping!

Me either! She has the just the right amount of muscle without being gross. Sorry for those that are fans of DLB and that look. It's just not what I'm into or going for.

Who's DBL? I Googled (briefly), but no love...

Dana Lynn Bailey (I'm not sure if that's spelled exactly right)

ETA: I think she looks amazing & I can appreciate the amount of hard work she's put in, but it's not a goal look for me either.

Thanks, Shiba!

So, there's no way she's not on steroids, right? Unless she has just crazy high t-level naturally I didn't think that low of body fat and that level of definition/mass was possible for women...I guess there's always outliers though.

Good on her for getting what she wants, but yeah, I'd be team Rousey, too.
  • vmessyness
    vmessyness Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I go way too long without eating because I cannot decide what I want to eat. Then when the hunger gets numbing I will finally muster up energy to have a snack before I make a meal. Usually the snack will be something that's incredibly easy, like apples and almond butter, or a piece of fruit I simply have to grab out of the fridge. I always feel a lot better after eating the snack of course, and think WHY THE F DIDN'T I JUST DO THAT TWO HOURS AGO. I'm always kind of annoyed with myself, but I still do this all the time. Ridiculous, I know.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

It counts if playing pieces went flying everywhere, thus putting an abrupt end to the game.

Of course!
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options

The fence board? We were taking down part of my fence so naturally we wanted to try kicking some boards down. I kicked - nothing. Kicked again - nothing. Determined now, I put EVERYTHING I had into a kick. Well the board came off that time, and my leg continued through, and I scraped my entire calf down the cross board on the bottom. :angry:

Generally, whenever I try to do something fun I end up hurting myself in some way.

Oh no! So I know that must of hurt, but it really is funny. I hope it's funny to you too, in retrospect. Silver lining - you DID do it!
  • ShibaEars
    Options

oh, and I forgot to ask, was it fun? :lol:
  • ShibaEars
    Options

Oh no! So I know that must of hurt, but it really is funny. I hope it's funny to you too, in retrospect. Silver lining - you DID do it!

It was funny, after the initial stinging went away lol. I can be pretty clumsy, so I'm not surprised it happened.
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    On the long hair at the gym thing, it baffles me too. My hair is somewhere between bra-band and waist-length and I need it in a ponytail at least, with a headband to keep it totally off my face. And I am NOT cute when I work out anyway as my face turns so red it's almost purple when I run. Strangers ask if I'm okay. I'm fine and I don't even feel super winded or anything, but I look on the brink of collapse, lol.

I have the same problem with my face. I get super flushed whenever I work out. At physical therapy I am always so embarrassed because I turn bright red and sweat as I'm working out. I've always been like that too.

Me too. People used to stop me and ask me if I was ok. And I sweat like CRAZY. Seriously gross.

Yes, I regularly leave sweaty butt/body prints on equipment, much to my gym partner's dismay :blush:

Preach girl, I do too- people look at me like I'm crazy when they see it (I do wipe down my machines) and I just want to be like okay- let's not pretend your butt and nether regions don't sweat like crazy either!!

I'm totally a member of the sweaty-red-faced-butt-print club! I feel the need to take a picture after my next work-out and post it in the Batcave now :)

Ha! I almost did that this morning. I would have too if I had my phone handy :)

You totally should!! If I actually run Wilbur tomorrow or Sunday, I think I'll post a post run picture :)
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I am known at work for making really good cakes, usually from scratch. Today one of the guys is leaving to take a job out of state, so they asked me to make him a German chocolate cake. I made it- box mix, can of frosting. Everyone is raving about how good it is. I don't know whether I should be flattered or disappointed.

ETA: Yay me, I can follow directions!

That's awesome! Did you admit it was box?
    Yes! I owned it! Thursday night is my regular girls' bike group ride. I knew I would be pretty late getting home and didn't want to take the time to make one from scratch. I usually at least make frosting from scratch, but didn't even bother this time. Apparently, there are plenty of people here who can't even make a decent cake using box mix. :neutral:

Nice!
    Man, I bet frosting from scratch is AMAZING!

Oh, it is. And super easy, too--I HATE frosting in a can, ever since I tasted frosting from scratch. You just can't go back!

I have never bought frosting from a can nor do I ever intend to lol
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Not as fun as it would seem. Flimsy door, kinda reacted like the fence...
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    All this talk about butter cream frosting and I have to go home and make some for my daughters cupcakes. I usually have a bunch left over. Somehow I manage to toss it before I bury my face in the bowl!
  • ShibaEars
    Options

Not as fun as it would seem. Flimsy door, kinda reacted like the fence...

Dang
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Good choices were not made at lunch today. At least it has potassium. :/

I think you made a good choice. I really like those kind!

My morning didn't start so good either. I ordered Starbucks and they made the first drink wrong so they gave it to me. So instead of one Starbucks drink, I had two today. :( So double the calories. (I wanted an iced caramel macchiato but they made a hot one first with a bunch of caramel in it).

Also, just as an FYI-I got our first relationship counseling session scheduled for Aug 13 (it was the soonest that our schedules would allow). Crossing fingers!